Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

SALVATION OF MESSERSCHMITTS

The PZ Messerschmitt that made its debut at my commanding base headquarters yesterday demonstrated deadly flaws; the like of which may very well have been responsible for the lethal catastrophic loss of our irreplaceable comrades resulting in the end of 109 fighter production.

Ailerons were badly warped down at the tips. Coupled with the barely stable recommended CG location, tip stall caused crashes were surely a foregone conclusion.

The fix - mechanically carefully bend the ailerons using both hands to gradually squeeze and bend the ailerons until they are straight. In 95 degrees F conditions last summer ailerons on my 109 bent down as a result of the heat, and after straightening them, a strip of carbon fiber tow material was CA glued on the back top areas of the ailerons for a perfect fix. A little touch up paint and she has been good to go under any flyable conditions. My new 109 will be fixed right before it ever flies.

Wings on the newest 109 were also bent down so as to have a "gull shape." Using sponge rubber to protect the paint on the wing tips, and small pieces of foam plastic to protect the trailing edges of the wingtips from the pressure of rubber bands holding wire hooks to which a string is attacked, it is very practical to tighten the string by winding a rod near the middle on the string. By locating the string on the trailing edges of the wing tips and doing a little bending of the tips, it is possible to get a little more "anti-stall washout" that can be very useful for the fighter's health near the ground.

My new 109 wing is now ready for the application of CF on the bottom of the wing with about half of a 12K strand of CF applied with CA glue and baking soda in a strip from tip to tip. Trim paint is then used to make everything look right. Not only do my wings keep their shape, I have never broken a carbon fiber reinforced wing, period!

After carving most of the "dead wood" out of the fuselage, installing twin elevator servos, a Voltage Protector, and reinforcing vulnerable areas of the rest of the plane, the stock motor will be tested to see if the plane can be pulled straight up. If the motor tests out good it will be removed and saved as a back up for my landing gear/flap equipped PZ 109. Being incurably addicted to power my beautiful new 109 will be equipped with an E-Flite .25 and flown only when my pristine condition GUNFIGHTER is flown.

So, if nothing manages to sneak in on my six I will FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 PM
mad web tv scientist

NEWEST MESSERSCHMITT

It has taken some time but my newest PZ 109 has turned out great. I over reacted with the pristine ideas discussed earlier. Turns out that my first two 109s are pretty much sort of in the pristine category having never really crashed - just a few rather hard landings. The new ship will fill a nice niche I hadn't thought of till I began preparing it for flight. Although all three machines can back each other up, it's neat to not have to re-rig for different applications.

First of all the stock motor that came with the plane works beautifully. Equipped with landing gear adjusted for maximum practical width and forward of the wing leading edge, 25-30C 3 cell batteries at 23-25 amps easily pulled the airplane straight up. The stock battery was capable of almost pulling the 32.5 ounce (without battery) plane straight up. So, the new stock motor should serve nicely as a back-up for the slightly modified flap/landing gear equipped ship that flies nicely with stock motors and a non-scale looking 12X6 APC SF prop.

Realizing that the new 109 would be powered by an E-flite .25 it became obvious that the presence of landing gear would not be a problem for the kind of aerobatics performance with the stock prop I must have, so, the latest 109 will normally be equipped with landing gear. Spare fake wing mounted cannons with skids will always be brought along in case ROG conditions aren't pleasant.

All three machines will be treated with some favoritism since the 109 is a discontinued product, but not near as much as the pristine condition GUNFIGHTER. With its easier to see under poor visual conditions
"air superiority metal finish" the up coming P-47 could end up flying as much as everything else combined.

At the moment, a 109 for all seasons is helping to cope with the loss of production Bf-109G Messerschmitts. Threats to the fatherland should be easily handled by my now formidable Messerschmitt air force.

FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:16 PM
mad web tv scientist

SUCCESSFUL ROG MAIDEN

After three successful flights today with a new P-47 it was nice to enjoy my new PZ 109 taking off, flying special performance checking maneuvers and landing without flipping over on a rather rough landing area.

The Messerschmitt was literally easier to see with its wheels hanging down than the "air superiority metal" finished P-47 in the gray overcast sky. It had a strange stalling characteristic I've never noticed before. Throttling back, pulling back on the stick until stall occurred, the plane would spin one way straight down and then the other when I tried to recover. I can't figure out why this was happening. I always recovered in plenty of time but this phenomena needs to be understood if possible. It added to the stress that caused noticeably weak knees at the end of the day.

