Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

What is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 03:53 AM
Teenage RC'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is needed?

Im only a beginner to the hobby and im wondering if after i finish my daydream 2m glider and i learn to fly on it, will i be ready to get a ZAGI 400x. They are supposed to be very durable and comes as a complete kit. Does any one else have the 400x?

If i were to get it, and i purchased some other things, would i need to get anything else?
Heres what i plan to have available:

Hitec flash 5x transmitter
2 hs-81 servoes
small 3-4 ch reciever
on/off switch
400 spd motor
ESC with BEC
8-cell 1700 mah motor battery
Charger

Any possible input, opinions, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-26-2002, 07:30 PM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Default What is needed?

Sounds like you are on the right track. You won't need an on off switch for your plane because you turn it on as soon as you plug the battery in. If you want a switch that bad. Get a Jeti 18 amp ESC as that will handle the current from the Speed 400 and they have an on/off switch.

When you get a charger, get one that will handle plenty of cells, and that has variable charge rates. Something like a Hitec #330-335, or Super Nova, or Astro Flight 110D.

--Paul

Oh, and for a rx, get a Hitec 555
Old 03-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Teenage RC'er

Default What is needed?

Thanx paul!

By the way, i am planning to use the batteries, motor and ESC/BEC that is supplied with the ZAGI 400 x because i cant afford all the best stuff! As for the charger, im looking at the really affordable "WATTAGE PF Charger" cuz it can do 4-12 cells, 250 -2000 mah, AC or DC ability, NIMH or NICAD, peaking, autoshut off, trickling, and peak detecion. Its only $50.00 !

You RC'ers out there would agree it would work for the zagi and its spd 400 motor..right? :thumbup:

Another question... Although the motor uses an 8-cell pack, do i need a 3 or 4-cell pack for the reciever? Also, is 2 servoes all i need, or is a third used for throttle?
Old 03-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Yucholian
My Feedback: (7)

Default No

No you don't need a receiver pack. Those ESC's should have BEC feature that eliminates the need for one.