Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Question

Just realized I put this in the wrong forum, hopefully the mods will delete the other one since this is where I meant to post this question =/.

Well, I just got home.

Unfortunately, the Eflite SeaFury got pwnt by a 40% 4 Stroke in mid flight.

Lets just say there were some words exchanged before the flight, and despite my previously stated opinion - it turns out that a 40% airplane CAN turn your foamy SeaFury into Expanded Polystyrene Chunks.

So, I'm now the proud owner of a homeless electronics setup.

Airboss 35a BESC
Park 480
6 S75's, Two are Digital
AR6100e

The first thing that came to mind was a Mini Ultra Stick or Mini Pulse, but I am unsure of the compatibility with the Park 480. I want something that these electronics will bolt right into.

I know the Eflite Extra is a choice - and I've actually got 4 HS65's waiting to in that plane when I get around to buying it. But I already have an Extra, so I'm looking for something else.

Any ideas if the Stick/Pulse won't work?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:27 AM
downunderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor Question

You can get a parkzone T-28 Trojan bare fuselage, bare wing, tail assy, canopy, engine cowl, motor mount, and landing gear as individual spare parts for a little over $100 all added up and put one of those together... and with the extra servos you can add your own flaps. I think that the 480 will bolt right onto the stock motor mount (but I've never done it, so don't quote me.)

You could do something similar with a Hobbyzone supercub bare fuselage, bare wing, landing gear, and tail assembly, but it would require more effort figuring out the motor mount and cutting in ailerons and/or flaps.