Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

odd suggestion, strange plane idea and is it possible?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

odd suggestion, strange plane idea and is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:49 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd suggestion, strange plane idea and is it possible?

ok so to start ill ask this, how many of you reading this are star wars fans, and out of those of you that are, how many have seen space balls? my questions now is this, would it be possible to build a scale replica of lonestar's wimebago into a actual flying plane? after seeing the movie again tonight, andseeing so many wild looking planes i cant help but to think how fun and odd it would be to build a flying rc version of it. the wing does eem to be a bit far back for it to create enought lift but im sure it should somehow be possible. so im asking here because the knowledge floating around in these forums always boggles my mind, thanks for any input about the likely hood of this build, and what might be needed to make her fly, chris

heres a pic of the ship, not the greatest quality but you can see how it looks. any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57008.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1097300  
Old 12-27-2008, 04:29 AM
reuben199

Default RE: odd suggestion, strange plane idea and is it possible?

Hey Chris,
You should surf the net for a photo and add it, funny movie but I can't picture the spacecraft.
-Reuben
Old 12-27-2008, 07:02 AM
downunderdog

I don't remember exactly what that thing looked like, but it can't be worse than a school bus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDuPWRiRug
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
derek2005

That ship is basically a box and many people have gotten box type aircraft to fly. It just depends on how scale you want it to look or if you just want the plane to resemble the wimebago enough that people don't have to ask what it is.

Good luck