Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Which Futaba (non 2.4) to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Futaba (non 2.4) to buy

Hiya guys - I need to buy a Futaba Tx thats compatible with the cheap E-sky Rx's I have. Money is tight at the moment so this rules out 2.4 cos of the price of the Rx's alone. In the Uk its 35Mhz and I have Futaba single and dual conversion crystal sets in various frequencies. The Futabas I've looked at are 6EXP etc. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, the reason for the change/upgrade: I need a set with Exponental and pre-progreemed plane settings - I have 9 planes and 9 cheap Rx's!!!! Thanks guys.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM
patnchris

Default RE: Which Futaba (non 2.4) to buy

I have the 7C and really like it....It has 10 model memories and more functions than I'll ever use. I haven't even explored half of what it it's capabilities are.....As my hanger has grown larger than 10, I'm comtemplating buying another, if I can find one for the right price....Lots of guys in my club a switching to 2.4G so I might be able to pick one up, there. However most of them are flying JR or the Futaba 9C which are far too complicated for this feeble old brain to figure out.....Pat
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Mr. Mugen

Same here. I have 3 of the 7CAP's and love em. I get a new one every time I fill one so every ten planes I get another radio...til nomadio comes out with their new model they keep blabbing about but no release date.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Tam, I have the 7 also, had the 6. Works for most of my fleet, the rest are on the DX6.
Like others have said with the 2.4's coming out there may very well be a lot of standard tx's soon available. The only down side is the 10 model memory on the 7, unlike Terry's 9 that has something like a hundred.

Money I understand, but money well invested on a good tx, be it 2.4 or not, is going to be better then buying something that just works now and has to be replaced as it doesn't fit your growth in the hobby. NOTE TO SELF: should have listened to aforementioned advice.
I bought the DX6 and Futaba 7 roughly a week before the DX7 came out. Now i have to look at buying another tx to cover the newest birds in the fleet, as I'm maxed out on both tx's I have now, or go all new which means all new rx's for every bird I have.

The 7 has a little more bling to it then the 6. And it has a lot more capability in what you can do with it.
Like when I first got started, I had I think at one time 4 of the Park Zone tx's, each a different channel. And that was just for four birds. Made it a bugger to carry all that to the field.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 AM
tam popo

GG, Patnchris - thanks for all that, I think I've made my decision and its the Futaba 6exp - there's a special deal over here cos of all the 2.4's being bought. Also I just found out that all my E-Skt RX's are useable. See you all back at the homestead (Bass Boys Club). Byeee......