Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: New Parkzone Warbird revealed at SEFF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Confirmed: New Parkzone Warbird revealed at SEFF

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 AM
AETCBoom4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confirmed: New Parkzone Warbird revealed at SEFF

Take a look at what was revealed at SEEF today. This has been a floating rumor confirmed by David Eichstedt of Horizon Hobby over on RCG. He stated that a new Parkzone Warbird wouldl be displayed at SEEF. Thanks to Grasshopper on Wattflyer.com for capturing these pics. Looks like this is it. Let the thread begin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80874.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	941811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28342.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	941812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19473.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	941813  
Old 05-03-2008, 02:04 AM
maiden-crash

Default RE: New Parkzone Warbird revealed at SEFF???

Thats a beauty. If its made of Z foam, I know I'll end up purchasing one.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 AM
11Hotel

Nothing about it yet at Hobbyzone.com or Parkzone.com. If it's built like the Trojan then I'll place an order now! First thing to go has got to be the stock landing gear though!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 AM
tubamike78

looks like a 3-bladed prop on it with painted yellow tips on it to. wheels looks small, i've replaced my t-28 ones with 2-3/4" foam wheels and rolls nicely on grass. i'm surprised they did not have it on display at the toledo show.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
r72cnvt

Brushless LiPo?? Ripe for bomb release and such. Maybe packaged with DX6i? That would be too much to ask for!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 AM
tubamike78

i bet it will use same power system as the trojan.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Rob68

-It NEEDS to be brushless & lipo as proven by the popularity of the T-28!
Old 05-03-2008, 01:18 PM
matoran629

Looks great!!! wonder if it has a carrier tail-hook(just kidding) I am still waiting to fly my T-28, but hopefully I can get my paws on one of these.
That landing gear looks great, I think it is the most scale of the PZ warbirds. Thanks for the info
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
sportrider_fz6

looks like I may have found what model #4 will be on my DX6I
Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 PM
AETCBoom4

It has been confirmed at SEEF, this is the new warbird from Parkzone. The word from the Horizon Reps at SEEF is projected release of July/August 08

Well guys, your wait is over, but I'm not going to just come out and tell you. You're going to have to search for it.

On Saturday at SEFF we'll be flying the next ParkZone warbird in the noontime demo, assuming nothing bad happens to our two samples between now and then.

If you're coming to SEFF, we'll have it on display near our booth, and you might even catch it in the air a few times over the weekend. We pulled it out and had it available to see today, and will again tomorrow.

So if you want to find out what it is, keep watching the various SEFF threads, etc., that no doubt will pop up over the next couple of days.

Here are some cool points:

1) It's Z-foam
2) It's the same size as the T-28, with the same motor
3) It's painted
4) The RTF will come with a genuine Spektrum DX5e transmitter
4) The ESC is an all-new 30A with a switch-mode BEC

I think you're going to like it.

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby
Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
maiden-crash

Default RE: Confirmed: New Parkzone Warbird revealed at SEFF

DX5e?? Im gonna need to look that one up.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Eflyer177

yea this will be a good partner for my typhoon 2 and t28 trojian
Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 AM
r72cnvt

I would still like to see it come with the DX6i. With the one additional channel, you can only do one more basic option. Corsairs are my favorite bird and have been for 35 years, but they have inherent stability problems that models seem to collect.

The gull wing dumps lift air off, making them prone to stalling. That's why they were relegated to ground service with the Marines for much of thier WWII career before entering carrier service.

I would love to be able to program flaps and retracts into a good radio. Spektrum makes a great product, but how long was the DX6i pushed back before general release?? At least 6 months. I would suspect the DX5 will have the same problem. That will push back release of the Bent Wing Bird until Christmas. The T-28 suffered the same fate last year.

I applaude Horizons effort to upgrade the radio to 2.4, but I still beg them to put in $60.00 more dollars of TX and send it out with the hottest radio on the market right now. I would sure pay the difference. And I think now is the time to make the change before full scale production and marketing begins. This will push back my first nitro bird even further into the future!!

Way to go, Horizon!! Where do I sign up to pre-order??
Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Zeta30

Here is another photo. Either the ParkZone pilots need more practice or ParkZone still has glitching problems...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35744.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	942518  
Old 05-04-2008, 12:10 PM
tubamike78

anyone have a video of it?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
r72cnvt

Zeta,
That was explained over at Wattflyers. The plane suffered a mid air and limped halfway around the pattern before coming to earth. Not the Corsairs fault from the explanation.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 AM
maiden-crash

Hmn, I wonder how durable this bird is compared to say multiplex planes, or the C Stryker.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 AM
tubamike78

i've gotta hand it to parkzone, they must really read through these posts and take heart to out suggestions. when the mustang came out, everyone said the battery hatch was in a bad location, that was changed with the fw-190. then with the spit, they put better rx in it so can program for lipo from tx. we said that these birds needs wheels and needs more power, they answer with the t-28. with the t-28, we say that it should have a 3 bladed prop and better esc and radio, their answer to that is of course the consair. i for one can't wait for this one to be released, i think i know what will be on my christmas wish list for i think it will take that long for it to be released. the only other thing that i hope they may change about the consair is to put bigger wheels on it for those of us that only fly off of grass. i've changed out my t-28's with 2-3/4" and rolls through grass much better.

