Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

ORIGINAL: motor12

That looks cool and provides more for the 109 to skid on when belly landing. I also like the split ailerons. I think i may buy the fuselage kit and put some up graded parts, i miss my 109. If i make it a belly lander I am not putting flaps in this time they seem to get caught in the grass.
motor, thanks for your inspirational post. It's a real pleasure to be able to share fun ideas.

Even reinforced "fangs" hanging down (the little red wire insulation covered music wire) that can just be seen on the bottom front edges of the nose scoop) tend to develop stress cracks around them after a while with those belly landings that look more like "crash landings" than "smooth belly landings" that can be enjoyed by most other fighters. The scoop takes a lot of punishment, but it can be entertaining to see that three bladed prop slowly turning as the ship slides sideways due to the less than perfect "skid system" (?).

Yes, the fake 20 mm wing mounted cannons make smooth landings very practical. The use of carbon fiber tow material that can be found on the web really makes such a skid system practical, not to mention the peace of mind that can be enjoyed when it is used on weak areas on the airframe.

The neat thing about split ailerons is that drag can so easily be adjusted for personal taste. Since I enjoy flying mostly the lighter, slower planes in demonstration for possible new modeling enthusiasts it's easier to look like I know what I am doing on landings when they all land comfortably consistently.

It's obvious now that you an unstoppable Messerschmitt fighter pilot! Are we fighting a good war, or what?

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=lol.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 PM
motor12

At our unofficial flying field today two guys showed up with four PZ BF109s and they were set up to fly combat.They had a small electronic device glued to the belly of the plane with a button on the radio that allowed them to fly behind the other plane and shoot it down, sort of. if they got a hit on the other plane it would shut down the motor for 5 seconds. I had not seen this before, but it sure was cool.The 109s were not stock, larger motor.It looked like a real dog fight. Also they could program to the radio how long to shut down the motor of the victim, as many seconds as wanted with out having to land.It was fun to see the 109s doing what they were truly made for.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:53 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

It appears that they've adapted a Sonic Combat Module to operate with their systems. HH sells it for use in the Super Cub as well as a few of their other 2 channel and 3 channel offerings with the included stock 27MHz tx had a button to activate the device. It would cut-out the shooter's motor momentarily as the button was pushed but the victim plane's motor would cut-out for a few seconds but the control surfaces would still function.
It would be interesting to find out exactly how they did it though. It sounds like a blast!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM
mad web tv scientist

COMBAT! Way back when I was chronologically far less challenged the excitement of air combat was so irresistible that I used to provide not only my own airplane but my enemy's as well. I finally cooled on that practice after causing one to many midair collisions. Way to go with the combat 109s.

The .25 powered E-Flite Messerschmitt is now fine tuned for practice/demo/pure pleasure flying. Split aileron flutter provided some cause for concern recently. It turned out that an aileron pushrod that had been used to replace one with a broken clevis had too small of a diameter and the sloppy connections allowed the aileron to flutter. After correcting the situation with larger diameter wire with my preferred "V" adjustment in the wire system, and "Z" bends on the ends instead of fragile little plastic clevises everything worked perfectly.

Just to be sure, the originally perfectly balanced stock prop on a "magnetic balancer" was checked and it was found to be slightly out of balance as was the repaired spinner. Once these components were perfectly balanced the vibration that only manifested itself after installing the higher revving .25 was eliminated.

The wing mounted cannon camouflaged skids are working perfectly - no more stress cracks around the front air scoop fangs after lots of landings. Practice flying is now being done with the smaller, lighter, inherently stronger fighters. The 109s are now being saved for "special occasion sorties" a lot like the PZ Spitfire and Corsair that are always kept ready to scramble at a moments notice.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
mad web tv scientist

FINAL FLAP REPORT - HOT WEATHER TIP

Three (3) Park Flyer fighters are now "Backyard rated." Inspired by the ease of landing the new Wildcat close in, the Messerschmitt and the GUNFIGHTER as well as the F4F have proven their capability to land in a "small" space within walking distance of home. Actually my landing gear equipped F4U successfully performed a real take off, fly around, and landing once there about two years ago. I crashed the stock 51 twice there since then, but now with fine tuned split flaps taming otherwise tricky landing speed I am now confident that the small "sort'a back yard size" landing field is mine to enjoy.

Hot weather brought out some weaknesses that have now been corrected. Both "flaperons" bent down toward the wing tips in 90 degree F plus hot sunshine. The fix was to mechanically bend the flaperons up a little past straight and glue carbon fiber tow strips along the top trailing edges of the flaperons. Because the wing mounted "20mm cannons" camouflaged skids are now utilized full time (they really look neat in the air and make smooth landings a breeze) I cut the 1/16 inch sheet balsa split ailerons off the aileron section back to the control horns. The "cannons" very effectively protect the now wider opening "split flap" system full time.

