Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Doug, my web tv won't do youtube. Please tell me what I missed, thanks.
That's wrong ! Well, maybe the library with headphones on (or not !).
It's a perfectly restored 109G with a German military test pilot at the controls doing 400 mph low speed passes, split-esses,slow rolls,loops, etc.
It has...and this is the best part..the Diamler-Benz supercharged engine, not that Spanish p.o.s.. With that supercharger kicking in and whistling, the throttle wide open with it's 12 inch long open headers....your hair willl want to stand up, your palms will get sweaty, your heartbeat accerated. You will be aroused.
I promise. Doug
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
FREEBIRD

Will that motor drop in with the stock mount? I have the same issue, even the slightest ding on that propsahft will bend the can on the Parkzone motor, they also have plastic endbells that crack after several flights, the supplied motor in this plane is a weal link, plus it is kinda slow.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:28 AM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Doug, thanks, when I am able to get a real computer to work for me I will definitely make sure to click on your url.

To clear blocking codes, etc., I am able to do things with my current web tv system that would burn up modules, etc., in a real computer. So, until I am able to be considered a little more mainstream I am condemned to plod along with my current system.

I am able to play the next url Messerschmitt sounds for now.
Me109 sound
http://home.monet.no/~oddbass/me109main.html

Thanks again.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 AM
mad web tv scientist

FREEBIRD, your discussion makes me glad that I bought a spare shaft just in case. For my realistic scale like flying purposes the stock power of the 109 seems to be more than adequate.

With virtually perfectly balanced props, spinners, and prop nuts, along with super lube applied to the bearings I am hoping the motors on my Messerschmitt gaggle will prove to be very long lasting. I will report any equipment failures that, at the moment anyway, I feel will surely be very rare.

OFF WE GO INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER (I hope)

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
FREEBIRD

I caught mine before it failed in flight, I inspected that plastic end bell and noticed the cracks, they are very slight, but are present. If you turn down a slight bit on the grub screws (as if you were tightening it) you can see them open up. A few prop strikes on the ground I'm sure will also crack that end bell, there's not even a metal bushing in it. Keep an eye on those motors, if it cracks and pieces get ingested, the esc will be fried as well. I've read a few folks have been epoxying them with some success.[8D]
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 AM
mad web tv scientist

A perfect flying weather day just got away today. A PM concerning the use of carbon fiber among other things caused the day to be lost.

Carbon fiber tow material can be very useful in providing extra structural insurance for many of those unplanned accidents. I found several different sources on the web where CF can be mail ordered. Hobby shops want you to buy their CF stuff that work okay, but I like my carbon fiber raw.

It turns out that I was a little too general about effective reinforcement procedures discussed recently.

Today, I added a 3.5 inch section of approximately 1/2 of a 12,000 strand tow material along with Baking Soda for both thin CA activation and filler around the wing "radiator" flap areas where some 109 wings have snapped off. This is in addition to the same thickness CF reinforcement strand glued from "Black Cross to Black Cross" just ahead of the center of gravity on the bottom side of the wing. The gray paint I added covers it up on the page 7 picture on my web site. The next url brings up a picture of a Spitfire wing that shows an abundant amount of carbon fiber reinforcement on the weakest area of the foam wing: CALL TO GLORY!
http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...ORY/index.html

Well I hope all this is as clear as mud as my high school English teacher used to say. If it isn't, stay waxed on my tail (a "Yeagerism") and I will try harder to make things clearer.

I hope to have a Hun in the sun tomorrow.

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doug47

Doug, my web tv won't do youtube. Please tell me what I missed, thanks.
That's wrong ! Well, maybe the library with headphones on (or not !).
It's a perfectly restored 109G with a German military test pilot at the controls doing 400 mph low speed passes, split-esses,slow rolls,loops, etc.
It has...and this is the best part..the Diamler-Benz supercharged engine, not that Spanish p.o.s.. With that supercharger kicking in and whistling, the throttle wide open with it's 12 inch long open headers....your hair willl want to stand up, your palms will get sweaty, your heartbeat accerated. You will be aroused.
I promise. Doug

I don't know anyone alive in the US to actually see a Hispano Suiza V-12 powered HA1109 fly, but I do know that the Hispano HA1112 airplanes operating in the US are powered by Rolls Royce Merlin 500 series engines. Generally not refered to as a POS.

