Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

E-flite Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-flite Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
paul daniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF

I have them on mine. I'm going to take them out. They work ok but its the added weight. You can take off with them but landing is nearly impossible since it noses over.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Handfist
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for your reply. I love this aircraft. It flys like a dream, and really looks cool with the retracts up. I have the Eflite 480 with a 40 amp ESC. The plane didn't hardly need any trim. This landing gear problem seems to be the norm. However, noticed that flyers have stated that they went to metal gear servos and it corrected the problem. I love the aircraft, it flys great but I don't like this getting the best of me. I will look for two metal gear servos from Hobby King, and try that out. If that doesn't work, I will also put the fixed gear on. I was told that going to a three or five blade prop will not increase performance, but it would look cool.
Taker easy and hope you enjoy your Sea Fury. Have you seen this scale Fury by Brian O'Meara? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8FqjWbygAhI. Pure class.

Handfist (Mike
email: [email protected]
Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Handfist

Sorry, here's a better link to Brian O'Mearas Scale Sea Fury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=8FqjWbygAhI
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Handfist

Howdy!

Micro Metal Gear Servos for $7.79 each at Hobby City : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=8303
I have a few Hextronics servos in other placnes are they work fine. I have ordered at lest ten times from these people and have never
been disappointed or felt ripped off. They are great

I ordered two of these servos to try to take care of my retract problem for the Sea Fury. Will let you know what happens. I am in the UK.
If I order on a Monday I usually get the package on a Thursday or Friday. It is that quick. My son lives in up state NY, and says it takes about
7-10 days to get to him from Hong Kong.

Handfist
Mike
[email protected]

Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Handfist

Paul,

Just wanted to drop you a note. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I might have fixed my retract landing gear
problem with the Fury. My right gear is the one that keeps collasping on landing. I took the plastic cover off
and looked at both landing gears. I noticed that on the left gear the adjustable arm from the strut was longer
than the one on the right side. Anyhow, I found out that the reason that gear was not locking is that the arm
was not adjusted out long enough. I messed around with adjustments, and it has seem to improve quite a bit.
I won't find out for sure until I can fly this weekend. If this works I probably will install those metal gear servos
anyhow.
However, I talked to Eflite support yesterday, and he told me that the adjustments were all in the end points and
that arm. So, if you adjust the end point and the servo buzzes, then I think it is the arm adjustment that will cure
the problem. This guy told me that the strut should lock in place, and customers shouldn't depend on the servo
to hold it in place. It should lock.
Will let you know what I find on on flying day this weekend. Hey if you want to talk about the Sea Fury, here's my
US Toll Free number: 1-877-779-0116.

Mike
Handfist
[email protected]
Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Handfist

I knolw what you mean about the quality of the foam. And, the Sea Fury is no different. It's just styrofoam. I have broke off small parts of the wing tip
just putting the thing together. However, with the Eflite 480 and 40amp ESC, and 2200mah battery it is a beautiful flyer. I think you would be happy
with it.

Mike
handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Handfist

The stick mount came loose on my Sea Fury after the second flight. Nose overs on landing in tall grass did not help. Eflite's directions to put one
screw through the top of the mount is crazy. So, I just modified mine and used the thin long bolts and nuts that I use on my Slow Stick X. It
won't come loose now, especially with lock washers.

Mike
handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Handfist

Yeah, the Sea Fury is a beautiful plane. I think it would have kicked but in the Battle of Britain.
I'm retired USAF livining in the UK. Bought the Sea Fury in Dec 08, put it together in Feb 09.
Eflite 480, 40amp ESC, 2200 mah Lipo. Flys great, just trying to fix the retracts. But, need to
fly again to see if I fixed them.
If you haven't already go to this UTube link for the best RC Sea Fury I have every seen. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=8FqjWbygAhI
Give me a call and we can compare notes on the Sea Fury 01366-727875

Mike
handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Handfist

If you have flown 4 channel planes and are efficient, there's no reason why you can't fly the Eflite Sea Fury. I think you owe it to yourself
to get one, so you can give us all some feedback. The only two problems I have seen so far are the retracts locking in, but hopefully
that is fixed now. center your servo, the adjust the arm to meet the z bend. Use endpoints to eliminate buzzing. If I have any more problems
with the retracts I will replace with metal gear servos. I bought mine from Al's Hobby's 58 pounds Sterling.

