Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Nitro Planes EPP "Condor" Pusher jet RTF by SD Model

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Nitro Planes EPP "Condor" Pusher jet RTF by SD Model

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
drypipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Planes EPP "Condor" Pusher jet RTF by SD Model

Has anyone purchased the Nitro Planes or Raiden Tech "Condor" RTF Bobcat style pusher EPP foam brushed jet? How does it fly? Was is worth the $98.00. I think it is still out of stock at Nitro Planes and Raiden Tech, and I also think that SD Models will produce a brushless version this summer.

pLaNe nUtS,

Drypipe
Old 05-02-2009, 03:21 PM
cobrajocky

Default RE: Nitro Planes EPP "Condor" Pusher jet RTF by SD Model

First, you're nuts to buy anything from NitroPlanes (aka RaidenTech, Xheli, bananahobby, and about 20 other seudo named websites with the same phone number and street address in the City of Industry area of LA)! They ship broken, missing parts, defective, under-powered (many can't even do rolling take offs), barely fly, planes! I know, I've gotten ALL of the above from them in 5 different planes! (A-10, FW190, J3 Piper, ME109 and TWO balsa Ultimate Bipe (missing parts)). Yeah, I took too long to learn about them the hard way!

The foam planes they carry are brittle packing crate foam, which a hard landing with crack in half and snap wings. Most experienced RC'ers know to avoid NitroPlanes, et. al. like the plague .... or Swine Flu.

Take the warning seriously

Old 05-02-2009, 06:16 PM
drypipe

Default RE: Nitro Planes EPP "Condor" Pusher jet RTF by SD Model

I agree. Most importantly, Nitro Planes , Ridentech and Banana Hobby channel about 25% of their profits from China to Middle East extreemist factions and North Korea.

I learned the hard way too!

pLaNe NuTs,
Drypipe.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 PM
usmc70

Default RE: Nitro Planes EPP

Where do you guys recommend buying planes?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
drypipe

In all honesty, I would go to my Local Hobby shop. Here they can order anything you happen to see on the web. If you should have trouble with your setup or any other mechanical or electric issues, they will be happy to help fix the problem! I should know this because my LHS is Ray and Robbins Hobby Center in Falmouth Maine and all the techs there know their speciality in r/c wether it be cars helis or airplanes. everyone there has a speciality and are always very helpful. If you are willing to spend a little money at your LHS, they are always willing to share trade secrets on how to approach various r/c tech problems.
However I do go to sites like www.horizonhobby.com, Tower Hobbies and Hobby People to get an Idea of what I want to order from my LHS.
As for good electrics, look to E-Flite. For good Nitro airplanes, look to either Hangar 9, Great Planes, Top Flite, Sig, The World Models, BH Models, Or Phenox Models.

plANe nUtS,
Drypipe
Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
sheik480

ORIGINAL: websterphreaky

First, you're nuts to buy anything from NitroPlanes (aka RaidenTech, Xheli, bananahobby, and about 20 other seudo named websites with the same phone number and street address in the City of Industry area of LA)! They ship broken, missing parts, defective, under-powered (many can't even do rolling take offs), barely fly, planes! I know, I've gotten ALL of the above from them in 5 different planes! (A-10, FW190, J3 Piper, ME109 and TWO balsa Ultimate Bipe (missing parts)). Yeah, I took too long to learn about them the hard way!

The foam planes they carry are brittle packing crate foam, which a hard landing with crack in half and snap wings. Most experienced RC'ers know to avoid NitroPlanes, et. al. like the plague .... or Swine Flu.

Take the warning seriously

Sorry to sound like an @$$, but I'd normally pass 'em over after the second wrongdoing. How did you end up trying to buy 5 different planes from them?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Man, that has to be the latest reply I have ever seen. I am sure this guy is over it by now.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
drypipe

I trust my LHS and Horizon. Any problems just send back for a full refund or exchange with no RMA and no questions asked. Hobby-Lobby only has a 30 day money back gurantee and if you send in a broken motor to them for a repair, like I did, or any one of their products, for exchange without their all important RMA number, you will have to wait 6 months for a reply that will tell you that you owned the product beyond their 30 day policy. SOL.
I have owned airplanes, lipos and motors that I had purchased from Horizon and even after two years they were always willing to refund or exchange a broken product with no RMA and no questions. They do have a lifetime return policy and Hobby-Lobby can not compete with this and they do not want you to know this fact. I have noticed that HL can not compete with Horizon so they are selling some of Horizon's licenced Parkzone products and importing more of the low end Chinese junk like Fly Fly Hobby, StarMax and E-RC stuff etc..

