Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone FW-190 problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
GIusedtoBe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone FW-190 problems.....

Hey guys i just got this plane because my nephew's Spitfire looked very stable and scale and I thought this would be a nice complement.

I have flown aileron planes much faster and with much more sensitive controls with no problems but here's my experience so far w/ the 190

Flight 1 Previously trimmed plane requires full down trim adjustment to maintain some semblance of level flight. Aileron control is sluggish. Motor performance is sluggish and short. Successfully landed and found out: battery charger did not come close to charging battery that was showing as "charged" Control was set on high rate and nose weight was not added. Elevator control horn was set on second hole form the outermost.

Flight 2 Adjusted trim on elevator to compensate for climb and added nose weight included in package. Plane still required 100% of elevator down trim to fly somewhat level. Battery charged on friend's PZ charger and that worked well as the plane had plenty of power. Aileron control still sluggish. Managed a nice spin and then augered it in.[:@]

Any ideas? My nephew is a novice and his plane flys like it is on rails. This thing wallows all over the sky and is very hard to control.

Does the replacement fuselage w/ electronics come with everything on the fuse but the pilot, canopy, spinner and decals? THe site does'nt say what is and is not included but the picture shows one like I describe. I don't want to order redundant stuff.

THanks,
Alan
Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
zenhorse

Default RE: Parkzone FW-190 problems.....

Sounds like your center of gravity is too far back or "tail heavy" . Nose heavy makes the plane sort of swoop down faster as well as up but it is still controllable. Tail heavy makes the plane not want to fly level and you must elevator down to keep from climbing as the plane is not getting much lift so the ailerons are not going to be as good as they should and the plane will fly washy because of lack of lift. That and it will want to nose up and roll over in even simple banking turns. Read the manual part about center of gravity step 4 also look at step 14 that will take care of power problems it you get a Lipo battery the esc can use them if you set the jumper to off or open it will give you like 40% more power and like 2-5 more mins of flight time depending on the Lipo you get.
I would get plane back in shape check the center of gravity and set the throws on the horns back to the upper or farthest away from the control surface switch the dual rate on the tx to the lower setting 70% and sort of the plane out. I have herd the Parkzone 190 is a little under powered on the stock batteries but the air frame is fine. I own a Hobbyzone Areobird Swift it has the same RX and TX the Brushed motor will crank with a Lipo. Im only running a 1350mah and 1500mahs in it and getting like 40% or more power and like about 3 more mis of fight time a 2200 would be great just might be a little heavy for the areobird though.
oh here is the manual for the 190 http://parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...al_cropped.pdf

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Sinai

Default RE: Parkzone FW-190 problems.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rgy35uWbYQ

This is a youtube video of my father-in-law landing the FW 190 and other parkzones. you see his acts sluggish too. but it looks cool. I agree that the Lipo is a good idea and i love the way the FW looks. I hope the best for you in the park-zone!!!