Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How to find Flying Buddies near you.

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How to find Flying Buddies near you.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:06 AM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to find Flying Buddies near you.

Hi,Zexel I use to live in Ma. Hudson Ma. You probably can find a flying field any where in Ma. ? I go up to Ma. Now and then But right now im going through bad times with my wife she is terminaly ill. But anyways I go to sevral places when up there. My desk top picture in fact is a wooded path in the back of Hudson .The place is called Danforth falls, I took my grandson there and showed him this path that I walked when I was his age back in 1963. I will put the picture to show you it. it looks nice on my 42" plazma. I have a nice set up for my computer. A wireless key board and a 42" I just lay in bed and surf the web. But back to Mass When we were up there two summers agoI wanted to find my dads grave He was a ww2 Gunner n a B29 He's buried in Bourne Ma. at the airbase cemitary while there we caught a air show at the base. I saw for the first time a stealth fighter in flight along with a F16 That was nice. Then we stayed n Hyanis Ma. cape area. I wanted to get up there again this year. But will have to see. Below are some more pics2 is the path in Ma.1 is my ride 3 is whats out back where I live in NJ. I left Ma. back in 65 to move to this hell...lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93574.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	1199315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70739.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1199316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31005.jpg
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1199317  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 AM
NJ Georgee

One of the things that realy stoped me from joining too was there 2 meetings per month. I wuld have to pay 5 buck toll to go to it. They should make there meetings right at the field instead of going to a diner. and like alot of you Time is the denominator.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 AM
tam popo

Hiya guys, yep, I'm back from a recurring illness....flying is my therapy!!!!! Good to see some new faces and 'old' ones (Firebird, TeenageP etc).
Just a note on starting up a 'leccy'club - 6 months ago I printed leaflets advertising a club I was trying to start, then asked LHSowners to put them in their window. Some did and some had to co-erced. Two weeks later I visited the 4 shops and only had kept the leaflet on show. The reason they gave was that the nitro club wanted to stay that way and didn't want people trying alternatives!!!! The world has gone Mad, Mad I tell you.......
Old 05-18-2009, 05:40 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Tam popo,

That's not right, Everybody has a right to choose what they want to fly or drive. That really crazy.

firebird

Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
r72cnvt

Nice flying area in Spokane Valley, WA. 
Mansfield Street just off Mirabeau Parkway near the YMCA.  Turn towards the dead-end on the east half of the road.  At least 15-20 people fly there on a regular basis.  Usually 1-3 people there at any one time.  Great group, from helis to gliders to electric park flyers.  Good variety of planes to be seen.

I'm heading there now, as a matter of fact!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 PM
TowerZach

This is a really great idea, don't get me wrong.  It's just that it's gotten to be a long one now and finding a club near you gets harder and harder.  I'm all for this idea of a club post, but could we arrange it differantly... like, IDK, maybe state by state...?  IDK how to do that but I just thought I'd put it up in the air.  Thanks guys!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Hey Tam popo,

How is the weather there?  It wind and warm today. Hopefully the winds go away sometime today, so I can go fly.

Fire

Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
BobSkyFlynjunky

Hello Elephant Butte or Truth or Consequences, electric flyers. Just arrived here in EB for the Summer. Will be here for 4 or 5 months and have an E-Starter and SlowStick. Need pilots to fly with and need to know where to fly.

Bob, flying 3 mistakes high.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84683.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1205329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33805.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1205330  
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
BobSkyFlynjunky

Sorry Gang, that's in EB or TorC New Mexico.

Bob, Flying 3 mistakes high.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:50 AM
tam popo

Firebird my pal.....its warmish (61F) and windy (always)!!!! But who cares....I'm off to Turkey for 2 week on June 1 so I don't care. Forecast for Turkey - 90F, wind 5mph and clear - yum yum. Plane is in suitcase (Litestick b/less) and a Phase 3 Rookie.....an EPP 8in. indoor flyer that flys quite well. And the hotel is all inclusive - free booze, free food etc.....pity I'm an alcoholic and can't drink!!!! Thinking of you guys, byeee........
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Tam Popo,

Sounds like you are going to have alot of fun fun.  I just added a new plane to my fleet.  I got her today.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
tam popo

FirebirdMan - Tell us, tell us...you know you want to - what did you get???
Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Tam po po,

I got the Cessna.

firebird
Old 05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
NJ Georgee

Tampoopoo, Dont give up Im 10 years without a drink and dont miss it one bit. You will see if you give it a year ,you will wunder why you never stop'ed sooner. I was an alcholic for years thought I was going to die from the booze. Now I dont want it at all.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:03 AM
twoslick2

I'm a newbie .   I have a Super  Cub, and I am looking to see if there are any other park flyers  in the indy area?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:19 AM
BigTender
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys,looking for buddies near Phelan,Cal. I have a several Parkzone planes.Corsair,Typhoon2 and Stryker27c.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:54 AM
BarryReade

Hey BT, I am in Palmdale and go to Hesperia sometimes to fly with the Victor Valley club.  I go through Phelan to get there.  I would check out the VVRCF .  I am leaving this next Thurs. to go home to Georgia but could come out tomorrow morning.  PM me if you would like to get together.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 AM
jason947

Just moved to Eastern Loudoun Countyin Northern Virginia does anyone know of any sites suitable forelectric park fliers in the Ashburn/Sterling/Leesburg area? I thought Ihad a great location but was told (by park officials) that LoudounCounty Parks & Rec doesn't allow any RC planes except in BansheeReeks Park at the AMA club field. I was looking for some place closerto Ashburn that I can fly during the week, at lunch, etc.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM
NJ Georgee

Last year I bought a small piper cub and brung it to Staten Island Hobby shop and asked them to sel me all the stuf I need to power it. So he sold me a 3s lipo and motor and esc . after all the work of fitting I find the motor is under powered ,The battery is to heavy. So now it cant fly, Im sticking with nitro. This guy took 175.00 and didnt know what he was talking about. I Dont care for electric to begin with due to hi cost and low flight time. Now Im realy done wth electric.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 AM
TowerZach

Last year I bought a small piper cub and brung it to Staten Island Hobby shop and asked them to sel me all the stuf I need to power it. So he sold me a 3s lipo and motor and esc . after all the work of fitting  I find the motor is under powered ,The battery is to heavy. So now it cant fly, Im sticking with nitro. This guy took 175.00 and didnt know what he was talking about. I Dont care for electric to begin with due to hi cost and low flight time. Now Im realy done wth electric.
Let me tell you, both are great (nitro and electric).  Check this out, I get 15+ min. flights with my scratch designed and built flying wing, And it's overpowered and the batt is light!  Check this place out, it's where I get all my electric supplies and I've had no problems. http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront

PS if you use Li-Po and a brushless motor (setup right) you can hold with nitros no problem...
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
BarryReade

Sorry to hear of your bad experiance with the LHS.  I get up to 40 min flightsd on some of my electrics.  I also pylon race nitro planes and love both of them.  PM or email me if you need more info.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Tam Po Po,

How goes it? Hope all is well with you. Hope you are finding time to fly.

Firebird