Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

what,s with hobbyzone & Parkzone radios ?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

what,s with hobbyzone & Parkzone radios ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
crashed out
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what,s with hobbyzone & Parkzone radios ?

After spending a few months reading and learning about electric flight I have come to the conclusion that Hobbyzone & parkzone have a problem with their systems. Now please correct me if I,m wrong but does everyone have radio failure after a few flights. I,m starting to get a little worried every time I fly just waiting for the radio to quit. Please be assured I,m not bashing either company, because I really enjoy flying their planes and i<ts only a hundred here or there. And lets face it we all have plenty of $$$ to throw around, I,t just seems every one talks about replacing there radios. Has anyone had more that a couple of months use out of their radio? Please tell me theres hope for us. Thanks and try to KEEP_UM_UP.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:14 AM
RedGN

Default RE: what,s with hobbyzone & Parkzone radios ?

Been flying cub, decathelon, spitfire, aerobird , etc...many many times and no radio failures.

Maybe just they don't like the style of the radio's, i know i don't.

hope this helps
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM
R/C FLYR

Hi, i have had no problems with the radio that is used to fly the super cub, 1st j-3 cub stryker c brushless aerobird extreme, however, i have seen numerous problems with the ZX-10 in the Trojan which has resulted in crashes. We have tried different channels with the same results, uncontrollable, lots of hits, resulting in very erratic flight, they need to replace that radio with something else, their planes on the other hand are excellent, the Trojan with the right radio is outstanding!! R/C FLYR
Old 02-10-2008, 12:25 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Crashed Out:

Look around qnd find a good used AM radio, Fatuba, JR, or other. There are lots of them laying around in club guys garages. Should be able to pick one up for arpound $25.00, you will have to buy a christal for the TX, available from the manufacturer. Try to get at least a 6 channel. The old Fatuba Super 7 is still good and very reliable. You still get what you pay for. My JR 10X was around $700. for the TX, worth every penney. My GWS receivers in the foamys around #25.00, all will glitch at 50 yards out but you should keep the stuff in close in any event. Still use them cause they are cheep and fine for theikr intended use in the disposable foamys. Ifg you need a small full range receiver, the $50.00 Burg is a good buy. Have use it in a Q-500 with no problems. ENJOY
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Leo L

Crashed out,

The main problem that people have with the HZ / PZ radios is the frequency band (27mhz.). This is the same frequency that is used by the "toy" R/C equipment (planes, boats and cars) sold in Radio Shack, Toys-R-Us, Walmart, Target, etc. There have been a number of instances where a person is flying their plane and all of a sudden looses all control because someone came down to the park to run the R/C car they just got for their birthday. However, 72mhz. is no guarantee of no interference. In fact, during my nearly three years of flying, I've seen more people have interference problems with 72mhz systems than with 27mhz systems. The only ways to ensure no interference is to buy a Spectrum radio; fly very early in the morning; or fly where there is no one around.

As far as reliability, no manufacturer is perfect. As far as RTF planes, I have not seen any manufacturer that comes even remotely close to the quality and reliability of the HZ / PZ equipment. I have seven HZ / PZ planes and the only time that I changed the electronics was when I wanted to upgrade the plane to brushless. However, my upgraded electronics are still PZ: I use the Typhoon transmitter and buy "replacement" receivers for my upgraded planes. The Typhoon transmitter doesn;t have all of the fancy computer functions, but it works just fine for controlling the planes.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
crashed out

Thanks Leo l That makes me feel a little better. As I said I have not had a problem with mine and I guess I,ll leave well enough alone. Thanks for the insight.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Mr. Mugen

I too have had 10-15 of their radio's with no issues to date.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
cjg

2 radios, no problems. I live in a small town in a rural area. The only time I had problems was with a kid bringing out his 27mz rc car while flying my 27mz supercub. I started to bring it down real fast when I saw him coming.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
RedGN

[sm=lol.gif]
That is funny!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
crashed out

thanks everyone. I only have 4 of their radios but no problems yet. I also live in a area where there is little in the way of RC use. So maybe thats not a bad thing. I have noticed there is a company on E-bay that often sells HZ&PV planes and many times the planes have non-working RX,s and are sold as such. This is one reason i have been questioning how well they hold up. It,s bad enough to crack up a plane by my own error and don,t need any help because the radio decieded to have a stroke. thanks everyone!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:40 PM
grubbyjeans

Check this on one of my radios [link=http://rnew.lonestarfieros.org/SuperCub/Radiotest.wmv]HZ Radio[/link]
Old 02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
crashed out

Was this a problem you found while flying? What plane were you using in the video? I have been flying a good many years and the only time I have seen something like you have in your video was when the antenna was not fully extended or if another flyer turned on a radio of the same channel. I quess I am getting a little lazy because I don,t feel like building anymore and would rather just buy and fly. This is why I really enjoying these HZ&PZ planes.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Travis Bickle

I never had any problems with their radios, besides not feeling as "solid" as the big brands. I bought my last 2 Parkzone Strykers PNP version though. and used my own radio stuff.