Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Leisure_Shoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

ORIGINAL: nagata

Thanks Carlos. Indeed, the manuever was an unwise move on my part. I had read about others having wing failure, and had intended to reinforce the wing with some good tape, but alas, neglected to do it and paid the price when I got overzealous. Live and learn, that's why I fly foam models, hahaha. The next one, along with my T-28 and Super Cub, will get some wing reinforcement.
The supercub already has great re-inforcements in the form of wing struts.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:59 PM
TobyFlies

So I'm running an Eflite Power 10 with a 40A ESC on my PKZ Corsair. I'm using the two blade prop (I think it's a 9.5x7.5) that came with the plane but interested in a bigger/faster two blader that will go nicely with my Power 10 motor. Anybody have any good recommendations?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: TobyFlies

So I'm running an Eflite Power 10 with a 40A ESC on my PKZ Corsair. I'm using the two blade prop (I think it's a 9.5x7.5) that came with the plane but interested in a bigger/faster two blader that will go nicely with my Power 10 motor. Anybody have any good recommendations?
TobyFlyies, I am in love with the great vertical performance of my F4U and the buzzing sound at full throttle as well as the swishing sounds of the APC 12X3.8 SF prop at slower speeds that is cut down to 11.5 inches.

My CALL TO GLORY http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...ORY/page3.html web site reveals the joy that only my Corsair and its prop can provide.

"OFF WE GO INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER . . ."

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Dangaras

I just saw this youtube review of the retract system on the pre-production Airfield RC 1400mm F4U Corsair.. So nice with the doors. Iwonder why there has been no release with the doors or even the door/gear assembly sold as an add-on??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=__-9O3bzzg8

Nitroplanes sells the production version but there are no retracts....

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a292-800f4u-arf-blue.html
Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 PM
wxup

Can anyone tell me if the Hitec HS-65MG servo will work with the DX6i/6100E transmitter/receiver? I tried calling Spectrum and sat on hold for 20 minutes, then gave up.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:32 PM
mazjag

Yes, thats a good servo..a upgrade over PZ units for sure..just plug it in the black or brown wire goes to the (-) port on the reciever,....
Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 AM
wxup

I need to get a battery charger. Is there somewhere I can go to get up to speed on the different types, what I need and don't need, etc. I went to Hobby King and looked at different types and couldn't figure out what the differences were. They all seemed to do the same thing. And there were a lot of terms I didn't understand. Also if anyone can recomend their favorite that might help too. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

ORIGINAL: wxup

I need to get a battery charger. Is there somewhere I can go to get up to speed on the different types, what I need and don't need, etc. I went to Hobby King and looked at different types and couldn't figure out what the differences were. They all seemed to do the same thing. And there were a lot of terms I didn't understand. Also if anyone can recomend their favorite that might help too. Thanks.
Try this link

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_84/tt.htm

Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

Li-Po WINTER STORAGE
<hr style="color: rgb(167, 167, 167); background-color: rgb(167, 167, 167);" size="1"/>
For those of us who're thinking about how to properly and safely store their precious Li-Po packs so that they will survive the inactivity of the winter months....

http://www.lipo-battery.com/LiPo-Battery-Storage
Old 12-10-2010, 04:53 PM
mazjag

Wxup, I use the Imax B6AC and it works like a champ..Its like 45.00 from Hobby King. Hobby King has some good stuff and crap. Read the reviews...Because of the high shipping make a bulk order of batteries etc.....some buddies help out here for a group purchase...
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: MAX HEADSPEED

WINTER STORAGE[/b] style=''color: rgb(167, 167, 167); background-color: rgb(167, 167, 167);'' size=''1''/> id=''post_message_16786186''> those of us who're thinking about how to properly and safely store their precious Li-Po packs so that they will survive the inactivity of the winter months....

http://www.lipo-battery.com/LiPo-Battery-Storage

Max, after re-reading your included url about battery storage I promptly reduced the voltage of all my batteries to the recommended 11.1 - 11.4 range. I then tried to find some documentation to support my idea of storage around 11.5 volts. I finally came up with the included web site that fellow Corsair pilots might find useful.

Understanding RC LiPo Batteries
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

So, unless instructed otherwise I will be adjusting the longer term storage up around the 11.4 - 11.55 to compensate for unavoidable voltage loss. My currently often used batteries will be kept in the recommended 11.1 - 11.4 volt range of the first article.

