Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Super slo-v

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Superbike1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super slo-v

As the title stated, I have completed the super slo-v. This thing is insane. I took an old slo-v that needed parts and I replaced the motor with a brushless 2212-06 direct drive brushless motor from Grayson hobby and I added a 30 amp speed control. I put two futaba micro servos on it and I used a spektrum micro reciever to control it all. I used a 1350 2s lipo battery and this thing is insane. I had no idea it would be this fun. It will loop, roll, upside down flight, funny looking 3d maneuvers(not sure if there is a name for it) and it will almost hover. It will but I am not good enough to do it. I have unlimited (except for sight) verticle with it. It will turn into a dot real fast. I also forgot to mention that I built another wing for it that is the exact shape and size as the original except that I put three carbon rods in it and an old carbon arrow as the main support. It will do at least 50mph. It looks weird going that fast but it flies great. I also used an 8x3.5 apc slowflyer prop. I have an 8x4.7 prop. Will that make it faster or slower? Anyway this thing is great. I flew 10 minutes doing touch and goes and I still had 3.78 volts on each cell. Anybody else done something like this?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
RedGN

Default RE: Super slo-v

Any pics of this super slo-v
Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 PM
HEMICUDA

Yes, Please show some pics or even some video.... don't tease. I am thinking of buying a slow -v
And would be interested in upgrades later.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Superbike1

Here are a couple of crappy photos of the wing and the main body from my cell phone. Sorry they are bad quality. Dean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81894.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1005213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50863.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1005214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57387.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1005215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70032.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1005216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw20003.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1005217  
Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
newjak

Superbike,

I did pretty much the same thing to my Slo-V. It is now much more fun to fly than before. I did have to reenforce the main wing to take the extra stress put on it by the increased power. I was having so much fun with it that I forgot to reenforce the tail. One day while doing some loops and other stuff the tail snapped and caused it to crash. I rebuilt the tail out of coroplast. Much stronger than before
Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
clovus

OH,

I thought it was gunna be a really slow flying slo-v. More power = more fun!

clovus

Edit: If you put a bigger prop on it will become easier to hover, just watch your amps so you don't cook anything!