Even with its big .25 motor, generating over half a horsepower, the landing gear is generating a lot of noticeable drag over the almost same weight "Bf-109F modified" PZ Messerschmitt with its low drag "20mm wing mounted cannon/skids.

My 109s will only fly for pure pleasure in the future - little or no stress practice sessions. Fighters that are still in production will do the heavy lifting

The new ship is my best ROG landing plane.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: paladin

Mad, this is where i got it.

rc groups
Dave Eichstedt
PNP will be discontinued in the US, not Europe. Of course parts support will continue-we wouldn't keep the BNF and discontinue parts. Even when a product is discontinued, we generally provide parts support for a couple of years after the main item is gone.

Joe
with sadness

ps chris g at our club has a hyperion Me109e with a turnagy sk3548-1100 on 4s 3000 that realy handles sweet. no lg of coarse.

Joe, we may have misunderstood Dave's message. Please notice in his message above that he did not say that BNF was being discontinued. I would send a message to Dave myself to find out for sure what the situation is with the PZ Bf-109G but I have evidently been blocked off from communicating with him. I never got a response from him about another matter.

Could you try to get a clarification on the 109s for your fellow Messerschmitt comrades? The Fatherland needs you now more than ever.

Emergency action is needed!

Over and out!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mad, i've posted and written dave with no comment on if the airfraim kit is going to be available in usa, with no answer. i think the plethura of me109's on the market now are our answers.

Joe
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: paladin

Mad, i've posted and written dave with no comment on if the airfraim kit is going to be available in usa, with no answer. i think the plethura of me109's on the market now are our answers.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I am now tentatively behaving like our Messerschmitt thread is very alive and well in spite of the very strange actions of RCU. At some point in the future I hope we will be able to look back at these days and be able to appreciate the momentous behind the scenes actions involving modeling that will be shown to have had an undeniable force for good for mankind.

As already expressed the PZ 109 is an absolutely fabulous Science/History enrichment attention getting teaching aid.
I hope it will continue to be available in at least a BNF form and allowed to do its part in the inevitable conquest of good over evil.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
mad web tv scientist

ACHTUNG!

Now that the Messerschmitt thread has evidently survived an untimely demise, let us now thoroughly enjoy our inspirational, provocative, menacingly fearsome, irresistibly scale looking historic highly aerobatic planes.

What about this plausible cause for the stalling behavior discussed about the maiden flight of my latest 109 - the main gear axels are located 3/4 inch ahead of the wing's leading edge. The splayed out and "toed in" wheels are bent outward as far as practical. All of this provides undesirable aerodynamic forces that are the main cause of the strange phenomena.

One other possibility - ailerons (flaperons) are adjusted for significantly more up deflection angles than down deflection angles for the purpose of minimizing tip stalling.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Casey, how is your big Messerschmitt coming along? I made some new unanswered suggestions about it some time ago but it's like your machine has just dropped off the radar. Should we organize a search party. The Fatherland needs you.

Hope we can hear about more 109 adventures/success stories and/or helpful experiences that can lead to future accomplished missions. We must have more pilots.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
mad web tv scientist

MESSERSCHMITT BEATS THUNDERBOLT

With the wind chill producing intolerably cold bare fingers, the new .25 powered landing gear equipped 109 has become the weapon of choice for missions in cold weather operations.

It turns out that gloves are needed to prevent unacceptable suffering on some of those marginally flyable must fly days. Because of the only comfortable way at this point in history for me to hand launch the Thunderbolt using my bare left hand, it has now become necessary to ground the P-47 and employ the services of the 109 that easily allows the comfortable pleasure of gloved hands during critical flight operations.

The faster ROG landing speed of the "flapless" Messerschmitt also makes it more effective for employment during turbulent windy weather flying. The significantly slower landing speed of my modified full flaps equipped 109 is really great in mild weather, but in turbulent windy weather it can be a terrifying experience.

There simply must be more than one lone 109 prowling the war torn skies over the Fatherland. So, let's get more of those SitReps (Situation Reports) turned in lest the course of the war be hindered by negative morale factors.

Rolling in to attack, over and out.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] OVERWHELMING UNCONDITIONAL UNDENIABLE VICTORY!

Thank you comrades! Perhaps not nearly as inspirational and earth shaking as Winston Churchill's commendation of the Battle of Britain's fighter pilots when he said: "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few," nevertheless; if there is any doubt about our Messerschmitt and other exciting fighter thread's influence in our present world, just click on the next URL and please notice the ratings. Yes, as any fool can plainly see the 109 enjoys an Ace star rating right along with other immortalized fighters. AIRCRAFT MODELING HAS ARRIVED AS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH!

