Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

T-28 Trojan Nose gear holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:40 PM
gixxernoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-28 Trojan Nose gear holder

Does anyone know where I can get that "white" plastic piece which steers and holds the nose gear on the T-28? as mine broke.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
DeRated

Default RE: T-28 Trojan Nose gear holder

I don't think that part is available separately from the fuselage.

I've removed all three wheels, hand launch (just about flies out of your hand even without a toss) and belly land in the grass. Saves an ounce or so of weight and she flies faster without the drag.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 PM
gixxernoob

I've search the net and it seems that part cannot be bought separately you're right. Oh well I guess I will just have to glue it permanently. I don't know if i wanna do a hand launch just yet.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 AM
downunderdog

Maybe you could adapt this to make it work (I'm not sure if the dimensions are close or not).

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...Mount_Set_40mm

(In reviewing the post after posting it, the part that got ****'d out has to be replaced with hobbycity dot com - I'm not sure if it's against site policy to post a link to this place, but they do advertise here.)

My NLG got pushed back on my maiden flight landing, so I hand launched and belly/mlg/cowl landed a couple after that. What broke was the firewall on the nose of the fuselage, but I was able to glue it back in place (using parts of an old credit card that I trimmed up with a dremel and used as a doubler glued in place with epoxy). I did consider buying the one in the link and gluing that in place, but I think I was able to fix the original pieces well enough.

Good luck.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
downunderdog

There's also a smaller NLG steering collar at the same website that might fit better in the limited area up there.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
cjg

Depending on how it broke you may fix it. I reinforced the back of the nose wheel gear mount with a small piece of wood, and epoxied and screwed the plastic mount pieces to it. Works great. There are pix on various forums on how to do this repair.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
rusty_y2k2

ORIGINAL: cjg

Depending on how it broke you may fix it. I reinforced the back of the nose wheel gear mount with a small piece of wood, and epoxied and screwed the plastic mount pieces to it. Works great. There are pix on various forums on how to do this repair.

same, but with a piece of 2mm aluminium plate.

Had several nose heavy touch downs on the grass since then which would have pushed it through before the mod, and it stood up to the abuse great.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
gixxernoob

thanx for the replies I will check the mods!