Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Gws A-10 warthog rudder mod question

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Gws A-10 warthog rudder mod question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Stuart Linfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gws A-10 warthog rudder mod question

Has anyone done a rudder mod on the GWS A-10?

I'm helping a friend build his, and we're sitting here looking at these twin rudders trying to figure out a way to make them work.

with the nose gear servo, I'd think someone has figured out a way to make the rudders work.

anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Stuart
Old 05-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Omurru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gws A-10 warthog rudder mod question

I just baught one too and had a look at mine and simply said no. It could be done but with alot of extra weight very far back. Two ways to do it, one is to get hold of some very thin ny-rods and run them through the tail plane and fuse, would have to cut slots into the bottom of the tail plane to accomodate but if the rods were small enough it would work nicley (need one for both sides) the other way would be a more complicated bellcrank system such as are used in the larger models such as the Ziroli B-25.....

I think the nyrod solution could work but finding small enough nyrods and tubes could pose as a problem, though could be made up yourself with little problems just gluing the z-bends into the end of a small tube. Would have to be very smooth operation though as the servos can't pull much. Without landing gear (as mine is) the extra weight should be a problem.......