Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

t-28 crash pic......!

Old 03-18-2008, 12:13 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-28 crash pic......!

hello friends! a couple of you guys posted nose damage crash pics on my "help removing cowl" thread a while back. i mentioned that the nose on my plane did not look like that, YET. well, YET was TODAY! it was a bit windy this morning, but i took a couple of planes out anyways (bad move). this damage occured from a nose wheel landing, that wasn't really that hard. oh well! off to mix up some epoxy, got pretty good with that stuff while repairing my supercub................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70509.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	906815  
Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
emperor187

Default RE: t-28 crash pic......!

Are the T-28 props... "indestructible?" Seen a few nose damage shots and they all seem to have the prop intact
Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM
rob737

the props are strong! my last "incident" was a nose dive into the ground (just cracked the cowl on that one!). the prop was in perfect shape, even though it hit hard (there was red paint on the back of it from the front edge of the cowl, so it hit hard enough that the prop blades flexed reaward and hit the cowl). i did chew one up trying to t.o on a bumpy grass field.......my fault (as usual).....one of the landing gear was bent, so it wouldn't roll and it kept nosing over and chewing up the grass mounds). i kept that one as a spare, it's still usable!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
matoran629

That SUCKS. Maybe a little epoxy will fix it. I love my Trojan. Also, is that a ParkZone J-3 in the background?

I love RC. Visit my page, photo to come soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
rob737

ps..........got her drying now, used lots of epoxy. slight damage to the engine mount.....i did my best but the motor is hanging a bit more than usual......hope i can fix that with some nose-down trim.....if it's even noticeable when i get this thing back in the air.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
rob737

i should have it back in the air tomorrow.........yes, it's a pz cub bl brushless.....that one came home today intact! i am also just finishing an eflite p-47...it's all done, just need to install the electronics when my order gets here on thursday. a little scared to fly that one, now![:-] here's a pic of the other work in progress............

Name:	Vt56302.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	906906  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
rob737

repairs are all done, everything checks out just fine, inlcuding a full power engine run-up. she'll fly again!!!

Name:	Hf98791.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	907659  
Old 03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
bladeCX1464

post some pics of your j-3. ive got one and need some ideas as to what to do with it..
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
bladeCX1464

ive got a futaba radio and eflite mico servers in it. im gonna use a micro esc and 2 batterys. this is too much weight isnt it?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
rob737

here's a pic of the pz cub bl. i am running mine stock, as delivered (brushless motor, 8.4 v. lipos, two sub-micro servos, etc). not sure about the weight and what you are planning, that might be worth another post! there are a bunch of guys on the forum flying them, i got some great help here when i needed to repair mine (smashed tail.....still need to get some of the decals off the old one and transfer them to the new tail).

Name:	Vs55710.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	908210  
Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 AM
bladeCX1464

okay so are you running stock electronics with a brushless or did you get a new radio?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
rob737

this came from parkzone as an rtf.............everything was included in the box. the electronics are all standard/stock parkzone.........with installed brushless motor and set up to run on lipos. hope this helps, i think you might have something else in mind?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM
JDMjdawg

wow...my T-28 broke at the same point yours did! I was flying and all of a sudden it started a spiraling nose dive from hell, I had absolutely no control over it. I felt so helpless watching it plummet to its death. I know I didn't run out of range and I'm not using the buggy RTF RX and TX, oh well. Damage wasn't too bad, I thought the motor would've been done for since the prop and spinner took such a beating, but it still spins up perfectly through all RPM. One of the landing gear on the wings came off too. Either way, I whipped up some epoxy and shes back together again About your broken motor mount, just pick up a new one seeing as how they're only $3 [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-20-2008, 02:39 PM
matoran629

Sweet Cub, your Trojan looks fixed up well. I want to take a poll on what you guys think ParkZone's next airplane will be. I love parkzone
Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
cv640

Rob,
That looks like my friend's T-28 after his series of mishaps. If it makes you feel better my P-51 was in many more pieces when it "found the ground." Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me and I have already stripped everything useful and tossed what was left.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

I do not know if this has happen to anyone else

I finally got my T 28 monday had her together in no time did pre flight ck no problem

go to maiden start to take off pilot go joe man hits the eject button canopy flys off pilotless T 28 5 feet of the ground ( darn chicken) up to fifty feet up I want to get it down
BLUNDER ALERT!! going slow right turn starts to flat spin [] let off sticks hit power pulling out lawn dart wing came off [X(]

good news glued wing mount back on good as new

where can I find a good pilot? he he he

should I tape the canopy??