Got a lot more to share about the adjustable 109 split flap system but better break off the attack for now.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=lol.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

THE NEWLY REDESIGNED Bf109 15BL MOTOR IS OUT!!!!!!!

Well folks, I finally got my motor from HH late this afternoon.
The other motor crapped out 86 days ago. They've had the junk motor since the 1st of last month.
They obviously redesigned this puppy that's for sure. Metal rotor, vastly improved higher quality plastic molded rotor cap without a trace of any cracks on it's shinny smooth surface. Very nicely done indeed. I'm impressed.
So if it works as good as it looks then I think our worries are over and that will be the end of the stock 109 motor woes and I'll be tickled pink...uh...ummm...hey, don't get any ideas there. It's only a figure of speech so just cool you jets there cowboy.
Any way I just wanted to get that little bit of news out.
Maybe this motor is a harbinger of a future model which will utilize it in order for HH to recoup the expenses they've incurred due to the fiasco involving the first production run of those crappy motors.
Hey, live and learn.
OOO I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY PUT IT IN NEXT.
Maybe a SPITTY? One can only hope.

It's strange how things turn out.
Prior to the surprise arrival of my new motor I was busily making my B1-Rd more glamorous.
Today I applied a coating of poly-acrylic to the exterior surface of my 109. I also glassed the underside of the canopy/battery cover to give it a little more rigidity because of it being so long, it just seemed like it was too easy to break during normal use.
It's nice and solid now and the surface is sealed very nicely.
All that and a new motor to boot and it ain't even my birthday. We're all really smilin' large for now.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
mad web tv scientist

MAX, great report! I'm looking forward to a rigorous performance report that will vindicate your initial enthusiasm. I will definitely be in the market for one to use on the "two bladed prop version" of the 109 assuming, of course, the new motor performs up to expectations. In the meantime I will be buying a back up E-Flite 25 for the killer stock prop equipped 109 that I am thoroughly addicted to right now.

As of tomorrow the 109s will be available for training new modeling enthusiasts as described on the Wildcat thread virtually every time multiple fighters from my armada are scrambled for CAP and/or fighter sweep missions.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

I changed out the motor in my 109 this morning with the new re-designed stock motor.
These are the STATIC TEST results using my Astro Flight Super Watt Meter & Fluke DVOM.

Propeller: Stock (10.6x7.8x3 3blade PKZ4901)
Starting Battery Voltage: 12.64v 11.1v 2200mAh 3S 20C (Flight Max)

WOT: 26.52A @ 300W (initial) / 26.0A @ 290W (settled)

5/8-3/4 Throttle : 18.5A @200W /15.8 @187W

END(5min test)

Battery: 11.34v (3.76v/cell) w/approx 800mAh remaining.

15.31Wh

1.388Ah
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

MAX, inspired by your test, I used a new big 6.75 ounce 2250 mAh 30C 3 cell Lipo "peak charged" at around 12.4 volts with a good condition stock 109 motor swinging an APC SF 12X6 inch prop and was astonished to see around 28 amps at full throttle. With a stock 1800 mAh battery this combination draws around 22 amps, and the stock three blade prop draws around 20 amps.

It would be helpful to know what the new replacement motor can do with a stock 109 battery just for comparison purposes. Of course, what it can do in the air is the real bottom line test we are anticipating.

The big 30C battery churns out around 36 amps at full throttle when powering its E-Flite .25 motor on the belly landing 109 with the stock PZ 109 three bladed prop.
This version of the 109 is still so neat that it remains on a little table next to the recliner in my living room for special attention. It will fly the very next time there is a scramble. Its new batteries aren't even broken in yet.

ORIGINAL: MAX HEADSPEED

I changed out the motor in my 109 this morning with the new re-designed stock motor.
These are the STATIC TEST results using my Astro Flight Super Watt Meter & Fluke DVOM.

Propeller: Stock (10.6x7.8x3 3blade PKZ4901)
Starting Battery Voltage: 12.64v 11.1v 2200mAh 3S 20C (Flight Max)

WOT: 26.52A @ 300W (initial) / 26.0A @ 290W (settled)

5/8-3/4 Throttle : 18.5A @200W /15.8 @187W

END(5min test)

Battery: 11.34v (3.76v/cell) w/approx 800mAh remaining.