I have a Eflite 480, 40amp ESC and 2200mah Lipo. Most of the time I fly it around at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. Easy to take off and land. But because
it is a taildragger, you will have to keep your finger on the rudder in case you need right rudder to compensate for left thrust.

Mike
Handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Handfist

Get the Eflite 480 1020kv, it is great. I use a programable 40Amp ESC and use the six micro servos, no problem.

Mike
handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Handfist

If you buy the Eflite motor it will come with the mount. You just bolt it on. However, if you use the 480 1020kv, you have to cut some
off the end of the stick mount. That's so the prop won't stick out of the cowling so much. Also I recommend you drill two small holes, 1/6
inch and install two threaded bolts washers and lockwashers.

Mike
handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Handfist

Sorry about that, the mount does come with the kit

Handfist
Old 04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Handfist

Doug Jeff, I found the link to Dionysus Servo Reducer. Only $22.99 Sound it might be a good product, good reviews for the dual. But not
sure how it all hooks up. I am using channel 5 & 7 for my retracts.

Here it is: http://www.dionysusdesign.com/produc...roducts_id/172

I will probably order one.

Mike
handfist
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Handfist

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know how I am getting along with the Eflite Sea Fury Retracts. I am still using the cheap micro servos I bought from Hobby City
($3.99 each). Will install the metal gear servos when I get them later this week. But they seem to be okay now.

Anyhow, the way I set up the retracts with channel 5 on a three position switch and 7 is really inconvenient. You have to flip two switches. So, I changed
my channel 5 to a double pull switch on my Futab 9C, then mixed it with 7, and it works great. I didn't even have to adjust any end points for buzzing. They don't
buzz at all now. My next step is to install one of Dionyisus's servo reducers to slow the retracts down, to make it look better.

Hope to try everything out this weekend, or maybe even Friday.

Here's their website and it's not expensive: http://www.dionysusdesign.com/produc...roducts_id/172

Mike
handfist
Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Handfist

Hi, Just thought I would let everyone know how I got along with my Sea Fury landing gear. I flew the plane a few times on Sunday. One time landing in the grass (not a good thing to do) and several takepff's, touch & go's and landings on blacktop. The landing gear is now fixed and works great. Just waiting for my servo reducer to slow the retract servos down for a more realistic look. The gear did not collapse once. One thing I did notice though, and that's that the wheels look toed in, and that's the only way the wheels will
retract into the wheel wells. But, I can accept that!

Mike
Handfist
[email protected]
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 AM
jon_nic

Hi, has anyone coated their sea fury in a transparent coating to help protect the foam and paint.
What would be recomended that is safe to use with the foam and transparent like a dope or varnish?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Handfist

Hi Jon,

No haven't heard of anyone doing that, the covering. I've flown mine four times, and it is still together. You might toughen up
the wing tips with a little epoxy glue, just make sure it is foam safe. I think most of the epoxies are foam safe. One of my wing
tips broke off a small piece where it is the thinnest. I just left it. The paint scuffs up real easy even if you put tape on it. But,
when you look it makes it look more scale. I think I have seen a product that you can paint on like a varnish covering and it is
foam safe, but can't think of the name of the product. You might call Tower Hobbies or Hobby Lobby or your local and ask if they
have heard of it. If I find the name of it I will post it. Are you still building or have you flow the Fury?

Mike
handfist
Old 05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
t57f100

at some point in this thread someone wrote about the eflite piper pawnee just to let you guys know my first flight on her today was awesome i bought this for my wife she also love=s to fly and i bought the 15 size motor im glad i scrapped that idea and went with the 25 size it comes off the ground slow but quick it rolls out nice but getting it up in the air is like come on you can do it trimmed it out tried to go from slo to a fast rise and no matter what it is slow but while cruising around half throttle for my wife will be good.one trait with this model like some rc planes its trimmed but will what to go left on take off it may look more eye candy with this plane because of the massive wing on it.but she is a beatuy on the ground and twice as nice in the air i hope this will help someone but please dont use the 15 way way way underpowered.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
taran01

Hello everyone,

I just bought this plane.
I have the Park zone T-28 and I would like to pull everything out of it, and place it in the Hawker Sea Fury.

Has anyone here already done this, and if so how did you mount the T-28's motor in the Hawker. Pics would be awesome.

Also, If I buy a EFlight motor, can I use the T-28 25amp speed controller?
I am not using the retracts. I will only be using the same servos that I have in the T-28.

Thank you.