Advertisers know what approach to modeling makes money and MONEY is the key to victory. We can still expect some sporadic vicious attacks by diehards but they will fail because the truth is now out and progress is inevitable and unstoppable!

Fascist tyranny is on its way out. So, don't be afraid to enjoy and share your fighter experiences. The good guys are winning, so, let us all share in the joy of Modeling's victory.

Please click:
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm

Now more than ever, 'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win.'

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 PM
mad web tv scientist

[] PRISTINE 109 BITES DUST

Okay, the wind was very bad today but since I have a Hurricane on the way it seemed appropriate to get in a little ROG practice with my newest 109 before that dandy piece of flying art Aviation History arrives. After all, being a really hot fighter Ace what could possibly go wrong?

All that great hand launching experience I've been getting, even under some of the most marginal of conditions succeeded wonderfully in creating a great false sense of security. My spectator/new modeling prospect confirmed that the Messerschmitt rolled inverted to the right on take off. I remember applying right rudder while throttling up to counter torque. Evidently, I applied way too much rudder and succeeded in a rudder roll. If only full down elevator would have been applied while the ship was inverted and at high throttle, a humiliating nerve shattering experience might have been avoided.

Fortunately, damage was limited to the vertical stabilizer and rudder which was easily repaired.

No more unintended inverted landings!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads.

ENJOY! "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

My stock powered PZ Bf109G awaits the start of a new flying season, sporting a new, brighter look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47362.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1562775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96433.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1562776  
Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
mad web tv scientist

Max, your pictures are always appreciated. That's snow in the background, isn't it. Yes, I'm a bit of a wimp any more when it comes to weather - definitely more of a "fair weather flyer" than a real all weather capable heroic fighter pilot.

However, may I hasten to admit that the inordinate excitement of my upcoming Hurricane could just blow away all sensible precautions, regardless of frozen fingers, sprinkling rain drops and other sundry terrors that have been known to cause us and/or those who know us to question our sanity!

Okay, where were we? Ah yes, Messerschmitts. I'll bet you will get some obvious attention with that paint scheme -
definitely intimidating. A WWII documentary featuring a Spitfire pilot who fought 109's confessed how professional they looked and how inferior he felt. History is amazing, we actually won in spite of such terrifying enemies.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads that strongly suggests their modeling advertising value - not withstanding the new mollifying intruder "Johnny come lately" misfit.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Saburo Sakai

I like the yellow-nosed beast!
Here are some weapons she's carried in herdays of wrath:

http://www.inert-ord.net/luft02h/index.html

As a rifleman, just seeing the actual cartridges explains a lot on their performance. Look at the projectile/cartridge proportions! On the targets, the most-used German rounds drop a lot more than the American and British cannon, and especially the good old .50 cal., our 1/2"round, which is ballistically superior to almost anythingdown range.That German 15 mm round looks really solid, though.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Sakai, your courage to continue to fly through the heaviest concentrations of flack and fighters is inspirational. Yes, it takes a very strong set of values to keep on keeping on in the face of such seemingly overwhelming odds! Providence is with you, my friend!

So far my study of aircraft weaponry seems to substantiate your conclusions. Ma duce really is a fabulous air weapon. Of the two Migs shot down by a tail gun Charlie during Nam, it was that four mile range behind the B-52 that blew my mind, what a gun! Of course there were four (4) of them in the tail and, as I recall, they were radar controlled. Four miles is still a very long distance to reach out and touch a little Mig.

Ah yes, the Messerschmitt - I was minding my own business last Saturday rather smug about the fact that the new ship now seemed virtually perfectly tuned for all the performance capability I would ever need when it happened! Gliding in perfectly for yet another successful landing something didn't look right! What? Where is the canopy/battery cover!? I never saw anything fall from the plane! This is really serious!

To make a long story short, or at least shorter than it could be, even after over an hour of searching - My wife even helped - it was gone with the wind!

My new hatch couldn't be made to snap shut. Something seemed to be pushing it open. After a few hours of intense effort it was discovered that the magnet in the hatch was upside down, blush - hey, I never claimed to be all that swift.

I installed an extra hatch system and after test flights the obvious problem was that negative "Gs" were allowing the battery to force the battery against the hatch which was found to be partially up against the new restraint holding the hatch on. I added a wire hooks and rubber band restraint system like I already have in the other two Messerschmitts. One 109 and one GUNFIGHTER are grounded now until they also are "field modified" with the same new restraint system mentioned above.