15.31Wh

1.388Ah
FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM
mad web tv scientist

TODAY'S FLIGHT REPORT

Turbulent variable winds around 15 MPH provided some interesting experiences today. The funniest one has to be when I was testing stall characteristics at around 200 feet altitude by lowering the throttle and applying up elevator while flying directly into the wind. The two pound 109 just sat in more or less the same spot with zero throttle and full up elevator for a weird amount of time - couldn't get it to stall. Finally realized it was in a rather strong updraft. Eventually, nice stalling characteristics were observed. The big 109 was noticeably steadier and more confidence building than the GUNFIGHTER was under the prevailing conditions.

Holding the 109 left handed just in front of the wing and with my right thumb on the joy stick, the .25 E-Flite powered ship was launched at full throttle and almost immediately it was moving straight up into the wind which required some down elevator to keep it in front of me.

After flying the now standard dead stick dive bombing attack from maximum controllable altitude, most of the rest of the flight maneuvers were flown at lower throttle settings in order to follow the battery "break-in suggestions." I will try to follow the same procedure for a "few" more flights and hope the batteries will perform as advertised.

Using a combination of a stop watch and the transmitter's timer, it is possible to get really close to the half charge 11.5 volts after a flight which is useful for storage purposes.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:17 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get ready I've got a top secret "Galland field modification and designation" project to be unvieled shortly...for now, thats all you get.....let me see what you come up with...let me say that it will start its life off as a stock replacement frame....

double secret secret lol

I think I'll call it Frankinhun for now lol

more details to come.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
mad web tv scientist

glazier, field modification, you've done it again! The really neat thing about our RTF technology is that like real fighter pilots our purpose is to fly and fight, not to spend endless hours building, etc.

I have been thinking about the above thought for some time now but your post forced me to finally use the "field modification" terminology. Good going.

So, you have created technology that either includes realistic sounds and/or flashing machine gun and/or cannon fire. You may have also added a locator beacon for your lost ordnance, and, of course, mounted a camera inside the cockpit that can be remotely manipulated to check six.

So, now that we know that the jig is up I am rolling in to attack. Say your prayers!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
glazier808

Well some of it is correct lol.....it will have nav lights...

I'll give you another hint....

it is an F model....(no bulges)...
it will have air retracts...
has a full span 1/4" carbon fiber mainspar w/alum center section...
light balsa leading edge...
light ply trailing edges...
fully sheeted in 1/64ths ply....
glassed in super light cloth...
all control surfaces remade in balsa...

we'll see what we weigh at that time...

more to come

Casey

Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM
glazier808

I've been cut'n and hack'n, I see the vision in my head....I'll post some pics later tonight of progress....

as you can see it had 20mm internal wing cannons like the E model.

an this will be the scheme, as I am doing the same on my 80" Fliteskin ME 109F I'm doing for the Nationals...

heres a link

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9505495/tm.htm

Casey
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91452.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1505025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75365.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1505026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71464.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1505027  
Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mad, my son got a pz me109 at the neat fair. we performed an engine ectomy right from the get go, installing a turnagy 3548-900. the first few flights were on a 3 cell. he has 30 flights on the pz f4f and was amazed at the way the me fly’s so much better (just don't have the right word for the difference, because the both are great but the me 109 is a throw bread). on flight four we used a 4 cell and he was hooked! it fly’s three cellish at 40% throttle, but when advanced to full tilt it gets down to business!.

i think he has found the plane that will move his f-18 from the most favorite spot.

i brought mine to show him how to land it. but that did not work out. 2 minutes in to the first flight of the day the rx went to its next life. the plane in a shallow dive at a third throttle and never veered from that line. damage was minimal prop (150 flights on that prop), spinner, and the fuse broke in half at the wing bolt, and some crumpled foam on the top of the fuse. its all back together, now for the filling and repainting.

pic's tomorrow

Joe
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 AM
mad web tv scientist

Joe, great to see you and your son enjoying our favorite fighters. Sorry about your 109. What could have caused your receiver to conk out on you. That's scary.

How does your big motor compare with an E-Flite .25? Sounds like it is a whole lot more powerful. I am thinking about a back up for the very nice running .25. I could be persuaded to try your little mill but I would need a little more information.

Casey, I will keep trying to bring up your pictures. I will eventually succeed if history is any guide. Problem is my hacker(s) are causing me all manner of trouble at the moment. They seem to get really excited when I advertise our fighter threads on Facebook in a culturally relevant way. I keep hacking my hackers off by continuing to annoy them with truth that they are evidently assigned to suppress or at least slow down. Progress is inevitable but the rate is uncertain.

So, FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM
paladin

Mad, after further review. I like to put the peaces in a bag and deal with it when I’ve had some time to mull it over. I had been munkeying with the settings before the flight. I have more experience with the JR style menus now but the me109 is on the old sylus, my orange rx for it has been in customs for a month. The jr screens automatically go back to the status screen when I turn the tx off then on. I just learned, realized, the stylus does not. When I was flying I assumed I was on the status screen and when I was happy with the trim I started the clock. But the stylus has come on to the last screen I had up. The “MODULATION†screen, so when I turned the clock on I actually changed the modulation. The rest we know.

My me109 is back in one peace and paint patched, but my sons just points up its age. His is nice and new and crisp, mine is old (150 flights) and has white showing through all over.

The motor is a Turnagy SK3548-900 770watt motor turning a pz me109 prop..i’m using a hobby king 70/80 speed control (son is using a plush 60amp) neither gets warm, motor stays cool also. The rhino 2150 is warm after full tilt flight (5 minute flight, 6.5minutes to dead stick) , at half T the bat is cool (7 minute flight, 8 to dead stick thow I’ve never gone there).its a great combo motor under 20 bucks, plush 60 about 30 bucks. The pz 109 motor mount fits two of the motor screw holes and all of my flights are on those two screws.

This motor required pushing the drive shaft to the other side and that keeps a lot of people away from it. but it’s a peace of cake.

My sons plane we changed the white one to a red 4 so we could do some formation flying. Here are some pic’s

Joe

Name:	db85276.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	1505448   Click image for larger version

Name:	yt61849.jpg
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	1505449   Click image for larger version

Name:	xc78187.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	1505450   Click image for larger version

Name:	nh11785.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1505451   Click image for larger version

Name:	iu11556.jpg
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	1505452   Click image for larger version

Name:	yp93944.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1505453   Click image for larger version

Name:	zb58823.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	1505454   Click image for larger version

Name:	cb94284.jpg
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1505455  

Click image for larger version

Name:	gf68106.jpg
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	1505456   Click image for larger version

Name:	wi50936.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	1505457   Click image for larger version

Name:	io66730.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	1505458   Click image for larger version

Name:	ny96700.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	1505459  
Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
mad web tv scientist

Casey & Joe, thanks for sharing your inspirational adventures and pictures.

The green camo finish version PZ 109 seen on this thread is not only very impressive but would seem best for good visual purposes when flown over and through brown back grounds. I like the brown camo especially for evergreen areas like our somewhat "rainforest" backgrounds here in the Northwest.

Many of our overcast "flyable days" tend to make any color irrelevant, and disorientation can be a real problem, sometimes even at fairly close range. So, my suggestion is to go with what ever finish is the most appealing. In my case, I am emotionally imprinted on the PZ 109 but can understand the appeal of the Fritz and various camo finishes. I may be forced to paint my exhaust stacks "rust brown" though after enjoying all those pictures.

Those secret 109 parts are surely going to be a super detailed cockpit complete with opening cockpit, full accurate looking instruments and a Nazi uniform equipped pilot with working hands on stick and throttle. Thought you could fool us didn't Ya.

As I predicted, everything except Facebook seems to be working well on the threads finally now that preparations for a new mission that will require periods of communication black out are almost complete.

Regardless of any enemy action, FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:47 PM
paladin

Mad, J and I were flying our PZ Me 109’s in formation after the Chenango Bridge Warbird Rally this Saturday while there were some giant scales still in the air. When we reverse chandelle to the runway I head for low and close to the zero line, and he takes high (5-10ft above me) and down the center of the runway. As we approached center stage we realized there was a giant P-51D directly in front of us and we were closing fast. J and I talked about the correct way to handle the Stang, we were to close for a break, traffic behind us ruled out a break. So we chose to pass him, I was already low enough to pass him without changing my path. But j had to climb to keep blue between the planes then dive in front of him to form back up. We passed him with considerable speed delta, so it was quick. After reforming up we continued to the end of the runway then throttled back to tighten up our break and continue our formation flying.

When we passed the P-51D we heard comments like. What were those? Then are those electric? Those are huge (I assume because of the large speed delta)?

After, the sky was flooded with electric war birds. While we were quizzed at length if those were stock, then what changes we had made.

Later we flew with two ducted fan’s (EDF’s) and we were the same speed as them. But we had to slow for turns to keep the stress on our wings down so we could not stay with them in formation.

Between Me 109 flights we flew the PZ F4F (J, Chris, and I) and had two corsairs form up with us and made several circuits of the field with them. Unfortunately I was flying so no pic’s.