The Benz is about 2000 ci, the Merlin is 1650 ci. Interestingly it produces about the same power as a Merlin.

Chris...
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Doug47

I don't know anyone alive in the US to actually see a Hispano Suiza V-12 powered HA1109 fly, but I do know that the Hispano HA1112 airplanes operating in the US are powered by Rolls Royce Merlin 500 series engines. Generally not refered to as a POS
Uhhh.....
What's that all about ?
I don't give a third of a fifth about any geeky efforts to impress all with knowledge about obscure and inane data.
What I'm talking about is the license built 109's built for the Battle of Britain movie. Ever see it ? Didn't the 109's look a little different to you ?
Though a lot better than T-6's or something the lines of the aircraft were ruined. Did you know that the pilots who flew it said it was a ...hold on...p.o.s. ? Guys that had flown some genuine 109's. Did you know the engine even turned the opposite direction on those 109's ? Are we to p.o.s. yet ?
Also your knowledge is sorely lacking if you speak negatively about horsepower ratings between the Benz and the Merlin. Who was speaking of that ? Nobody but you.
They were and are both great engines, but if you truly knew a thing about either you'd know this :
-That the Benz would go twice as long as the Merlin between overhauls. TWICE.
-That master A&P mechanics rebuilding WW2 beauties in the UK are blown away by just how tight and precise the tolerances are, the quality of the mating surfaces, the overal machining, the precision of the balancing of both all the variants of the Benz and the BMW from the FW-190. Both far more impressive than a Merlin.
All this precision and craftsmanship is awesome, but what Germany really needed was more numbers in lots of their equipment and the added time and expense cost them, just like it did in Armor.
So don't give me the high school Ford vs. Chevy BS, PLEASE.
If you don't appreciate hearing something that finely crafted and that rare run at it's potential it's your loss.
Now go get busy on that Master Scale HA-1112. Even a p.o.s. needs love. Doug
Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch!

lol

Casey

Old 11-26-2009, 07:30 PM
FREEBIRD

Have you guys tried the aggrezive snap with this thing up high? reason I say do it up high is because after you do it it looks like it's been shot with a SAM missile, and the recovery is quite a challenge to your piloting skills, but quite fun. I've had a lot of nitro warbirds and racers and the like, and never seen a plane get this upset, kinda similar to a "gone wrong" flat spin.[&:]
Old 11-26-2009, 08:20 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] FREE, yes, but my CG is deliberately too far forward in order to enjoy the stability I must have in order to maintain some resemblance of emotional sanity. None of my machines will do that - so far.

FLASH! Modeling and modeler's appointment with destiny as instruments of invaluable science enrichment education has just taken a potentially quantum leap forward with the recent earth shattering explosion in the "scientific world" of "Climategate (please see first urls below).

But first may I report on what may be the final ultimate landing gear adjustment that has worked perfectly on the last five (5) take off and landing events with the 109.
These planes are so neat and the stress induced joy is so great that I found it necessary to unwind by flying my GUNFIGHTER.

The picture at the bottom of page six on our CALL TO GLORY web site has the gear adjusted with noticeable "toe in," it has similar to stock splayed out wheel angles, 10.2 inches between wheel tread centers, 9.75 inches from runway to the center of the 30 mm cannon bore center line while sitting in the three point stance, and the struts are bent back such that with the fuselage level, the centers of the wheel axels are directly below the leading edge of the wing as viewed from directly above.

I had to run the tests to be sure. I had made only two (2) take off and landing flights before the above mentioned picture was made. Lower center of gravity, wider wheel track, tow in, and wheels located further back seems to be the answer for better 109 ground handling over stock performance.

Yesterday's audience remarked, "here comes the top gun." I reminded them that I was the "Hun in the sun" at the moment with my dandy fearsome killer Fascist fighter. It was one of those wonderful "teachable moments" to talk about "real NAZIS, Swastikas, etc., and similar condescendingly arrogant antisocial, narcissistic cult mentality in the world today that is the real enemy that must be defeated - what fun!

