Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

NitroPlanes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 AM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes?

Well, I have to admit, the 89.00 A10 they have at Nitroplanes has caught my eye again.

I saw it when it was offered from Banana Hobby, and I wanted it, but I heard so much bad stuff about them.

Has anyone dealt with Nitroplanes recently?

I know for a while there they were being accused of shipping returned/defective items as new, is this still going on?

I'm almost willing to take the risk, I want that plane =/.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Stuntpilot51

Default RE: NitroPlanes?

This plane has been discussed before, it won't even get off the ground powered as it is.

If you have $89.00 to throw away, by all means go for it!

Buy something from them that you can install your own powerplant on that will actually fly the plane.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
bzinfinity

ORIGINAL: Stuntpilot51

This plane has been discussed before, it won't even get off the ground powered as it is.

Buy something from them that you can install your own powerplant on that will actually fly the plane.
Are you being literal or figurative?

Do you mean that it's just underpowered or it literally WILL NOT get off the ground.

I've watched videos of it flying in stock form and its just slow - which is why I wanted it.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
sportrider_fz6

ORIGINAL: Stuntpilot51

+1 I agree with every thing stuntpilot said, the A-10 is an underpowered POS

and no it won't fly
Old 01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
bzinfinity

How about the EDF jets?

I know they reviewed the F35, but I don't really like that plane.

Are all of the EDF jets decent? Or do they suck for the most part?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Stuntpilot51

Yes, it literally won't fly. The fans just are'nt big enough.

If you saw it fly it must have had a large head wind to keep it aloft. I can't speak for the EDF jets.

Get yourself a brushless Stryker C, it will fly slow or fast which ever you desire.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
bzinfinity

I have a Stryker B.

I want a scale foamie, thats why I was looking at Nitroplanes.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: bzinfinity

I have a Stryker B.

I want a scale foamie, thats why I was looking at Nitroplanes.

bzinfinity, the Nitro Models F-15 Eagle I ordered from Raiden Tech performs beautifully for me. Having made friends with some of the FZ Cub thread modelers I have shared most of my adventures with it there.

I just checked and found that the F-15 is sold out but they do have other planes available. You might check them out.

The next url brings up some of the joy I am having with the F-15 and other fighters. I will be adding more pictures next week.
CALL TO GLORY!
http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Enjoy.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

if you want something scale with some looks to it, check out the parkzone t-28 trojan. its an excellent plane, and flies very nicely, chris
Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
RRRaptor

any Parkzone aircraft are pretty good right out of the box, RTF !!!! I personally have been flying the strykers, their very 1st Version with a brushed can motor. I currently am on my 6th stryker project over the years, lost a few to air combat situations fun times. anyhow, the new one, has carbon fiber 325 rotor blades for elevons ! they fit perfect, and were flawed from the manufacturer, so i could not use them on my heli. I just mounted a JUST GO FLY 450 brushless heli motor ....Sold the heli, had an xtra motor, the maiden flight will be this weekend hopefully. sorr about the ramblin, But my question is, does anyone know where i can get some setup/cfg info for the NITROPLANES ha 420-jet ? i have one arriving tomorrow, but it calls 4 2x550t brshles 400-500kv and 2x80amp esc's, i need to know if someone knows if someone is currently flying one?

thanks,

be safe, when flying low,fast & inverted !
Old 01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
bzinfinity

ORIGINAL: crazychris46dividedby2

if you want something scale with some looks to it, check out the parkzone t-28 trojan. its an excellent plane, and flies very nicely, chris
Have one - it carries my FlyCamOne2
Old 01-16-2009, 02:57 PM
RedGN

To answer your original question..... I have purchased 3 item from Nitroplanes withing a year and a half and they have all come in. They are not the quickest shippers but the item does arrive, and in excellent condition.

As for the warbirds..... They are all china's finest. Cheap pieces of you know what. Severly under powered and poorly made ( foam is very fragile ). They look great but i would suggest keeping well away.

hope this helps
Old 01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my F-35 from them, fast shipping and the plane looks great.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
AndyL

BZ, A friend got a Guanli A-10 for xmas. I think it's the one nitroplanes sells. While it is certainly underpowered with the stock brushed 300s and 55mm fans, I watched the maiden and it does fly. It took about 80 ft of runway, but off it went and looked very cool in the air. My friend was using a 3 cell lipo. The motors probably wont last long at 11 v, but he is ordering some $17 hxt brushless inrunners from hobby city to replace them.

For $89 I don't think it's a bad deal. The camo paint is well done.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Richie540

I build models for several of my friends. I have built 3 models from Nitro Planes. I have had trouble with all of them. From lack of CG location, damaged parts, to the grain of the wood used on an evevator running the wrong way. I have had no luck dealing with them on the phone. I can't repeat what I was told by them on the phone here. I was also informed that they don't sell replacement parts for most of the models they sell. I cannot recomend this company for anything. I am shocked they are still in business. I have to admit they wouldn't have to go very far to go to have quality models for sale. What is stopping them is beyond me. I hope that this post will prevent another modeler from wasting their money and time with a Nitro Plane Model.