Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Ho do I replace the tail on a PZ Cessna 210

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ho do I replace the tail on a PZ Cessna 210

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ho do I replace the tail on a PZ Cessna 210

Hi guys,

I have a ParkZone Cessna 210 Centurion that needs new tail feathers. The manual does not tell how to remove and reinstall the tail group. Do you cut the parts free and glue in the new or what? I do not want to screw the fuse up so I need alittle help. So what is the best way to do it?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ho do I replace the tail on a PZ Cessna 210

Sorry Sky, I meant to answer this a while ago.

OK, when you open the box you will dscover that the tail assy is in there. Here is the easiest way to do this. Cut the stickers attaching the cabin area and remove it. This is not absolutely requireid but will make the change easier. Then take your exacto and run it down the groove in the center of the fuse. Not very deep, less than a 1/16". All you are doing is cutting the glue, you do not want to cut the foam. Remove the vert stab and fin. Then very carefully remove the horizontal stab. Again try not to cut any of the foam from the fuse.

Installing is a 2 part process and if you can do it over 2 days to let the glue set you'll be better off. Glue the ele and horiz stab in place with a bit of elmers white glue and pin in place with sewing pins. You want to hold the ele/stab so that it won't try to move as elmers is runny. The next day, Assuming you don't have to reset the ele is easier. Slide the rudder/vert stab in place, matching both the keyway in the ele and under the cabin. Put some elmers in the channel and using scotch tape(purple tartan) hold it in place. Then a little glue on the ele to rudder area. Again let dry.

You can use a foam safe ca in place of elmers, but I have not had great luck with ca in this application. It tends to make the foam brittle. You could try UHU for foam but I think It might be to heavy. Elmers gel is an option as is canopy glue.

I hope this is helpful.

Tim