Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Which RX R610 or R700

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 04:46 AM
tocano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which RX R610 or R700

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find it.
I am returning to RC model after 5 years absent. Now I have 10 years old boy that I like to teach flying. We will be concetrating on park and slow flying machines and I like to know what receiver should I purchase for my JR radio R610 or R700. Where I live they are the same price. R610 is 6 grams lighter but is that really matter 6 grams more for say speed 280 or 400 model?
If it doesn't then I'll get the R700 just in case I fly my glider again.
Comment and opinion please. Thank You.
Also I am getting GWS Tiger Moth since it's highly recommended by pretty much every sites that I visited.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:12 AM
woodduck-RCU

With the electric planes every bit of weight you can save is a plus.
I use both the 610 and the 700 JR receivers in my glow planes, the only other difference between the 2 seems to be an extra channel. For my electric planes I use a GWS 4N receiver about 1/3 of the cost of the JR. The range is about a 1000 ft and the crystals
are about $8, they are fully compatible with the JR transmitters.
Try the GWS and spend the savings on Lithium Poly batteries for the electric plane!
By the way the GWS 4N receiver is 1/2 the weight of the JR 610 and I use the GWS 4N in a Tiger Moth.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:23 AM
tocano

Default GWS

I will check if the GWS is available here. By the way will you see/feel the difference flying GWS tiger moth with R700, R610 and GWS RX from flying performance/weight ratio point of view.
Thanks for you input.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 AM
woodduck-RCU

Yes, I think you will see the difference. The tiger moth performance is marginal and any weight saved will help.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:31 AM
tocano

Default GWS receiver

Thanks Woodduck. I have found the site that sell a 6 channel gws micro receiver for half 1/3 of the price of JR's.
The site also sell Feda electric heli pretty cheap, always like to have one. Apparently it flies well in comparison to Picollo and Hornet. Anyway one thing at a time I'll get the tiger moth first.
Tomorrow I am going to fly a DIY speed 400 trainer for the first time. I hope it flies, I am concern about the weight and size, the wingspan is 56" and has speed 400 direct drive and 6x4 Graupner 1 piece prop and 8 cell battery.
It's a similar design to Firebird.