Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How Many of you Play with your Beaver?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How Many of you Play with your Beaver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Dead St!ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many of you Play with your Beaver?

Or rather how many of you have the GWS Beaver? I have recently purchased my first Slow Flyer and I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!!! Do any of you have the GWS Cub? or other GWS planes for that matter? If so.. How do they fly? All feedback is appreciated!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:28 AM
scott88

I have a Beaver and a Zero personally I think GWS is great. My beaver is retired at te moment for faster flying with my zero but both are very enjoyable and I can fly them right out behind my house!! But the Beaver doesn't fly well in any wind while the zero is fun with wind up to a slight breeze like 5 mph but anything more and your more into keeping the plane up then flying and having fun. Have fun playing with your Beaver... (pun intended)
Old 05-04-2003, 08:58 AM
SchoolAce

I have a slow stick, which needs the wind to be non existant. Somebody sneezing on the other side of the park will send this plane into trouble. But I have to say when the conditions are right, it is a blast! I wasn't to happy with the directions, very vague. Overall though a thumbs up!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Dead St!ck

I love the GWS planes! My wife and I had a bet this week and she lost so I am going to be the proud owner of a new GWS Zero next friday at her expense! (There is a GOD in heaven) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I love Playing with my Beaver at night at the local college parking lot! It is an area of about 5 acres of smooth paved assphalt with extremely tall light poles about every 50 yards apart and the lights are on all night! We have loads of fun when the guys all get together! If your ever in the Beaumont area and want to get together for some night flyin' Gimme a shout! Till then I'll have fun "Playin with my Beaver" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 02:51 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

I have other electrics but my GWS Slow Stick is still fun. GWS makes good airplanes and equipment such as batteries and motors as well as speed controls. I still prefer my aircraft to look like real ones as in the Beaver. Cub etc. For my money one of the best slow electrics is the Sig Rascal. Comes ARF with everything but the radio.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Dead St!ck

Hey Ball Gunner, How does the Rascal fly? Is it slow like the GWS Slow Flyer planes? I've been debating getting one but the cost is sorta out there!!!!! $$$$$ is tight in my neck of the woods and thats why I've sorta been sticking with the GWS kits. They are a lot of Bang for the Buck! I know the quality of Sig kits is awesome so if the Rascal is anything like the other Sig kits then it must be good. Thanks for the input and the reply, Till then....... Keep your wings right side up!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:57 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

GWS makes good models. Sig's Rascal is available two ways, kit and ARF. With the ARF you get motor and ESC. All you add is radio. It is a very nice looking aircraft. It flys at moderate speed but is not too slow, not too fast either. If you have a high mAh battery flight times easily exceed 10 minutes. With the ARF you have choice of colors. It is very well built and covered. Unless you are addicted to building, as I am, it's a very good deal.