Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

trojan nose repair help

Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trojan nose repair help

as expected i knew id have a bad landing sooner or later, unfortunately sooner. the elevator tweaked out on me and shot it nose first into the ground as i was doing a low and slow flyby. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can repair and reinforce the nose of the trojan, or if they know what such a repair would be on in the trojan thread? the nose broke off almost flush with the edge of the cowl. thanks guys, chris
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

Default RE: trojan nose repair help

well i managed to fix it using ca glue. still im wondering if theres a way to reinforce the nose. chris
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
RedGN

Please send some pictures!!!!!!!

What do you mean the nose broke off?

is this a parkzone trojan? If so then it is styrofoam.

If it is styrofoam i usually will glue toothpicks in the foam to reinforce the repair.

If your looking at reinforcing the front end to resist damage just in case of a crash then you can epoxy in some fibre rods or even some popsicle stick.

However the laws of physics still apply. Where there is an action there is also an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning that the next weakest point on the plane will break.

Hope this helps
Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Chris, you sure seem to be plagued with troubles on that Trojan. I too snapped the nose off, right behind the cowl on mine. All I did was foam safe glue it back in place. It's held up to fly multiple times with no failures. Like Red said, you beef up the front, it's just going to break further down next time. Sometimes the easiest fix is the best.

Make sure you check the motor mount and motor(especially if it's stock) the plastic bell can get damaged where it attaches to the shaft if it noses in too hard. Look where the two set screws are on the bell, if you see cracks leading towards the shaft, you're going to have to repair or replace the motor.

Check the mount and foam for compression from impact, or cracks in the mount. Either of which will change the motor angle, and how the plane flies.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

thanks for the advice guys and gals. and glacier there is a slight amount of foam compresion on the underside of the nose. i got it all back together but im still waiting for the weather to cear up here so i can test fly it and see what needs to be adjusted for smooth flights. but yes i have had a great deal of misfourtune with this bird since i got it. compared to my slo-v and firebird xl i have more mishaps with the trojan than any of the others but its still the most fun to fly. but as far as good flights go my firebird xl is deffinatly the most crash abuse friendly i own. it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. but nothing i fly compares to the fun of the trojan.