While circling down wind and passing close to the sun my eyes played a disorientation trick on me. I knew the ship was banked toward me and flying just above stall speed. My eyes told me that the plane was banked away but instead of believing my lying eyes I believed my brain (what little there is) and sure enough I banked away safely rather than steering it into the ground as I was urged to do by what I thought I was seeing. Sun in the face disorientation has resulted in an embarrassing number of crashes for me in the past.

Slowly but surely I seem to be getting there, if only I can just stop getting so excited I think my progress with flying skills will make better progress.

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ?Anthropogenic Global Warming?? ? Telegraph Blogs
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

Senator to demand probe of global-warming 'fraud'
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=117017

REJOICE!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-26-2009, 09:43 PM
FREEBIRD

I hear you on the orientation of this bird, that gray scheme makes it sometimes look like a black cross in the sky, or a mirror image on top and bottom, especially in winter overcast skys. I have gotten used to flying heli's, in which sometimes you are flying the black silhoutte of boom and pod, but this plane is tricky when inverted. or banking coming at yourself.[8D]
Old 11-26-2009, 11:34 PM
glazier808

My green scheme seems to show well here in the northern California vallley. Mountains and grey skys at the moment. To tell you the truth, thats why I repainted the scheme. lol...

could'nt see the damn thing lol...

Casey
Old 11-26-2009, 11:46 PM
glazier808

Hey Mad,

By the way, where do you have your CG?

Casey
Old 11-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Oregon Craig

The Horizon website has listed the PNP version as out of stock from the very beginning. Every month, they just move the date out one more month. Now that December is arriving, of course now they claim they will arrive in January. January is after Christmas, and it will just change to February anyway. Not the BNF, the PNP version. Wife was going to make it my Christmas gift, and I had a coupon for Horizon that expired while they kept moving the date out further and further. I would have loved to have one. [&o][&o]
Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 AM
mad web tv scientist

Casey, thanks for asking the question about my 109 CG. In all the excitement I had forgotten and had incorrectly assumed that it was only around 1/8 inch in front of the instruction book recommendation . Careful measurements show that both the gear/flapped version and the non-flapped/gear version are in fact .2 - .25 inch ahead of the instruction book recommendation. No wonder I had so many bad take off experiences in the beginning.

Tests at altitude showed that I am unable to torque roll the plane no matter how hard I tried. Pull up at low throttle, slam in full throttle at near stall speed, no problems, no how now.

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Doug47

The Horizon website has listed the PNP version as out of stock from the very beginning
Hey N70R:
What I did was buy what they have listed as "replacement airframe" which they did have in stock, for 89 bucks.
I was very pleasantly suprised to find that everything but the motor and mount, and no electronics of course, were included for that price. ALL of it..spinner, prop, collet, landing gear, all the flap set-up stuff, owners manual, you name it.
If its in the RTF version and its not electronics it's in the box.
Doug
Old 11-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Oregon Craig

Doug: That sounds okay, I guess, but I have no idea about motors and ESCs and no ability to learn. That's why I wanted to just use a RX and TX that I already own. I also already own a couple of batteries and a charger. The best solution obviously would be if they would just keep their promises. If they claim that an item will be in stock "early Dec" then they should not just change it to January. They have done this with the PNP version every month since it was allegedly first arriving in September. They have not ever been listed as in stock. Now Christmas is blown.

Scientist: I don't know what you are talking about. I never do.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Doug47

