Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New to Park Fliers Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Hogpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Park Fliers Help

well I finally decided to give this park flying thing a try... It looks like to much fun!!

I am a competent glow pilot, Extras, Combat, Bipes, etc.. What I am looking for is something aerobatic to fly in my neighborhood cole desac. I am currently looking at the Northeast Sailplane Products, Accord 2. Unfortunately I know very little about electrics (but am Willing to learn). It has a 480 Motor and the ad on their web site says it is very aerobatic and can be flown in a cole desac.

Does anybody out there have any experience with this plane that can give an opinion on this?? Is this plane a good choice? Can it realistically be flown in a cole desac?

Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Old 06-13-2003, 12:47 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to Park Fliers Help

I have a crazy max with I think a 400 and there is no way you could fly it in a cul desac, I couldnt control it in the schoolyard where I fly my GWS stick,, your asking for trouble with anything more powerful than a tiger moth (gws)... unless your the only house there........Rog
Old 06-22-2003, 11:30 AM
eflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default close flyer

Hogpilot,

You might want to give the Mountain Models Dandy Sport a close look, it will fly fairly slow when powered back and the rudder is used to turn but when you punch the throttle it will move out very well and the ailerons will add to the quick response you'll get from the plane, and it is very aerobatic, they also offer two wing shapes and either or both can be ordered with the kit, it is laser cut and builds quick, I think it may be just what your looking for, I think their kits are semi-production ( more on the custom side) and high quality but the price is right in the ball park.
Good luck,

Eflyer