Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slowest Parkflyer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 09:09 PM
joshgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowest Parkflyer?

I am about to build a BLT. Is the Tigermoth slower (in speed)?

Or the Slow Stick?

Any others?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:46 AM
e-bird

I understand the slow stick is hard to find. But maybe i will weather the storm i have 3 . CU
Old 06-03-2003, 01:20 PM
1987tc
My Feedback: (39)

Default The Tigermoth is pretty slow

I have never seen the BLT fly so I cannot compare it to the Tigermoth.
The slow stick is no problem to find. They are all over Ebay at about the normal selling price. It also flies pretty slow.
Another Plane that does fly reallly slow is the Bleriot series made by Ikurus. They will fly at a walk. I have a Bleriot3 now and it will fly slower then even the Tigermoth.
Wes
Old 06-03-2003, 11:35 PM
mullenc525

IFOs fly slo
Old 06-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Dylan C

If you want slow, you could get a piccolo helicopter, but..... its a helicopter...... so you might not want it.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:08 PM
SeenMCrash

Hello,
I built all three of those planes, the Tigermoth, the Slow Stick, and the BLT. I taught myself to fly with the blt, so its pretty easy to fly. However, the fuse is pretty weak and it broke in half quite a few times. Luckily though, the inside of the fuse is all 3/8 by 3/8, so you can just buy a stick and put it in with thin CA every time. Just the other night, my friend and I were flying together (he had a blt, I had my Slow Stick) and we had our first mid-air.
His fuse broke in half (again), and he lost some wing ribs from my prop. Mine, on the other hand, with the fiberglass LE, had no damage what-so-ever, and I could have kept flying, but I landed for safety's sake.
My tigermoth was very good, once I got the motor thrust right. I built it like it told me, and it flew fairy fast; about the same as my BLT. But the problem was, after almost every flight the prop or some part of the foam would break. And the plane had very little structural stability (but it was very stabil in the air). Then, I tweaked it so that it flew very slow, but then the fuse broke in half, and that was the end of that. I would reccomend the Slow Stick over just about any plane. I can literally fly at hafl throttle most of the flight with a 7x600 Nicd pack. My flights are about 15 minutes. At full throttle, the climb performance is actually comparable to glow performance! I can't wait to do combat! I hope your BLT build goes smooth. Make sure you remember which end has the wood block in it! I made that mistake and was delayed about a month. Good luck, Andrew
Old 06-08-2003, 02:38 PM
joshgold

Default BLT

Thanks for the info,

How fast/slow does the BLT go? Walking speed? Running speed.

Trying to be as slow as possible for self-training.

It seems pretty quick on G2. Like 20-23mph.

Any advice on training myself with it?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
SeenMCrash

The BLT goes a little faster than running speed. My friend could barely keep up with mine when I was trying to learn to fly. It was possible, however to run as fast as it. The Slow Stick's minimum speed is about a moderate jog. I have some advice too. It really only takes one or two flights to be able to fly it without crashing. From then on, you just get better and better. If you can, use velcro on the bottom of the fuse for the battery and bring more than one battery with you. That way you can get in more training time. On the first flight, don't try any stunts, AND DON'T OVERCONTROL. good luck.