Our Me 109 landing count so far is:
Vestal fire practice field entry road ( fresh gravel, nice and smooth) 4 landings no nose overs.
Zaverton airport (grass) 7 landings 3 nose overs.
Chenango bridge Airport 6 landings 5 nose overs. It was just really rough!

Joe … out
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Saburo Sakai

Question: Will she have straight wing tips like the real 'Hundert Neun? If so, what do you anticipate for flight characteristic changes? I'm intrigued as to why ParkZonewent with the wing tips they did and it must be an obvious call, as per cost or stability, one or the other. If a flat tip just brings the bird down.......
Shoot, I'm still in training and love my Ember 2 and am learning to love my micro Mustang, but blatant infractions from authenticity like rounded wing tips on a 109 beg the question. So, I humbly submit it. Vergeben Sie mir!

Wir mussen mit Gott fliegen, oder toten sein! (we must fly with Godor we die!)You will get no more Hun-speak from me, Lord bless the King's English.

Edited note: saw modeler's diagram schematic of F model with rounded wing tips. Is that accurate? If so, I do stand corrected as I never knew the 109 acquired rounded wing tips. Missed it! Entschuldigen!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
callsignMERLIN

Ahh finally finished all 15 pages.. i must be nuts..

First I am happy that I didn't quit before page 14, glazier you are a lucky man and quite the modeler. I'm looking forward to my daughter being old enough to fly or at least accompany me to the field.

Mad, you are mad!

The 109 was my introduction back into flying after a 2 year hiatus and i couldnt be happier. I will just add that I quickly found out how easy these are to repair after an attack by a SAM Missle "light pole" on my second mission. The pole ripped off one of my landing gear and popped the canopy but i couldnt eject, I tried to make it to the only grass area along the parking lot where we flying and in the panic i cut the throttle and was prepared to watch her plumit as I was only 15ft off the ground. Wouldn't you believe it landed on the edge of a rock drainage area 10ft in diameter cracking the nose cone, barely cracking the cow and broke the fusalage in half. Couldnt believe the motor was still good. The foamthat stops the battery from sliding all the way forward also ripped, which reminds me I need to glue that back down its only pinned at the moment.Some clear packing tape a few wooden skewers and we were back in business. Have proceeded to fly over a dozen more flights and have had zero mishaps. i have kept the landing gear on because I think it looks cooler and dont ever have a problem on smooth landings. I did buy the two blade spinner but think i will stay with the 3 blade.

I have a House of balsa ME-109 1/12 half complete that I was going to put an OS .10 in but nowhave no doubt bout what to put in it... E-flite power 10 or 15.. I think this belly landing rocket ship will be way better suited for an electric power plant..

Name:	Om34442.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1511607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu63901.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1511608  
Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
paladin

Call sign I’ll be interested to see how well that works for you. Flew mine P-51D, & messy on .15 FP’s, FW on .20 FP. They all were hit or miss with a hand launch. Their weight was between 31-35oz.

Keep us posted

Joe
Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
mad web tv scientist

MERLIN, thank you for your post! Given the neat stuff and fun flyers posting on this thread I suspect it could easily garner a
"five star rating" in the not too distant future. So, WELCOME, and keep those reports coming.

I'm on a special mission at the moment and time is of essence. Will have more to report after returning to base.

So, . . . FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

P.S. I can't figure out why this computer can't fix the above "problem."
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Saburo Sakai

Apologies to you veteran 109ers on my earlier error of wing tip evolution with the Messerschmitt. Yes, the F and G models indeed incorporated rounded wing tips. And according to a questionable source (the random Wikipedia) Hartmann indeed piloted a G model off the Eastern Front to great success.
I've read General Galland's book, The First and The Last , but wondered if there's a GOOD book on Molders (a devout Christian, believe it or not, and his faith in Christ, against the Fuhrer, I believe did stifle promotions for him, because Galland specifically mentioned this), Hartmann or other Luftwaffe pilots?  Molders, particularly, must be an excellent story.
Preemptive thanks!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

Well, I've got 13 flights on my Messerschmitt with that 2nd generation stock motor that I finally got in late August and it's still running as smooth as glass.
It's a blast tangling up with a couple of  my buddies' 'Stangs jockeying for position high in the blue sky.
It's equally impressive when we've got two 109s chasing down a lone P51. It gets a little crazy at times though but hey, that's what makes it exciting!
Now if we can only find a competent videographer......

You're invited to read all about me and my TRIALS & TRIBULATIONS, and pleasures, since acquiring the Park Zone Bf109 at the following link....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=88596

Here's an interesting link about Luftwaffe pilots ....
http://www.luftwaffe.cz/index.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.