Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick wing brace

Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick wing brace

I have a new Slow Stick kit with the plastic wing brace-does the tape go on the brace and then glue to wing?I looked at the forum but could not find the answer and the addendum to the instructions just says glue brace to wing with no mention of the tape.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:27 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

Default RE: Slow Stick wing brace

are you taking about the flat plastic with two holes that goes on the elevater . if so i just used foam safe glue . no tape .

if its the clear brace that goes inbetween the wing haves . i didnt put it on mine missed it in the instrucsons

or if its the rods that does on the eges just use tape
Old 12-16-2008, 07:47 PM
sportygreg

It's the clear plastic wing brace.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

if i had noticed it i would have glued and taped . i also used reg clear and extra strange box tape on mine
Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 PM
sportygreg

I figured it out-double sided tape for edges and glue in the middle-seems very strong.They have made some improvements but instructions are still lacking.My Slow Stick is coming along nicely!Thanks for the response.[8D]
Old 12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That plastic wing brace sets your dihideral perfectly for you and also adds some strength between the wing halves. I didn't glue mine at all as some of the kits don't come with it. If you ever want to replace a wing it adds to the difficulty. I set mine in place and tack taped it in, then covered the entire brace with clear packing tape. I have been flying the SS for over a year and have had some doozy bumps and unplanned landings. Still going strong. Clear packing tape is yer buddy with these planes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U0gAqUfHRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJA8e...eature=channel

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Greg, did you find this page? http://www.verrill.com/rc/ss/ Annotated build instruction.

Tim
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM
sportygreg

Yes,I saw that page and copied it but the new Sticks have many improvements like the brace and fiberglass fuse and predrilled holes for the stab and motor mount.I did use dabs of epoxy for the wing rods in addition to tape and I am going to brace the main gear and use something to strengthen the tail gear.I got the yellow version with the 400 power system and it comes with the hyperdrive 10x6 prop instead of the slo fly prop.I have 6 RC boats and 4 RC cars but have not flown a plane for 15 years so I wanted something slow and easy to fly-my reaction time and eyesight aren't what they used to be!I live only 1 block from a schoolyard and not far from a park so flying space is not a problem-at least until someone chases me away!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:18 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Greg, we have the same basic slow stick. Here's my new slow stick. http://www.millenniumrc.com/Slow%20Stick%20X.html

Tim