plAnE NutS,
Drypipe.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
sheik480

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Man, that has to be the latest reply I have ever seen. I am sure this guy is over it by now.
Wow, that has got to be the quickest reply I've ever seen for a necromantic reply
Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 11:55 PM
sheik480

Honestly, I've never had such terrible luck with online 'off-brand' hobby shops. I've come to realize that people at certain locations have worse or better luck with the s+h. I had confusion with an order once, and it was quickly cleared up (thanks 'naners!). Generally, make sure it's in stock before you order. Some of the products can take months to restock and they don't tell you. Well, that's my puff.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM
crashman2

Ive had a great experience with Horizon Hobby. Turned around a bad Supercub in 8 days ,door to door. I have also received planes that were missing parts or brittle fractured at the slightest impact and on and on. I thought it was me.My latest is a cb100 from WOW HOBBY It just simply won't leave the ground. I did enough parts replacements I quit. I got a P51 D from Raiden Tech with no aleron (can't spell) linkage and it  again no help. It was supposed to be rtf.
Well I have a lot to learn ,just lost a Super Cub and now I don't know what to get or where to get it except Horizon Hobby.  But I'm hooked and new. How do the locals get better product or you just talking service?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
LarryV

I live in the Phoenix area and deal exclusively with Duncan's Hobby shop. They always back up what they sell, are knowledgeable and very friendly to the novis as well as the experienced pilot. As for manufactures I really like Horizon and E-flight products, they are well built and come with well written English language owners manuals, and back up their products.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
drypipe

My LHS is a Horizon Dealer and any issues with a product is always resolved either by them or I can always send the product back to Horizon for 100% exchange. I can not depend on having a full exchange of product with Hobby-Lobby if my Lipo battery or motor decides to crap out within six months!

DryPipe.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:53 PM
crashman2

I have learned alot from you guys esp using local hobby shops. I now go exclusively through BMI Hobbies, in PLano TX The guys ther are great. Their goal is to help you get airborne the right way. They know about Texas winds and the right plane for your'e level of experience. They deal with Horizon Hobby. Which as I said you can't beat. I ended up upgrading to the Eflite Apprentice.Even got it for 20$ less than online. I really do need to find an instructor but can't locate any club very close. You don't want to drive to downtown Dallas! Hope I don't trash her....

Crashman 2
Old 07-25-2010, 08:01 PM
drypipe

Your LHS is the best way to get involved in r/c airplanes. Ask where the owner or employees at your store fly that may be close to your home. this is what I did at my LHS here in Maine. My LHS is also a Horizon dealer and any Horizon product has 100% full warranty no matter how long you owned the product!

DryPipe.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 AM
crashman2

Good suggestion ,I will do that. Going to see him Thur....thanks Dry Pipe...never thought of that.

Crashman2
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
drypipe

Any time Crashman. I have not considered that the flat lands of Texas must be a great area to go fly r/c airplanes! I guess if you can overcome the high winds and heat you have it made down there!

DryPipe.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 AM
crashman2

Like they say everything is big in Texas.WhereI try to fly is a huge park,with several soccer fields linked and a lot of room to fly the grass. Is like as golf course.....But the unpredictable winds.Also no one is there in early morning or mid afternoon so you can crash and no one knows.The Super Cub was easy to fly but lost it in the wind . My new Apprentice ....well we will see ....it don' roll well in the grass although it is short.I'm thinking of getting larger diameter skinny wheels so I can take off in Grass. I wrecked it by trying to use parking lot ,but those curbs. Not much damage just motor mount spinner and cowl. About 15 bucks should get by tommorrow.Got to start slow with these winds, get the feel. Thanks for the note always like to discuss the subject and learn.

Crashman2
Old 07-29-2010, 01:01 AM
drypipe

Learning to fly in high winds? Go to Tower Hobbies, or your LHS, and try the new FlyZone "Sky Fly Max" by Hobbico. The Sky Fly Max is a great aileron trainer and this pusher type plane should do well during windy conditions. Also, look at Multiplex's Easy Star where you may decide to add your own ailerons. But the larger the airplane the better it will fly in the wind. Multiplex Mentor with a 65" wing span is good. If you want to go balsa I would strongly recommend a Sig Four Star 60 ARF or an E-Flite T-34 Mentor RTF.

