Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Looking for cessna plan

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 02:52 PM
tocano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for cessna plan

I am looking for cessna plan for speed 400. I used to fly glider and I like to get into electric parkflyer with aileron that is easy to fly. Can anybody tell me where I can get such a plan? I choose cessna because I like the look of it and it has always been a trainer plan for a long time.
If I were to design my own plane like cessna what wing span should I build? I already have few battery packs of 8x600AE that I like to use.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:00 AM
Dr Kiwi

Default Cessna plan

Hi tocano

A Cessna plan seems about as elusive as a teetotaller at a Kiwi/Aussie rugby game!

However I appear to have found two possibilities for you, both available from www.newcreations-rc.com. (The owner of New Creations R/C [Texas] is Kirk Massey, and he is wonderfully helpful - you can e-mail him at: [email protected]).

Their catalog lists:
(1) A ModelAir-Tech plan for a Cessna C-145/165 Airmaster for Sp400 (7-8-cell): Plan # MATP145 (US$14)

(2) A "Pat's Custom Models Plans" (designs by Pat Tritle) for an Electric Scale Cessna Skyhawk 50.5" span, Sp400 with 2.33:1 gearbox (that's a Graupner): Plan # PCMG407 (US$16.95)

Have some Fosters Bitter for me!(the green can - not the weasel p. in the blue can that you send over here to the US).

Cheers, Phil
Old 05-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Dr Kiwi

Default More info

Finally managed to get on to the ModelAir Tech site - here are the details for the Airmaster plan.

P145
Cessna C-145/165 Airmaster (sport scale)
Wing area: 340 sq.in.
Wing span: 45.5"
Weight: 24-28 oz. (7-8 500AR cells)
Intended for Speed 400/480 power with H-100 belt drive.
Beautiful high wing radial engined aircraft from the mid 1930's.
Can be flown rudder/elevator or full house.
MSRP: Plans: $14

Have another Fosters! (actually VB and Carlton Draught are better).

Phil
Old 05-22-2003, 07:02 AM
tocano

Default Cool

Thanks for the info Phil.
I'll check the sites a bit later.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default Guillows Cessna

Just another thought - I was in my Hobby Store and saw that they had a very nice Guillows kit for a 36" span Cessna ?Skymaster. Might be a bit small for adaptation to R/C with a 400 but perhaps worth a look. You'd have to build the kit a bit lighter than it would be stock, and if the wing-loading with a 400 looks too high, it might work for a 300 or small brushless (Razor). I reckon the wing area is probably about 1.5sq.ft so you wouldn't want to have a ready-to-fly weight of more than 12-15oz [i.e. 8-10oz/sq.ft wing-loading].

Cheers, Phil
Old 05-26-2003, 01:32 AM
tocano

Default cessna

Hi Phil,

I think I am going to build another plane first (my own design).
Just to difficult to get the cessna plan. I might as well design my own plane and learn few things from it.

Thanks for your help.