Minimizing "toe in" stopped the strange rolling phenomena discussed earlier. I really like the way this baby lands.

You got me all excited about a possible killer size Mosquito. Actually, until I found out it was a nice little tame Mosquito I felt fear because with the Hurricane coming there was just no way a big "termites dream" could be made to fit in the budget. I'm looking forward to my very own wooden wonder some time in the future.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads that strongly suggests their modeling advertising value - not withstanding the new mollifying intruder "Johnny come lately" misfit.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Saburo Sakai

Mad with Inverted Magnets Web TV Scientist

Seriously, could inverted magnets be causing your internet kerfuffles? I'm a genius fixer!

We lost so many B-52s over Vietnam-do you know how many? Like B-29's over Korea to MiGs, too.
Lord, bless their spirits, in their devotion to dangerous duty unheralded.
Two thumbs up on Robin Olds' Fighter Pilot by the way. Good read. Good man!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 PM
keepclicking

The parkzone me 109 is my favorite among the electric warbirds I have but I really like that yellow nose that Max has.

Jerry Jones
http://rccontrolled.net
Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 AM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't checked this thread in a long time and haven't flown my Bf in an even longer time, maybe two years! I see Mad is still at it, and the Japanese Ace as well, you guys crack me up.
I tried to sell the Bf-109 after it's second horrible crash when it spun off the top of a loop, and once I stopped the rotation and pulled ever so slightly, it secondary stalled, spun the other way and went straight in. It sat like that for a long time (busted prop, cowl, motor clicky, fuse in three pieces, wing in three pieces) and then I glued it back together, with about 90 bucks in replacement parts (motor, spinner, prop, cowling), and it spent the summer on the "For Sale" trail at every meet and electric field outing. No Takers. So, I figured what the heck... I can lick this thing.

Bf Problems;

Aft CG making the whole experience iffy.
Unreliable batteries, PZ's were OK but a Common Sense had a bad cell, discovered after a bad crash.
Cheap little Spektrum 5 channel didn't have enough good stuff for trimming out the nasty's.

Rectification;

Loaded lead into the nose until it balanced at @ 25% with the 1800 and the 2100 batts.
Have a good charger and a good cell checker and added a bit of knowledge about timing the flights.
Pulled the Spektrum stuff and installed an Airtronics 5 channel rx and smoothed it all out with my SD-10G with dual rates, exponential, and dial positioned flaps.

I worked over all of the controls so the alignment was as good as I could get (warps galore), measured all of the main surfaces to check for square, and aligned the landing gear so that it's straight and symetrical. (I still may buy a new hoizontal, one elevator is still not straight after much manipulation.)

Now I'll be able to try it again without the built-in disasters of foam deformation, aft cg and radio limitations. It should be a much more enjoyable experience. I don't know when I'll get a chance to fly her again, but when I do I'll post the results.

Chris...

Old 04-06-2011, 05:04 PM
mad web tv scientist

Comrades, thought I got shot down or went AWOL, didn't ya. Actually it was of vital importance to get some R&R to become somewhat friendly with my new PC that sort'a works for me now. Changed some passwords and if I don't offend the curser controlling (you wouldn't believe how frustrating it is to try to control an unruly curser) atheist web gods too much it looks like we might be able to actually use the PC for lotsa fun stuff.

Leutnant keepclicking, welcome to the Gruppen. I like MAX's cockpit upgrade and will eventually fix up my 109s to look like his. Be looking forward to your and MAX's flight performance reports and maybe the reaction to those lethal yellow noses.

Oberst stuntflyr, great to have you back. You surprised me. I didn't realize you were there sitting right on my six - very bad situational awareness. I do hope the "almost ready to fly" PZ 109 will always be around for us die hard 109G Messerschmitt fans. With a "109G for all seasons" (three differently configured 109s) I'll surely be around until the last 109 drops out of the sky that I hope will be a while from now. Wouldn't it be something if we were able to enjoy some real Germans flying Messerschmitts before the Fatherland is over run, which could be sooner rather than later depending upon the whims of the Dictator.

Generalfeldmarschall Sakai, you must wait for my SitRep until further notice.

Over and out.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up four and five star rated Ace Fighter threads that suggests their modeling advertising power.

madwebtvscientist [sum=lol.gif] [sum=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, finally getting some confidence in my new PC. There is little doubt now that the obsolete web tv systems are far outclassed by contemporary PC technology. I don't expect near as much trouble with the web now.