With its landing gear spaced within a fraction of an inch as wide as the Corsair's, and bent with the wheel axels 3/4 inch ahead of the wing leading edges, my latest fine tuned Messerschmitt has edged out the F4U as my best ROG landing machine over rough grass areas. The smaller diameter of the scale three bladed prop on the 109 allows it to set lower than the larger diameter high performance prop used on the F4U. I am not looking forward to ROG ground looping asphalt landing strips. Maybe the wheels "tow in" will help tame the 109 over smooth surfaces.

Weather has me grounded at the moment but soon we will be FLYING HIGH, FIGHTING, AND WINNING!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM
mad web tv scientist

[X(] VOLTMETER VARIATIONS

There is a two (2) percent variation between the voltage of the Watt's up meter and the Hobbico Digital Voltmeter Mk III. Can anyone out there please tell us which instrument is the most accurate?

Unless someone can set the record straight all voltage discussions will split the difference. For example, longer term storage battery voltage will now be kept between 11.34 and 11.54 volts. Short term storage of currently used batteries will be kept above 11 volts and below 11.6 volts.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
mad web tv scientist

CORSAIR BATTERY AND PROP TEST RESULTS

As a result of testing props, batteries, and test flying experiences to dial in the new PZ P-47, I just had to see what could be done with the venerable PZ F4U Corsair since Its last upgrade modification as stated on the thread. It turns out that it is still tuned for optimum performance for my purposes. I will get back to flying the F4U some after I get my newer fighters dialed in closer to my modeling promoting needs.

That said, what is the status of this delightful flying machine? Is it still being manufactured, etc? A lot of fun flyers have stopped posting on the thread. Please help save the bent wing bird!

Didn't get a response to my last questions about voltage differences between my modeling meters. So in addition to the 2% difference between the Watt's Up meter and my Tower Hobby volt meter, my DX7 meter reads about 2% higher than the Watt's Up meter? So what's up? Got about a four percent spread there. Hard to be really precise without precise measuring equipment. I have set up a plug system that will allow a "half discharged LiPo battery to be safely used in the TX in the event of an emergency with the standard stock battery.

After I add large gear doors it will be interesting to see if the F4U still tends to be as easy to become disoriented with as it has with me sometimes in the past. I suspect that all the flying I have done since flying it will probably bias the test in favor of the doors. What ever the truth is it should look neat with its new doors.

So, "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win' (If this motto is good enough for the Air Force its good enough for us F4U flying swabbies!)

Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

My stock powered PZ F4U Corsair (aka 'The Phoenix') awaits the start of a new flying seasson.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23307.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1562807  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: MAX HEADSPEED

My stock powered PZ F4U Corsair (aka 'The Phoenix') awaits the start of a new flying seasson.
Max, thanks for your determination and courage to save the bent wing bird! Those of us who love the F4U know what you are having to fly through in order to accomplish your missions with your immortal piece of aviation history.

We are looking forward to vicariously enjoying some of your future Corsair adventures. As you no doubt very well know, fighter pilot enthusiasts tend to get knocked out of action on the threads at a very high rate in what Sir Winston Churchill referred to as, ". . . the empires of the mind."

Therefore, please be encouraged by the Air Force motto: "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win"
(You are on the winning side of history!)

Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is not a reply....Just a STATEMENT:
I see on the news CHINA is not treating there people well now. I for one am NOT going to buy any more China made items. It is far more important to treat people right than it is to own many items a person really does not need. There are many people buying cheap...just so they can own more RC items. Most of you have enough of this stuff to fool around with for many months. Please try to only buy what you need untill the CHINA leaders steart treating ther people better. I would like a new DLE20...but I can get along without it. I am sure many of you RC fans can get along with out buying any more China made item for quite a while. Look for quality made items right here in the USA is another good idea. We need more jobs....less junk setting around collecting dust. Thie will be cut & pasted on other forums too. Capt,n
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
glenladen

Your not alone!,1st time poster on this thread but have subscribed to it for awhile.At the moment we have alot of wind and rain so flying has been curtailed for the moment,I am also converting from mode 1 to mode 2 as I fly mode 2 with my choppers.

cheers, glenn.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72440.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	1568078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79838.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	1568079  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:32 AM
mad web tv scientist

[8D]
ORIGINAL: glenladen

Your not alone!,1st time poster on this thread but have subscribed to it for awhile.At the moment we have alot of wind and rain so flying has been curtailed for the moment,I am also converting from mode 1 to mode 2 as I fly mode 2 with my choppers.

cheers, glenn.

Welcome glenn! You are like a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stuffy cockpit filled with burnt gunpowder fumes! Keep us informed of your adventures, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Keep those pictures coming.

Be sure to check six and rubber neck a lot. It's always the one you don't see that gets you.

"Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win."

Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
glenladen

Thankyou madwebtvscientist,I have been lurking around for awhile but didn't have anything to post.

cheers,
glenn.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

glenladen, love your enthusiasm! The PZ F4U Corsair is the "cover girl" on a new "Electric Flight 3-Disc Box Set" advertised in the latest issue of Model Aviation magazine, and this thread you are now a solid part of has just received an Ace five star rating.

With very rare exceptions, nothing can get excited attention better than fighters for modeling advertising purposes. The only problem we have is keeping fighter plane posters posting. Enemies are quite effective in taking out even some of the most promising pilots. It's a shame but fortunately, there is at least one totally dedicated pilot who is in for the duration come what may!

With that moniker you got there I think as your wingman you will find me flying rather further away and behind you than would be the case with other flight leaders.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads that strongly suggests their modeling advertising value - not withstanding the new mollifying intruder "Johnny come lately" misfit.

ENJOY! "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 AM
mad web tv scientist

Hey Glenn, missing your enthusiasm. Yes, I have the same problem you have had with the weather, its raining again today, grounded again. Then there is the "behind the scenes" (?) scientific revolution that is in the process of turning the world upside down as a result of it not being as easy to suppress the truth as it has been thanks to the heroic fighter pilot like mentallity that refuses to surrender even in the face of overwhelming odds.

Here are a few short bursts that should help keep the bent wing bird in the fight until ultimate victory:
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=9 and
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=1 and one last little finish off burst: http://www.whitedragonpress.com/go.p...fighterace&=11
Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys,

I purchased my beloved Park Zone F4U Corsair on September 2nd, 2008!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=246

That's a whopping 8 years and my model is still flying and most importantly satisfying to fly! It has perhaps a few hundred flights on those wings. A few years ago I switched from the STOCK PZ 480 BL motor to the Model Motors AXI-2820/10 with 1,100 Kv. With this AXI Motor the wings almost flexed to the point that the model would have crashed at the first turn. After using some strong packing tape the Wing is incredibly strong.

Fast forward to today, I acquired a few parts from the Horizon Hobby Corsair about one year ago and I have finally come around to perform a FACE LIFT to my old and tired Park Zone F4U Corsair.

Parts came from someone that had:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/HBZ8280?...FUM6gQod-3QDXg

1. Upgraded the Fixed Main Gear & Wheels set with the newer HH F4U.
2. Upgraded the Cowling from the HH F4U.
3. Replaced Left wing Aileron servo. (Had the Jitters in Neutral and didn't want to take any chances!)
3. Work Still to be done is Paint and Decals.

Okay, a few pictures!

The way I had it for a while and the AXI was just too much on this airframe!

Changed out the Main Gear & Wheels Set!

Newer Cowling!

Returned to the STOCK Power System (PZ 480 BL):

Almost Getting To my Final Corsair to look like my Larger Hangar9 F4U-1D 50-Size!

Fell in Love once more with my Park Zone F4U Corsair!

Replaced right Wing Aileron Servo (had the Jitters in Neutral) and I didn't want to take any chances. Since I had to dig in to get that Wing Servo then, I took off old packing tape from the entire Wing Assembly underneath since I went back to the STOCK Park Zone 480 Brushless motor.

Took the Canopy to Lowe's Home Improvement (Waterford Lakes) and there the nice guy at the paints matched up the paint to exact perfections!

Used the Cowling and main Gear assembly from the Horizon Hobby Corsair with Safe (model that parts came from).

Decals were my own work and perhaps not the quality of Callie Graphics but, they are Okay in my book as the model "is" 8 years old.

Okay, a few pictures!

Took out offending Aileron Wing Servo plus all the old packing tape underneath the wing and fixed a hair ling crack on the trailing edge of wing assembly!

Took the Corsair's Hatch to Lowe's Home Improvement and they matched the color perfectly and I got some spare paint plus it cost fractions compared to Model Masters paint.

Made my own decals and they turned out pretty good, perhaps not the quality as Callie Graphics but, these were FREE!

Last edited by guapoman2000; 09-11-2016 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 AM
guapoman2000

VIDEO:

https://vimeo.com/182228205

EDIT: The paint was Latex base and here's additional information:
http://m.lowes.com/pd/Valspar-Base-C...-oz/1000067119

Last edited by guapoman2000; 09-13-2016 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:09 AM
guapoman2000

Flew it on Saturday at high Noon over at Timber Creek High School Band / Flag Practice surface!

She Flew like a Dream and like New!

[IMG]
Old 09-11-2016, 04:17 AM
guapoman2000

For those wondering what kind of Current Draw and Watts using the Master Airscrew 10 X 7 X 3.

Video:
https://vimeo.com/182228205

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.