thanks all
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
rob737

wow, it looks like we have the makings of a "crash club!" i have four models right now, but should have about seven if you count up all of the parts i have replaced and thrown out. thankfully i learned about epoxy on this forum! will order that motor mount, thanks jdm......i too have popped the wing off my t-28.....sounds like a few of us have done that........!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM
JDMjdawg

During my maiden I had the same problem, within a minute the pilot ejected too
The problem was that I didnt have the battery pack inserted far enough into the fueslage, so the rear magnet of the canopy wasn't attaching properly to the other magnet on the fuse.

You might wanna check and see if you're having the same problem. You really have to have the battery all the way forward or the canopy won't seat right onto the fuse.

ORIGINAL: RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

I do not know if this has happen to anyone else

I finally got my T 28 monday had her together in no time did pre flight ck no problem

go to maiden start to take off pilot go joe man hits the eject button canopy flys off pilotless T 28 5 feet of the ground ( darn chicken) up to fifty feet up I want to get it down
BLUNDER ALERT!! going slow right turn starts to flat spin [] let off sticks hit power pulling out lawn dart wing came off [X(]

good news glued wing mount back on good as new

where can I find a good pilot? he he he

should I tape the canopy??

thanks all
Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
JDMjdawg

Oh yeah...I almost forgot.

Yesterday I was flying at the park with my buddy and his neighbor which is a very seasoned veteran when it comes to RC flying.
He was asking how low of an inverted pass I could make...bad idea.

I did great at first, I was about 4-5 feet off the deck and then as I decided to pull up out of it, I dumb thumbed it and turned my inverted T-28 into a full speed lawn dart!

The damage...annihilated the fuse, its not just broken, the foam actually compressed so its a smushed up heap of junk now.
The motor mount of course didn't make it, I figured as much though.

Everything else is still good though. I decided to just start fresh with a new fuse since I won't be making low inverted passes anymore [sm=tongue_smile.gif] The guy at my LHS hooked me up with a new fuse and motor mount for $30 out the door. So now its time to rebuild the Trojan!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:38 PM
cjg

Inverted: Down is up and up is expensive!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
rob737

wow, i too did the "dumb thumb" thing before.......yes, they do fly right into the ground pretty well! i had to learn that if the model was turned even a bit past vertical, and you pull "up" stick, they go strait down. i learned the hard way to level the wings first in this situation. i have a new fuse and mount on the way.......mine is carrying more epoxy then foam!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

JMD thanks I used the battery out of my typhoon 2 seems bigger than other I think that was the problem

sorry to hear about the crash ,glad to hear your going to rebuild

was it a good idea for me to glue the front wing support to the fuse??

windy and calling for snow ,but glad ready for 2nd flight (may need skis)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:02 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: JDMjdawg

Oh yeah...I almost forgot.

Yesterday I was flying at the park with my buddy and his neighbor which is a very seasoned veteran when it comes to RC flying.
He was asking how low of an inverted pass I could make...bad idea.

I did great at first, I was about 4-5 feet off the deck and then as I decided to pull up out of it, I dumb thumbed it and turned my inverted T-28 into a full speed lawn dart!

The damage...annihilated the fuse, its not just broken, the foam actually compressed so its a smushed up heap of junk now.
The motor mount of course didn't make it, I figured as much though.

Everything else is still good though. I decided to just start fresh with a new fuse since I won't be making low inverted passes anymore [sm=tongue_smile.gif] The guy at my LHS hooked me up with a new fuse and motor mount for $30 out the door. So now its time to rebuild the Trojan!!!
oh no, rem, when your invert, CONTROLS ARE REVERSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, best to end when your ontop, instead of bein all smooshed up, haha, your goin to do more invert passes, trust me, haha, do it in sims, hard, but DARN FUN, I gota pratice more
Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
JDMjdawg

Flying inverted is no problem for me....its just when you get close to the deck it at high speeds sometimes you forget =P

Calvino...you flying your SS inverted now?!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:26 PM
dogismycopilot

Another hint to make the epoxy easier to work with:

Add microballoons to the epoxy, and mix them with 30- or 60-minute epoxy until the mixture is the consistency of peanut butter. It doesn't drip, it spreads well, and it is sandable! I learned this after ripping the cowl off my airplane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.