Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wattage Live Wire, Whoohoooo

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 05:11 PM
hack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Live Wire, Whoohoooo

I just picked this plane up yesterday, on sale for $59. It has the same wing as the Crazy Max but with HUGE ailerons, rudder and elevator have huge counter balances on them, the gear box comes with bearings, and a great ratio. Fast built in 2 nights with mini micro servos and the 8cell 800mah NiM battery. Awesome high angle knife edge, flat spins, perfect inverted flight, perfectly straight when full throttle is given, no dive or lift tendencies like the crazy max. It actually looks like a real plane! The landing gear is pretty week, it folded on my first landing. The battery gets placed all the way forward against the firewall and I used 3 quarters to correct the CG.
The only beef I have with this plane is transporting it. The rudder and elevator will break very easily and the wing is epoxied to the fuse. Maybe we need to build a carrying suitcase for this plane.
I popped of the prop and tried to slope soar this plane....What a hoot. I was able to get great flight times on the slope, with great lift and speed. I had a crowd watching because I was able to do some inverted slope flying along with loops and rolls!! I did not put in a 5 channel RX so no mixing for me yet. I highly recommend this plane, not for beginners though.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:26 PM
contempo
My Feedback: (20)

Default Servos

Just curious, what servos did you use?

Are you using the stock motor?
Old 04-24-2003, 02:13 PM
hack

DONT BUY THIS PLANE, Unless you want to buy a different gearbox. I have 12 flights now on this plane and the spur gear keeps striping in flight. I have now spent $25 on 5 spur gears, I have no crashes, stock motor, pinion replaced 2 times, recomended battery pack. I have talked with the cooporate office about this problem and they swear is must be from crashing. I have the same original prop, and none of the prop shafts have bent or anything like that.
But........this plane really kicks ass, my buddy put in a new brushless and new gearbox and it flys great. I am happy with the stock motor, but the gears are killing me. 8 minute flights just cruising, 5-7 full throttle.
Servos are cirus 09.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:24 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Greetings,

I also have a LV, and it does fly nice. And you are right about the gears stripping very soon. It is still a blast, back when I use to fly it.
What brushless motor and gearbox is in the LV now?

Thanks, and good luck.

Jared
Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
sslandry

Hack,
Drop some cash and put in a hacker B20-18L and you won't be sorry. Runs like a champ with great run times. I haven't timed it yet, but it seems to be longer than the stock setup on my retired crazy max.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 PM
hack

What exactly do those numbers mean, what gear box will go with that motor, and what prop. I will probably get a brushless soon because of all the hype.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:40 AM
sslandry

Hack,
I was referring to the hacker B20 series motor - the 18L. It has 18 winds I think. I have the one with the Hacker factory 4:1 gearbox and use a 10 X 9 prop which delivers 16 OZ thrust. YOu can use the direct drive with other gearboxes, but you will have to usually do some modifications to make it fit.