I hope you were entertained by my insolence to the highest ranking officer in the German Air Force in my last post. Germany has a very special appeal to me. I was stationed there in the mid '60s and engaged in some fun air combat like what is described in Model Aviation magazine (HANDY WEB PAGE FINDER typed into a search engine brings up a list of web pages under consideration).

It was German synthetic oil technology and its inspiration for modern lubericating oils that got me experimenting and discovering why small engines actually run well with such a high percentage of oil mixed in the fuel. When a friend showed me an engine that ran well on 90-95% water mixed with gasoline, I was hooked on the excitement of discovering and sharing other "forbiden knowlege."

To say the very least it was shocking to find out just how closed minded and politically correct so many people are about demonstrable reality. You may have noticed how hard I tend to come down on willful ignorance on the first page of my MAD WEB TV SCIENTIST PAGE (also available on HANDY WEB PAGE FINDER). I must learn to be more patient, after all, everything is cumbustible, maybe sooner than later.

Anyway, things began to really heat up back in '85 when my airplane was published in Model Aviation magazine the very same month my experiments with model engines that were used to describe the principles involved in suppressed auto high fuel millage systems were exposed in Model Builder magazine. The competition News Letter I wrote for brought out some irreverent thoughts about "Big Oil from whom all blessings flow" also was published that same month. Two weeks after the News Letter was published the price of oil dropped from $30 to $10 per barrel and stayed low for well over a year. I remember how funny it was to read about how much money Americans owed the oil industry because of such low prices a year or so after the big drop in oil prices.

So, maybe you can now see at least a possible casual relationship between me and the closed minded establishment that just might want to discredit/discourage me from continuing to make waves.

If memory serves me correctly, a little over a dozen B-52s were shot down by Sams. Three B-29s were shot down by Migs but one B-29 became a Mig killing Ace according to an article I read.

Yes, I need to get a copy of "Fighter Pilot."

I really hate the "Spell Checker" on this PC.

(Please see last post for sig and, if you dare, check out TABOO PHYSICS http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=9 .)

Here is a technology that is already widespread, so why haven't we been informed by our great (?) media?
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...hterace&pid=20

Here is another really fascinating new technology: IGNITION SECRETS - http://www.whitedragonpress.com/go.p...hterace&pid=11
Old 05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
alvincfi

Here are a couple of pics of my newly completed PZ Bf 109. I have an Eflite Power 15, and CC thunderbird 54 ESC. Yet to test fly. I'll post more pics soon.

Name:	Bz77325.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1603492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61238.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1603493  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
mad web tv scientist

alvincfi, welcome to the defenders of the Fatherland! Your art work is pure inspiration. Can't help but look forward to more pictures.

Have you checked the current your motor is drawing with that three bladed prop. I really like the .15 size motor on my PZ Thunderbolt and with a 40 Amp ESC at 30-40 Amps the .15 generates as much thrust with an APC E 12X8 as my .25s generate turning the 109's stock three bladed prop - great flying planes.

Hope you enjoy a lot of fun Messerschmitt adventures and help keep our thread going. The 109 is just too neat to be allowed to fade away.

(Check my last post for sig location and exciting ads.)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
alvincfi

Ok here are some pre-maiden flight pics. She actually flew quite well even with a fairly brisk wind. I flew with the 3 blade, but am going to try some 2 bladed props as well.
Overall a fun project.

Name:	Hf99338.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1604870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38382.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1604871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48370.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1604872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88794.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1604873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37411.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1604874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja41015.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1604875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pr23925.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1604876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk36687.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1604877  

Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
ror

ORIGINAL: 11Hotel

Well, the Master Airscrew I tried was smaller than the original prop for the plane, and the noise and vibration did not occur (I think due to the smaller MAS 3 blade). But, I am still not getting the power and performance out of my 109. I bought a new original prop and the vibration at full throttle and noise came back. I am at a loss.

The prop shaft is straight, the engine appears to be mounted securely (front and back), the spinner and backplate are fine. I'm wondering if the weighted nut is somehow off balance?
Check the motor mount screws. I had 2 screws loose with bad vibration at full throtle.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
ror

how best to repair/strengthen a crack in the wing. It has not broken but the foam is cracked.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

ORIGINAL: ror

how best to repair/strengthen a crack in the wing. It has not broken but the foam is cracked.
You can either use Foam-Safe CA with a shot of kicker , or some 2 part 5 minute epoxy, and then hold it in place for a minute or so.

I've used the epoxy with great success.
Just open the crack a bit and apply the epoxy with a tooth-pick making sure it gets into the joint. you can then wipe away the excess that squeezes out before it dries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.