Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Finally had the chance to get the Super Cub airborne...

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Finally had the chance to get the Super Cub airborne...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
1bosshog2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally had the chance to get the Super Cub airborne...

In my earlier post a few weeks ago I posted that I was having some problems keeping the cub airborne. I had nothing but crashes the first few times I tried to fly. The problem was fixed by gluing the servo boxes back in place as well as the front engine mount back to the airframe. With some adjustments to the servo wires I let her loose at full throttle and up she went. At altitude she kept trying to nosedive so I adjusted the trim (all the way down) and that leveled her off. Some of my turns were too sharp, but it is a very forgiving plane once it's up. I put her into a spiralling nosedive at the end, but I think the battery had run out as I wasn't paying attention to time, luckily, the plane was fine. I can't wait for the wind to let up to give her a try again. My wife shot some still pics, so I'll try to post them later tonight.

I'm glad that flight went well, I was going to be pretty discouraged if it didn't go well after fixing the damage from previous crashes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68718.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	924415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12317.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	924416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38340.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	924417  
Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally had the chance to get the Super Cub airborne...

Nice pics 1bosshog2............. Once they actually fly for ya its a whole new thrill. Glad to see you made the progress and got her airborne!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Sir Raleigh

A few suggestions...

1. Check the CG and make sure it's correct.
2. Make sure the movable control surfaces are parallel with the stationary surfaces with the transmitter and receiver on and the trim tabs and sticks centered. Make this adjustment using the control rod clevis.
3. To reduce control surface throw (makes the plane a little less responsive) move the control rod closer to the servo on the servo horn and/or further away from the control surfaces on the control horn.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

awesome! glad you had some success with your plane. the supercub is a blast to fly.........i still fly mine all the time despite moving on to more advanced models. i just today had to replace the fuselage on mine.......you are not alone as far as reparing damage! enjoy, good luck.......rob