Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Problem with getting started with Kyosho cessna minimun

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Problem with getting started with Kyosho cessna minimun

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM
MikaelH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with getting started with Kyosho cessna minimun

Hello i have a problem with my cessna 210 minimum. It just beeps when i connect the battery and there is no connection with the radio. Nothing happens when i move the controls etc. Have i forgot something or is my plane or radio fawlty?

I also wonder what is the mode 1 and 2 on the radio related to this model ?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
tness

Default RE: Problem with getting started with Kyosho cessna minimun

MikaelH,

Actually, mine beeped also when I connected the battery, but mine was already bound from the factor. Check in the instruction manual for binding the transmitter to the receiver. It tells you how to do this. Go through these steps and see if you get any response afterward. Make sure the airplane battery is fully charged and you have fresh batteries in the transmitter. If you do not get a response after this, you probably do have a bad transmitter or receiver. As far as the mode 1 and mode 2, I believe I read somewhere that they were on the transmitter for future use, but did not do anything for that particular plane.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
MikaelH

ok thanks, but as far as the instruction manual is consern i bought the airplane on a saleout without any manual but i guess it sounds hopeful anyway. maybe someone could be so nice to explain the steps in this forum. ?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 PM
tness

Here is a link to the Parkzone Cessna 210 Minnium manual on the Parkzone web site. They are the same plane, just marketed as ParkZone in the US. http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...anualLoRes.pdf

Hope this helps.

T-
Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Mikaelh. here is the manual http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...anualLoRes.pdf

When you switch on your radio, does the light come on and the radio beep? Mine beeps twice. Dou you have new batteries in the radio? The factory batteries are junk.

When you plug the Lipo battery into the airplane you should hear noises and the internal led should come on, if not ensure that the little lipo is charged up. Same deal with the charger batteries.

OK, All that is happening, but you have no control over the plane. Now it's time to bind it to the tx/radio. plug the battery into the airplane and wait until the light comes on inside, if you can't see the light wait about 30 seconds. Now move the left stick to the center position, push the tick into the tx, you should feel and hear a click. Holding the stick down turn the tx on, you should hear a steady tone. Leaving the stick in the center position, release the pressure, you should hear a series of beeps, mine went 20 beeps with no plane to bind to, and then a couple of fast beeps. At this point pull the stick to the bottom position. You should now be bound to that plane. Check that all your flight surfaces function prior to flying the plane. Ok, I just read the manual again, the first time in over a year[X(], it appears that when you have control you can move the right stick to the side to complete the binding process Please review the manual.

In the US the mode sw does nothing. Here is a simple test. Is your left switch on a centering spring? If yes, then your tx is able to switch from mode 1 to mode 2. All that does is switch the throttle and the flight control sticks. If your left stick does not have a centering spring you have a mode 2 only tx.

I also remember something that I did not see in the manual. I believe this tx and plane have an advanced setting. If you push the right stick down the tx light will flash, this shold indicate that you have more control surface movement. Fly around in regular mode for a while and get comfortable with the plane, then try the advanced button.

Enjoy your plane, and I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I can be of further assistance.

Tim
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

MikaelH, my plane gets faster and has better control after pushing the "advanced switch" Good luck.

Tim
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 AM
tness

Nice, the manual doesn't have that in, and I didn't see it anywhere on line either. How in the world did you find that out? That was a nice Easter Egg find!!!! I'll have to try that out on the next calm day here in York, PA.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I got one of the first ones. I could only get a couple of seconds of airtime last night. I think we discuss it in the first minium thread, I had different instructions I guess.

Tim

Ok, again in less than great conditions and with a worn out Cessna the plane seems quicker and handles better when the tx light is flashing.

Tim