Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Seawind Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Just Good Times

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seawind Motor Swap

Has any one tryed to install a different motor in the seawind from the factor recomendation and what problems were found with the swap.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Seawind Motor Swap

I just got my seawind this past week after being on backorder for months. I plan on putting a BP A2212-10 Brushless outrunner in it. I got this from BP Hobbies a while back. I have not started assembly but do know that the hardware does not match what is provided for in the kit. I'll be making modifications as I go
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
highflyer65

You need to make a new mount.The mount provided will only fit there Rimfire motor.It's not to big a deal.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

that's what I was thinking, thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
jmupilot

Of course you can install another brand in your seawind EP very easily. You dont need to make a new mount. I have a TeamOrion Gust MS in mine The RimFire is a 3 hole mount type and mine is a standard 4 hole mount. I used the mount that came with the plane. Look at the other SeawindEP threads here for pictures of mine with the GustMS motor installed. Look here for the info: Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft >> RE: Foam Seawind EP from Great Planes... page 3 its in the electric forum under the one you just posted to.

Pete