That sounds okay, I guess, but I have no idea about motors and ESCs and no ability to learn
Oh you sure do have ability to learn !
Hey N70R-
Just PM me, we'll blow stuff up and melt wiring harnesses together man !
I'd been doing R/C, predominantly .40-.60 size warbirds for...holy cow, over 20 years now I guess.
I took a couple /three years off with very rare flying, but as always this virus returns.
One reason I've done so is getting interested in electrics, and I'll tell you, this technology is going nowhere...but straight up.
I just saw an ad for this new series of Thunderpowers that have something like up to a 45C discharge rate, not any more expensive, and from what I understood you can charge them faster ??? Is that right, electric guys ?
Another thing I'm learning is some things don't ever change. It seems that the best equipment is still more expensive, that if you scrimp you are constantly fiddling and replacing and if you don't you are glad you didn't.
For instance my charlie foxtrot with the Turnigy motors being a disappointment, and the E-Bay seller of these PZ warbird Turnigy 3536-1100 hop-ups a rude , non-responsive person after all. Both of them are roached, yet my Hacker and E-flite motors , running the same speed controls and batteries run super.
Another for instance: How often when you flew standard sized r/c did you have a servo fail? Well, it seems to be sadly common in lots of parkflyers runing original equipment servos. Hmmm. Answer ? You already know it. Not sub micro 70 dollar digitals, but a plain old Hitec /JR/Futaba will perform better and longer.
The convenience, the ease of just chucking a plane and a couple-three batteries in your vehicle and going flying about anywhere is awesome.
So dig in N70. A lot of very nice people on this site have helped me with some questions that are certainly old hat to them which is highly appreciated, outstanding and I don't know squat about electrics either. Yet
Be glad to help, now get a warbird and quit pouting about these turkeys delaying your airplane..
Doug

Old 11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Dr_Bojangles

Hey Doug!

Great idea getting the Replacement Airframe.

I have a couple or three brushless 15 motors from the Apprentice and a few 30-amp E-Flite ESCs.

Anyone think the motor from the Apprentice would work in the ME109?

Apprentice motor:
EFLM7215 BL15 outrunner, 840 kV motor
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...215#quickSpecs

ME109 Motor:
PKZ4916 15 720Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor: Bf-109G
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

Old 11-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Doug47

Anyone think the motor from the Apprentice would work in the ME109?
The manual makes some kind of direct reference to it, and here's where I run out of electric knowledge.[]
They mention it will drop right in, but it has higher kv (? don't really get that yet )and likes higher rpm , so the three bladed prop may not work too well ,the stock one working fine with it of course having lower kv. One of you electric guys can spell this out for us maybe ?
The Apprentice motor is stronger though, and they do offer (I bought one) a two bladed spinner for the 109. Doug
Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Doug47

getting the Replacement Airframe.
Though I'm not really a fan usually of stock motors ,electronics and radios, looking at all you get for the money, especially so when it comes with absolutely everything that isn't electronic makes me very much so a fan of the value these PZ/E-Flite, etc. models give us.
Heck, the Mustang gives you the whole thing for 79 bucks !
Sure, they arent beautifully built and finished "GOLD EDITION" warbirds, but they are a blast to fly, rugged as heck, convenient, look pretty decent on the ground and awesome in the air....I like the direction the hobbies going.
Sure, it's very rewarding to put together a complex kit or even a scratch-built aircraft, and those butterflies getting ready to fly a model for the first time you have hundreds of hours in is indescribable, as is the reward when it all works out great.
As is the smothering desponency when it doesn't.[&o] Doug
Old 11-28-2009, 12:11 AM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: N7OR

The Horizon website has listed the PNP version as out of stock from the very beginning. Every month, they just move the date out one more month. Now that December is arriving, of course now they claim they will arrive in January. January is after Christmas, and it will just change to February anyway. Not the BNF, the PNP version. Wife was going to make it my Christmas gift, and I had a coupon for Horizon that expired while they kept moving the date out further and further. I would have loved to have one. [&o][&o]
You need to jump in line and put one on backorder. We shipped quite a few in September, then quite a few more in October, but we've been out all this month. I honestly don't know when we're going to get our next shipment in, but at the current ordering pace, we might have all of the next ones sold before they arrive. That's likely the issue. Our IT system isn't smart enough to total up backorders and compare that number against the next incoming order or two so it can give you a good "open stock" date. All it does is post a date based upon when the next shipment should arrive. If that shipment is all spoken for, they'll come in one day and out the next, and the availability date on the web will simply jump from the previous arrival date to the anticipated arrival date of the next shipment.

Your best bet is to get one on backorder either directly with Horizon or through a hobby shop or other dealer.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 AM
glazier808

You can call my local hobby shop if you would like. I think they have one or two there....did any how...dunno....anyhow, its E H Hobby and the number is 530-751-0225.

Tell they Casey sent ya lol...

they love me down there I think lol

Casey
Old 11-28-2009, 01:38 AM
glazier808

oops, forgot to tell you they are closed on Sunday and Monday and they're hours are 11:30-6:00 pm Pacific time.

Casey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.