DryPipe
Old 07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
crashman2

Hey Dry Pipe.....Came very close to buying an Easy star....but I just like to take off with wheels and land instead of handlaunch and belly skid.So I paid the extra bucks. Have you seen the specs for an Apprentice......58 in wide,15 size outrunner motor, 3200mAh Li-Po 11.1 volt,Spektu DX5e2.4 gig radio,and more. I found it very dificult to hand launcch. Maybe the Easy Star would have been a better choice with the 3 ch but this Apprentice , the first recomended by MLH and they only deal with Horizon Hobby.Although you can get anything you want stick with Horizon for service.
 the E-flite App. has a lot of wing and a lot of power for those winds that come up. but the experience, I hope to have it long enough to get some.....Take care in Maine? What is the terrain like there?

crash2
Old 07-29-2010, 01:01 PM
drypipe

Really consider that FlyZone Sky Fly Max if you feel that you are ready for an aileron trainer. This plane has ailerons and landing gear! You can always have one of the guys at your LHS make up stronger struts with bigger wheels if needed for the grass. Also, The 3ch Easy Star can very easily accept landing gear struts up in front of the canopy that will act as a tail dragger. For the Easy Star, I would use the spare aluminum struts for the E-Flite Mini Pulse sold on Horizon Hobby website. Here, you can add larger axles to accept 2-2*1/2" Du-Bro wheels! I've done this before. You will have to drill out the holes on the struts to accept the larger wheel axles. Just get help fron your LHS on the set up. Just cut out a block of Bass wood that will be large enough to cover the top of the flat portion of the struts, I can't remember what exact size, just go by eye. Now, drill two holes that are the same size, and space apart, as the two holse on the upper part of the Mini Pulse struts, then tap in two 6-32 blind nuts into theat bass wood. Epoxy or Hot glue in the ready Bass wood into a pre cut trench under the belly of the Easy Star up forward just past the battery tray. Now take the two 6-32 screws and screw in the struts into the glue in bass wood's blind nuts under the Easy Star. Now you have an Easy Star tail dragger!!! Just ad a skid plate or wheel under the tail.
OR>>>>>> go to www.airscaperc.com. They have landing gear hardware to make an Easy Star a Tail dragger for the grass! This may be the easy and fastest way to get a very nice landing gear unit on the Easy Star! Also I think the wheels are at least 2" and will go over grass with no problem. You will have a choice of two wheels Micro or Tundra, which are Dubro Heavy duty threaded. Go with the Tundra Wheels! This will be more expensive than making your own struts from the Mini Pulse struts but I think this way is better:

Purchase:

Easy Star at LHS or Tower Hobbies

From "Air Scape RC" Get:

1. Easy Gear: $34.95

2. Easy Tail wheel Kit: $5.98

3. Tundra Star Tire Kit: $9.95

They have a detailed video on their website that will show you how to install the Easy Gear, wheels and the Easy Tail wheel Kit on your Easy Star!

I am a big Horizon supporter and they have wounderful customer service! BUT, for your first go at flight, I'd invest in a three channel Easy Star. If you feel that you are ready for a plane with ailerons, either build ailerons on the Easy Star or get the FlyZone Sky Fly Max. AS you get better in flying, invest with a Horizon product. Multiplex I think has the STRONGEST foam out on the market today, stronger than the newer EPO foam and stronger than the "Z" foam that makes up your Apprentice! This Multiplex Elapor Foam is just what a newbe needs to get over that learning curve while you learn and crash as you go. IMO. There is info on the web on how to add ailerons on a 3ch Easy Star.

I fly in a gravel pit when all the workers go home. It is a very wide open area where the tree line is far back. So on the weekends, I have the place to myself. I use the large dirt road that is used by the dump trucks when they need to get gravel. Yes, my landing strip is a little rockey but I push away the big stuff. Right now I am flying a Sig Four Star 40 that I had converted to electric with an E-Flite Power 46 and the 60A ESC. Instead of the 4S 2500mAh, I now use a 4S 4000mAh lipo with about 7 min of flight time. But I should make the effort to drive the extra 15 miles and join a club but first I have to renew my AMA membership.
A local flying club is a good thing because your LHS may offer product discounts and you get to talk to other people who are involved in this hobby/sport and learn new techniques on flying, keep up on new model airplanes and get tips on how to build stuff and learn how to solve typical problems with a EP airplane!

DryPipe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23910.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1475069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41634.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1475070