Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Little plane causes big stir-TRUE STORY!!!

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Little plane causes big stir-TRUE STORY!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 AM
aviator24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little plane causes big stir-TRUE STORY!!!

Doubt if this post belongs here but I post a lot on this thread and read this in my local paper last night. Wanted to share it with everyone. Too Funny!!!
I live close by this spot, I gotta meet this poor guy...

Offbeat: Depth misperception Little plane causes big stir
by Bryn Mickle | The Flint Journal
Friday September 19, 2008, 5:45 PM
It sounded bad enough.

A 911 caller on Tuesday morning created quite a stir when he reported seeing a small plane spiraling out of control and disappearing behind the trees along I-75 in Vienna Township.

Within minutes, firefighters from Clio, Mt. Morris Township and Birch Run Township sped to the area expecting the worst.

Sheriff's deputies swarmed the area and a search helicopter was put on alert, said Clio Area Fire Chief Gary Domerese.

All for a remote-controlled airplane.

Turns out the distressed plane belonged to a man on Field Road who had been practicing some morning aerobatics.

The plane with its 8-foot wing span was apparently big enough to trick the caller into thinking it was the real deal.

The pilot was surprised by all the attention and will likely hold any future practice sessions with the plane at a nearby airfield, said Domerese.

Bryn Mickle is the afternoon police reporter for The Flint Journal. He also writes this weekly "Offbeat" column about the police beat. He can be reached at (810) 766-6383 or by e-mail.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Flexserve

Default RE: Little plane causes big stir-TRUE STORY!!!

8-ft.. I can kinda see why they would think that it was real. But holy cow!!! Can you imagine his face when all the emergency vehicles showed up to his site he was flying at?

Glad no one was injured except the poor plane..

I knew the vendor offered "support" but this is insane! LOL
Old 09-21-2008, 05:08 PM
aviator24

Default RE: Little plane causes big stir-TRUE STORY!!!

Thats one way to get an audience while flying...