Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GWS F4U Corsair

I just ordered mine today is the ARF version with the ep400 motor included.! I want to listend to your experience with this bird. and what setting are u using on !! how much capable is in the air what kinds of maneuver is able to do and what mods have you made.

also I need your help setting up mine. I have a few radio system i got a 4 ch rx/esc one unit that have an 8cell 650 mah AAA type battery pack that use to power a ep350 motor on a cessna 4ch. also I have my Futaba t6exap system with 6ch reciver. if I go with Futaba I need the ESC wich I dont have.

for the batteries I have 3 diferent kind. Hobbyzone 7cell 1000mah, Tenergy 8cell 1400mah , no brand 8cell 650mah wich one will the best for this bird also how big is the battery compartment and what weight will be the best to get the best performance !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18955.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	956672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id95278.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	956673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sx62279.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	956674  
    Sorry you need to play Tetris with my english !!
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: GWS F4U Corsair

You are not going to like any of my suggestions....

First, the good thing you have going for yourself is that the "GWS" Corsair is the RC model Warbird with the most Wing Area in the World War II RC Models and it will lift all that heavy stuff in your pictures.

I have three mustangs and one Corsair. All of which fly with Brushless and Li-POLYs.

Let me know when you are interested in making your Corsair light weight for much better performance and slow landing speeds.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: guapoman2000

You are not going to like any of my suggestions....

First, the good thing you have going for yourself is that the "GWS" Corsair is the RC model Warbird with the most Wing Area in the World War II RC Models and it will lift all that heavy stuff in your pictures.

I have three mustangs and one Corsair. All of which fly with Brushless and Li-POLYs.

Let me know when you are interested in making your Corsair light weight for much better performance and slow landing speeds.
    dont worried I do know that ! I think i will go with the 8cell 650 mah. they are not heavy as the other 2 . when I buy my helimax 450mx the guy that gave me the heli also gave me a brushless combo with ESC e-sky that I never use because in my LHS told was to small for that heli so i just put it away and got a new one bigger. i was thinking on that motor for my corsair. but since the corsair GWS arf kit came with the motor !! i first will give a try with the 650mah that weight less than stock HZ 7cell and that battery came with another GWS cessna so it have to work . the ARF version cost me only $56 so it worth burn out that motor first then move on to a better one..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18384.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	956949  
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That GWS EPS-400C is very rugged but, on the heavy side as it is a Speed 400. Try to down size the Propeller diameter and place a good pitch speed plus using 3-Cell Li-POLYs and watch it zing with zest appeal.

Carlos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My GWS Corsair was a great flyer stock, with the 350C brushed motor and NiMH's. That being said, think guapoman2000's suggestion of a on-size-smaller prop and 3-cell lipoly is good. Another suggestion is to consider two aileron servo's, one in each wing. This is much better than the stock setup with one servo and bending the torque rods per the instructions, which results in a lot of slop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is Rick's Corsair that has been crashed and repaired numerous times. This is his very first War Bird and it happens to be the Corsair and I recorded Video footage middle of last year (2007).

He installed a GWS Brushless outrunner and GWS brushless ESC to result the performance of what you will see the in following Video footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQHegcOEPiQ#GU5U2spHI_4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I second the two aileron method and don't bother with the rudder.
    Flew mine for a good 5 years with the stock 350C and 8cells of 730 mah NiMh batteries. I finally retired it last year after a less than perfect return. A great airplane![sm=thumbup.gif]
    A guy who used to live on this site and now is rarely here due to the "upgrade".
    Most likely fading away till the My Forums is fixed. Too bad.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what you mean by dont botther with the rudder ?
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't put a rudder servo in. Just bank and yank, save the weight.
    Elevator and Aileron is all you need to fly around with it. If I were to build another one it would be sans the rudder.
    A guy who used to live on this site and now is rarely here due to the "upgrade".
    Most likely fading away till the My Forums is fixed. Too bad.