Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

t-28 ESC 70% smart cut feature . Help pls

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

t-28 ESC 70% smart cut feature . Help pls

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
casey_lamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-28 ESC 70% smart cut feature . Help pls

Can someone please explain how you know if you are flying that the smart cut feature is active? Do I need to reprogram for this feature.

How do I know that I have ran the battery down to this limit?

When the battery is plugged in im not hearing the 7 beeps the manual talks about. Is that only if the battery is below that limit.

When done for the day do you store batteries charged or leave them depleated.

Thanks for your help, its a whole different world to gas.

Casey
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
3DSAVAGE

Default RE: t-28 ESC 70% smart cut feature . Help pls

the best way tell if your battery is runnin low is to just have a timer set to go off at around when it cuts out. and i dunno about the beeps with the battery in. and its a good idea to store batteries charged, it keeps them from overdraining. hope this helped
Old 04-01-2008, 09:50 PM
S3etigoHide

You can get the manual for the esc [link=http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Files/EFLA1025_manual.pdf]here[/link].
Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
casey_lamm

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Lazyflier

Beware following the instructions for the BEC for 70% cut off, would require you to have a fully charged battery to be sure you do not go below the recommended voltage of 3 volts per cell.

NOTE: To access the 70% Smart Cut option, leave the stick at full throttle for 7 seconds while in menu item
1, until 7 beeps are heard, then continue through the program normally. This option will activate the soft
cut-off at 70% of startup voltage. For example, if your pack measures 10.0 volts at startup, then the soft
cut will occur at 7.0 volts. The Smart Cut option will check the startup voltage every time you plug the
battery into the controller, so beware of using partially charged packs, as the system cannot protect your
Li-Po batteries if you are using Smart Cut and connect a partially charged pack.

Myself I leave my cut off at a set voltage of 9 volts for a 3 cell lipo. That way I don't have to worry about a pack not being fully charged each time i use it.
The only advantage I see in using the smart cut off would be if I changed between 2 and 3 call Lipos on a regular basis.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:40 AM
casey_lamm

im at the default setting 70% and don't have a problem. I charge after every flight. Im not quite sure I follow what you are saying. The 70% level is 3v per cell isn't it.? I only use 3 cell lipos in this model. So im not sure what the problem would be. I have yet to fly against the cut off anyway.