Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Help with new Aerobird please!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Help with new Aerobird please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 03:30 AM
24andcounting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with new Aerobird please!

Hello all,

I just purchased an Aerobird and crashed it about 10 seconds later. Very upsetting. My main problem is that the fuselage (black piece) snapped right near the tail. Is there a replacement piece for this (not that I can see on the Hobby Zone website) that I can fix this with or do I have to buy an entirely new fuselage (yikes!)?

My wing also got eaten (by the prop I'm assuming) right on the spots where the the rubber bands hold down the wing. Can I simply use packing tape to fix these areas or should I buy an entirely new wing?

I'm pretty sad, I hope this thing will fly as well as it could considering it was new just minutes ago!

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 08-02-2003, 04:00 AM
crashpro2
My Feedback: (3)

My suggestion would be ,try to find a pen or similar plastic tube(assuming that it broke clean) go ahead and snap it in two pieces(make sure you disconnect your control lines) trim a little of to make it round again
try to find a tube that will fit fairly tight inside the fuse tube and epoxy it in place,make sure you keep the length of the fuse the same
CA would possibly work......the lighter the better
Old 08-03-2003, 12:25 AM
jettstarblue

Roger that. And, Yes you can fix the wing with clear packing tape.

Jetts
Old 08-03-2003, 01:01 AM
JBoss
My Feedback: (1)

Default DONT LET IT GET YOU DOWN

WELCOME TO THE SPORT.
dONT LET CRASHES GET YOU DOWN BECAUSE THERE WILL BE LOTS OF THEM. i FLY A t-hAWK WHICK IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE AEROBIRD. Yes packing tape works great for repairs. dont get a new wing until you really need to , get as much milage as you can befor replacing parts.
aS THE LASY GUY SAID TRY TO GET A TUBE TO INSERT IN THE TAIL BOOM GLUE IT IN YOU ARE BACK FLYING. MAKE SURE THE TAIL ASSEMBLY IS ALLIGNED BEFORE THE GLUE SETS.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. ALTITUDE IS YOU BEST FRIEND, TRY NOT TO BA AFREAID TO GET SOME GIVES YOU ROOM TO RECOVER.

Jim B
Old 08-03-2003, 11:33 AM
jettstarblue

Default JUST A THOUGHT

If you can't find an appropriate plastic tube, go to your LHS, and pick up some K+S aluminum tubing. You WILL find the right size for your needs in their display.

Jetts
Old 08-21-2003, 02:59 PM
FUN IN THE SUN
My Feedback: (151)

Default AEROBIRD REPAIRS

Good Morning 24&counting
You have received some good advise on repairs to your Aerobird. The question I have is why the break ? Hard landing , stall , lost perspective ? Maybe a bad hand launch ? That can put you into the ground in less than 10 sec.. A 10 sec. flight may be a record , but not one you wish to own !! As a flight instructor , I have taught many of r.c. pilots to solo . One thing you need to remember is that no matter how simple the ads & videos make it look , it can be a real challenge for some people & a snap for others . Keep in mind that all r.c. models are indeed miniature aircraft and like the real thing , you are wise to have some help from an experienced flyer . Ask around at your local hobby shops to see if there are any clubs in your area . You will find that r.c. pilots are always willing to offer an helping hand to beginners .
You can keep on with your WHAM BAM flying or with a little help & guidence , you will receive the real enjoyment of r.c. flying . Crashes happen to the best of pilots for one reason or another the more crashes & repairs , the thinner your wallet !!
I wish you many years of flying enjoyment and remember " TAKE OFFS ARE OPTIONAL , LANDINGS ARE MANDATORY " !!!! JIM