Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

possible v-tail configurations?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

possible v-tail configurations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible v-tail configurations?

just wondering if anyone knew of any v-tail configurations i could use the slo-v electronics in. or if there is a way to reprogram the stock setup to work as a regular elevator and rudder? any tips, and links or even pics would be greatly appreciated, chris
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Default RE: possible v-tail configurations?

also im considering using either a bi plane or flying wing design, for materials im planning on using foam board. not sure if that helps with anything. chris
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM
jmupilot

Nothing magical about V-tails they function just as normal rudder and elevators. I have a few of them in my foamy designs both upright(Beech Bonanza) and inverted V. To get the right movement just orient the tail so one of the V's is like a normal vertical rudder. The movement is the same left rudder gives left, right gives right elevator is as normal.

You do however need a mixer either in the transmitter or the aircraft. If your not using ailerons then elevon mixing works also when hooked to the tail feathers. It just puts the rudder for turns on the same stick as the elevator/aileron instead of the throttle/rudder stick. Again no big deal .

Pete
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

i kinda get what your saying but the issue im having is trying to use the stock setup just scratch build a new plane all together, but for it to have the normal vertical and horizontal "T" tail setup. the big issue is the slo-v has 2 servos that work together for elevator and rudder, so was wondering if its possible to change it to a t tail setup? im guessing prolly not but figured asking wouldnt hurt, chris
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I'm pretty sure you can use the Slo-v electronics in a normal rudder/elevator plane. There is a jumper in the rx that has to be installed or removed to allow this. (I can't remember wether you remove it or install it)
Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

thanks hugger i was wondering about that but wasnt sure if it was for that or something else. ill have to do some research into the uses of that. again thanks, chris