Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Park Flyer suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 01:50 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Flyer suggestions?

I'm looking for a park flyer and would appreciate some suggestions.

Here's a little background:

My experience:
Intermediate
Flown glow .46 size plane with ailerons (high wing)
Performed simple aerobatics - inverted, loops, rolls, Cuban 8's
Extensive sim time - Real Flight G2 (Cap232, Extra, Ultra Sport - low wing tail draggers)

Size wanted:
Med PARK flyer
I want something that will fly in light/med wind
Definitely do NOT want an indoor flyer
I might consider a more advanced plane if I could tame it with low rates and if it flew OK at a slower speed (slow enough for a park)

Type wanted:
Intermediate aerobatics
(would like to progress to advanced later)

Build wanted:
RTF or ARF (prefer balsa not foam)

Considering:
Wattage Cap 232, Giles or Extra
(these have a 400 motor, are they too big for a park?)
Wattage Sukhoi
Stevens Aero Cap232 (If only they had an ARF)

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 04-09-2003, 03:40 PM
cwat212

My next park flyer is going to be the GWS Zero. Read the review on this website.

It is foam however.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Harvard

Default Cyber

Go to Hobby Lobby International and look at the Three Dee.

To start keep the throws down and it will be mild. You can increase the throws later and have a hot fully acrobatic plane. I would keep away of most of the foam type planes. Had a Mini Max and was a fun plane but under powered and was easy to break and difficult to repair with out adding weight in the process.

Also try Dymond Models, they have some good kits and ARF'S as well. Good luck in your search

Harvard
Old 04-09-2003, 06:21 PM
pc_pilot

GWS Zero looks like a good match for you. I have the zero and it can do all the aerobatics you listed plus it weight less than 14oz and can also fly fairly slow. This is the parkflier you are looking for.

If you decide on the zero, make sure you check the cg at the bamboo spar in the wing.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:18 PM
ExtraPilot

I have the Stevens Aero Park Cap 232 and I have to say it's the best kit I've built and flown. Flies where you point it. Can't say enough good things about this one.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Park flyers are usually foam,, the wattage extra, I dont have but I wanted to get, nothing but bad reviews too heavy no power,, the crazy max well, its no park flyer its fast and heavy for a foamie.. I have great fun with a GWS stick, but am fairly new at this, it wont hold up to too much in the way of aerobatics.. the mini max I have broke in flight from wind and went through a chain link fence, end of discussion, it was fun for a few flights... Hobby Lobby I personally would steer clear of unless you like throwing your money away.....they are always twice the price of other planes Dymond has some nice stuff, but they are foam too....just my 2 cents...Rog
Old 06-09-2003, 04:43 PM
P51-RCU

I have just bought the GWS P51 and it is just what you asked for, for a review you could go to www.wattzup.co.nz/p-51-test.htm or www.rcairport .com it is an excellent flyer and good value for money, my suggestion
dave
Old 06-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Arrow>>-->

If you want to go balsa then check out this plane:Dandy Sport You can also get the slowflyer wing if you don't want a 4 channel plane. The switchback is also a nice plane. I have the regular Dandy and it is a very nice Kit. Doug (Mountain Models) is just about to release another plane as well called the Tantrum which looks very nice.

All in all I think he has some of the nicest balsa parkflyer planes out there.