Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

trouble flying Hobbyzone Super Cub

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

trouble flying Hobbyzone Super Cub

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
JackBiplane1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble flying Hobbyzone Super Cub

Hi, i have just purchased a Hobbyzone Super Cub and am having some problems getting it airborne for more than 20 seconds, every time i seem to crash! Can you give me some tips and advice so that i can fly it successfully ? Thanks
Jack
Old 07-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Talent5

Default RE: trouble flying Hobbyzone Super Cub

I have had a Super Cub for sometime now and haven't had one crash.

So start with a Hand Launch into the wind. If no wind even better.
After you toss the SC, make sure you SLOWLY pull down on the elevator (you can also add some rudder).
Besure to keep at Full Throttle until you reach a desired altitude.
The Slower the movements the sweeter she'll fly for you.

Now Tips for flight :

Slow movement on the controls.
Add more Throttle in windy conditions.
Be sure your Controls are trimmed before flight (center the Rudder and Elevator)
During flight trim out again for straight flight
Be sure you charge up the battery and top it off (a warm battery works better)

You next flight should be a good one. Let me know if I can help any further.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
tb_tyler

Make sure you're not trying to climb too much, too fast. The stock SC will stall pretty quick right out of the gate.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
RedGN

ORIGINAL: JackBiplane1

Hi, i have just purchased a Hobbyzone Super Cub and am having some problems getting it airborne for more than 20 seconds, every time i seem to crash! Can you give me some tips and advice so that i can fly it successfully ? Thanks
Jack

Buy a simulator !
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
1320Fastback

Turn off ACT, better yet cut the wires to the sensors so it can never be accidentally turned on.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
ovaleye

I thought I was the only one that couldn't get it to fly...finally gave up bought a T28 and flew it the first time.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:48 AM
dwilt72

Teaching yourself to fly is difficult. Can it be done, yes. However, I finally joined a club and got an instructor. I got tired of fishing my
sc out of trees....for some reason my cub felt safe and secure in the limbs of pine trees...

Whichever road you chose be patient. The Super Cub is a great basic plane. Keep your movements slow and smooth. One of the best things about this plane and other foamies is that if you crash it, it's quick and easy to repair...not like crashing that balsa trainer...been there...done that. The main thing is to hang in there. I am convinced that 80% of flying is confidence. Once you strart having some successful flights, you will get more confidence and you will be fine.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
prowash

i own the super cub as well and have a lot of good flights with it ive done a few upgrades to it to help with where i fly the first tip i would give some one is to use clear scotch tape around the leading and trailing edges of the flight surfaces saved me a lot of problems. i fly my SC out of a very tight space with 50 foot trees around me and a fifty foot landing spot so i put tundra tires on the main gear and added a larger tailwheel and installed a four blade prop it will take off in about 4 to 5 feet and climb at about a 60 degree angle really nice flying after the upgrades. happy flying

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Congratulations on your first post here on RCU! Welcome to a great place for all things RC!
You may not have noticed, but you replied to a three year old thread, so it is not likelymany will see it. I am a big fan of theHZ Super Cub also, click on the linkI've included below for lot's more info on theHZ SC!

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4371835/tm.htm
Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Chucksolo69

OP, did you ever get your Super Cub up in the air? I have had my Super Cub about a week now and have flown her about 5 times with no problems whatsoever. She flies nice and slow if you want, but can be great fun at full throttle. I usually use a ROG take off into the wind and fly her at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle once I am at the altitude at which I want to keep her. I have to admit that I started out on a Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos, a Hobbyzone Champ AND the Real Flight 6 sim before I got my Super Cub.