keep up the good work parkzone...
Old 05-05-2008, 01:12 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: tubamike78

i've gotta hand it to parkzone, they must really read through these posts and take heart to out suggestions. when the mustang came out, everyone said the battery hatch was in a bad location, that was changed with the fw-190. then with the spit, they put better rx in it so can program for lipo from tx. we said that these birds needs wheels and needs more power, they answer with the t-28. with the t-28, we say that it should have a 3 bladed prop and better esc and radio, their answer to that is of course the consair. i for one can't wait for this one to be released, i think i know what will be on my christmas wish list for i think it will take that long for it to be released. the only other thing that i hope they may change about the consair is to put bigger wheels on it for those of us that only fly off of grass. i've changed out my t-28's with 2-3/4" and rolls through grass much better.

keep up the good work parkzone...
tubamike78: Thank you very much for noticing our continual improvements. Yes, we do read the forums and learn what we can, and combine that information with a few other feedback channels to see what's happening out there, and make changes accordingly.

About the wheels, at this point we're going to stick with what we have. It's really hard to provide a single solution that works for everybody some guys have paved runways and won't belly land, others have short grass where the current size wheels work fine, and some have long grass that won't allow ANY gear to work in this size model. If we make the wheels bigger, it's going to look less scale and draw complaints from the guys who CAN use the smaller wheels! So, overall, we can probably please the most people if we stick with a more scale wheel size and let those with long grass do their own upgrades.

Again, thanks for the positive feedback. It means a lot to us!

Best Regards,

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby
Old 05-05-2008, 05:26 PM
AETCBoom4

PZ Corsair Videos:
Video of the mid air with the test bird. This goes to show how resilient and stable this plane is going to be. It took a direct mid air that sliced the wing off and was still able to land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLU0ITZyD8

Corsair flying the pattern with the other PZ warbirds.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fJZcbXWVpQ[/link]
Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 PM
divergoff

Can't wait for this plane! I've been torn between a Corsair and a New Spit. but w/ parkzone coming out with this, idk it's going to be a long, long wait, wish there was an option for stock retracts though.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Corpse_Grinder

Awww man! I was hoping they would do a Bf109E-4 or G-6! I must admit though.......that Corsair looks great, and I have birthday in July! I wonder what kinda of hints I can drop to my wife!?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 AM
toddzhere2

That was after a mid air crash with a P51. He landed it and that is what happened after it came to a stop.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:16 AM
boergoat

Hmmmm... My *wife* has a birthday coming up - maybe I could get one for her. Oh, right... she doesn't fly (neither do I from the look of my T28s - one of which is nothing but spare parts now). Looks like the Corsair is more resilient than the T28. Maybe I won't need to buy two of them.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
mad web tv scientist

David, Horizon Hobby is definitely moving in a beautiful direction! I own one of a "later generation" Parkzone Spitfire. It blew my mind that with a 1.8 ounce 1000 mAh LiPo battery it weighed in at under 20 ounces. It can climb up to "soaring altitude" at 3/4 throttle and fly for over 12 minutes with some aerobatics thrown in just for fun on a mere 7.4 volt battery.

A fraction of an ounce of carbon fiber tow material used with baking soda and thin CA glue along with some careful "dead wood" removal can create a still very light but total confidence building airframe. On top of all this is the fact that a still greater flying performance capability is available using 11.1 volt LiPos.

The 11.1 volt LiPos theoretically makes mile high and even higher density altitude flying performance even greater than what is possible at sea level using, what so far in my Spitfire career, is adequate with 7.4 volt batteries. Yes, I have ordered two (2) new 11.1 volt LiPos of different sizes just to see what they might be good for. (LOL)

Okay, by now it should be very plain that this plane has become fully "imprinted" on my psyche. So, if there is anything some of you warbird pilots out there in the wild blue yonder don't like about my Spit, please just keep it to yourself and I won't say anything negative about your birds either, regardless of how dastardly you might desecrate their appearance by my own personal glorious standards! (LOL)

Having said all that, (I hate the phrase, "having said that" - its just a waste of words!) today's mission is to put in my ORDER for new Parkzone fighters. Yes, the Zero is a must, rampaging Corsairs must be stopped in the war over the Pacific.

Hold it! We are not done yet! I have before me an April 1983 TOWER HOBBIES TOWER TALK magazine. It has the absolutely greatest looking toothy, gaping shark mouth, red spinner equipped AVG P-40 ever seen on its front page. Parkzone must make me some of these, especially If I were to loose my nerves of cold steal and go crashing crazy. Replacements would definitely be needed if such an unlikely scenario were to unfold, of course.

PEACE!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.