Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Art Tech Corsair VS. Parkzone Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Art Tech Corsair VS. Parkzone Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
drypipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art Tech Corsair VS. Parkzone Corsair

I am thinking of purchasing either the Art Tech Corsair RXR or the Parkzone PNP Corsair? Now that both warbirds are out , does anyone have any experience with these planes and which one is the best in terms of construction and flight performance?

Plane Nuts,
Drypipe.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Art Tech Corsair VS. Parkzone Corsair

i have them both (bought the art tech one about a year ago, and the pz corsair as soon as it came out). they are both really nice planes! it would be hard for me to pick a favorite. they both assemble in just a few minutes. both fly in a very similar manner as well. i guess if i had to chose one it would be the park zone bird, it is a little more substantial (larger, more solid, etc).....plus it has a really great paint scheme (although the art tech also looks great, especially if you apply the decals). i feel you can't really go wrong with either one. maybe check out some videos on youtube.......you can compare the two that way. good luck with your decision, it's a tough one! do you have the pz t28? if you do, the ease of using the same batts for both planes might help you with your decision.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
drypipe

No, I don't have the t-28 (another consideration on the books), I do have a Kyosho Spree, a Graupner Space Walker, ALfa Sabre, Kyosho FV1000, Electrafly Synapse, l-39 and a few junk Banana hobby brushed warbirds-where the me109 just got an updated brushless. Had the Art Tech Mini Mustang last year but I had a lot of trouble when I tried to launch. The Mustang always rolled off to the left ( prop torque?) and hit the ground causing shaft and prop damage. ITried many times to correct the problem, even got rid of the gear box and can motor for a small 1300 Raiden brushless from Nitro Planes-which I was going to use in a balsa Spitfire-., but I still got she same results. I got frustrated with the mini and scraped off all the servos and electronics ending the relationship in the dumpster. I really don't know what the roll issue was with that mini, everyone has posted postiive flight results. I added a longer aileron servo arm for more throw looked at the 8 1/2" Cg etc.etc... Don't know......
Yet I am considering maybe to get another mini mustang, this time I will purchale all the spare parts from Park Flyers-fuse., wing etc. and build the plane myself at a cost of around $64.00, I'll save about $55.00 because I already have servos and spair electronics. I Went off the subject a bit.

As for the PZ T-28, I have been reading that it's foam (Z-Foam?) is more robust than the foam (Z-Foam?), on the Corsair? Is this true/ and what is the issue with the material difference?

Plane Nuts.
Drypipe.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:10 AM
cjg

Not sure, but I believe the foam on the PZ Corsair and T28 is the same. My t28 is durable and easily repaired with epoxy.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:32 AM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

i have three art tech planes right now, and really like all of them. in re-reading my first post, i realized i was going in circles a bit. so, having to chose one or the other i would go for the pz bird. both the t28 and the pz corsair are made of the same foam (i have both, they are great sister ships. the art techs are made of "bear cooler foam," not quite as strong as the pz birds but you get very clean breaks and it's easy to fix. the pz foam is a bit more spongy, so it will give a bit. it is also very easy to fix with epoxy, but you might get some crushing. that's not a big deal, but it's unsightly if you are into appearence. but, parts for the pz birds are simple to get. one thing on the art tech corsair, the batt compartment is pretty small......so you are limited to small packs. but, that thing flys forever....15 mins easy per pack. here's an idea if you like corsairs, as i do, get them both!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:05 AM
helojerry

ORIGINAL: rob737

i have three art tech planes right now, and really like all of them. in re-reading my first post, i realized i was going in circles a bit. so, having to chose one or the other i would go for the pz bird. both the t28 and the pz corsair are made of the same foam (i have both, they are great sister ships. the art techs are made of "bear cooler foam," not quite as strong as the pz birds but you get very clean breaks and it's easy to fix. the pz foam is a bit more spongy, so it will give a bit. it is also very easy to fix with epoxy, but you might get some crushing. that's not a big deal, but it's unsightly if you are into appearence. but, parts for the pz birds are simple to get. one thing on the art tech corsair, the batt compartment is pretty small......so you are limited to small packs. but, that thing flys forever....15 mins easy per pack. here's an idea if you like corsairs, as i do, get them both!
Rob,

Have you found a source of supply for parts for Art Tech? I have the Corsair. I'm a little rusty on landings, so I need to find a source of replacement props. Do you know of locally available two blades that will work with it?

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 PM
helojerry

ORIGINAL: rob737

Hey Rob,

Are you still flying the Art-Tech Corsair? I'd like to compare notes. I'm just starting out with mine.

Jerry