Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Which Parkzone Flyer Do You Prefer

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Trojan
29.41%
Messerschmitt Bf-109G
16.18%
F4U Corsair
32.35%
Other (Explain)
22.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Which Parkzone Flyer Do You Prefer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 AM
1LO64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Parkzone Flyer Do You Prefer

I'm looking at upgrading from my Stryker to something with rudder/elevators. I'd like to try the next level but am on the fence of what plane to go with. I've seen the Trojan but have heard it's tough to fly, the new lipo/Mustang caught my eye, but no rudder control there. The Messerschmitt Bf-109G looks pretty sick but it's fairly new, don't know if there's any more issues with it

Any thoughts on a parkflyer of your choice that tracks nice yet has some serious 3D potential?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 AM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Which Parkzone Flyer Do You Prefer

I have flown all three planes. and the trojan , and the t28 fly great. I have test flown many times for club members . I give an A + rating in my book for what it is.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 AM
1LO64

ORIGINAL: mandtra

I have flown all three planes. and the trojan , and the t28 fly great. I have test flown many times for club members . I give an A + rating in my book for what it is.
The Trojan is the T28 right?

Why do you prefer the Trojan over the rest?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 AM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

your right is was thinking of another plane. but the T28 Trojan is a great flyer and my favorite RTF plane. WHY ? for one most RTF planes out of the box are just ok , ok on power and ok flyer, and often need upgraded right out of the box. But this plane has lots of power and needs no upgrading , it will fly slow as a trainer , or turn up the rates and go full throttle and it has pleanty of giddy up. it loops , and rolls nicely.tracks straight , and handles the wind really good. also the plane is very durable and not too bad to repair. I think all new Electric pilots should have one
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

IL064,
I was wanting the Corsair, but didn't have the money for it. So I pieced this MS Composite together with brushless setup for ALOT LESS. I love it for a park flyer and it is my first 4 channel plane other than the PZ Sukhoi. Which I consider more of a toy than a plane.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88450.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1264071  
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
1LO64

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

IL064,
I was wanting the Corsair, but didn't have the money for it. So I pieced this MS Composite together with brushless setup for ALOT LESS. I love it for a park flyer and it is my first 4 channel plane other than the PZ Sukhoi. Which I consider more of a toy than a plane.

That's pretty sick but to be honest, I don't have extra stuff laying around. I'd like to get something RTF.

How much do you have into it though, RTF?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 AM
SubEd

The BF109G isn't out for another month, so no one here will have any in depth experience with it. The Trojan is a beauty to fly, as is the Corsair (which got my vote).
Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
1LO64

ORIGINAL: SubEd

The BF109G isn't out for another month, so no one here will have any in depth experience with it. The Trojan is a beauty to fly, as is the Corsair (which got my vote).
Why the Corsair over the Trojan?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
1LO64

The more I research the Corsair, the more I like it!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] The PZ WWII fighter that I happen to be flying at the moment is my favorite during the flight. The question is a lot like saying, "which one of your kids do you love most?" If I would ever be unfortunate enough to lose one I would feel compelled to replace it. They are all great planes!

So far I have been able to resist the intense temptation to buy back up fighter planes for my growing squadron. Usually this temptation is strongest just after assembling a new PZ warbird and/or after flying it successfully a time or two.

The PZ Messerschmitt 109 is different. After studying the history of the full size ship for some time and then being shocked by the sudden appearance of the PZ ME and realizing the genius of PZ designers/engineers I have become so strongly emotionally imprinted on it that I am now fighting the most desperate model craving extravagant temptation ever even before owning one!

I am calling the hobby shop today and ordering extra props, flap servos, and most importantly, the greatest "teaching aid moment" possible - SWASTIKA for historical accuracy and discussions with so many people who are so abysmally ignorant of history. People are far more important to me than planes. If I can just keep a wholesome prospective on reality I think I may be able to resist buying a beautiful back up Bf 109 at least until after I buy my first one!

YES, BEWARE OF THE HUN IN THE SUN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Sinai

that's torture. How can i choose between the Cub and a PZ warbird? For me, it all depends on how i feel that day, and where I'm flying. The jury is still out on the BF 109 because I haven't flown it yet.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: 1LO64

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

IL064,

That's pretty sick but to be honest, I don't have extra stuff laying around. I'd like to get something RTF.

How much do you have into it though, RTF?
Well, I already had the DX6i which I picked up here on RCU pretty cheap from a guy that got it with a RTF heli and he already had a DX7. Then I got a couple of good deals on some extra DSM2 receivers on Ebay. I don't really think you can count the cost of my radio because I use it for almost all of my planes. The only planes that I don't use it for are the PZ Micro RTF's.
So we will count the cost of the receiver, $40.00, the plane $60.00, I used 4 JR servos that I have had laying around for over 3 years that I use on micro cars and trucks, around $23 each, but if I didn't have them, I would have bought much cheaper servos for this plane. In my opinion, foamie planes don't need that expensive of a servo, the plane doesn't need the torque these little guys put out. Not if you fly like me anyway I got the brushless motor for free from a VERY GOOD friend here on RCU and he gave me the esc. I had the 3 cell lipo from my Cub that I use. So actually I only spent $60.00 on the plane and used all the other stuff I had laying around and the stuff that was given to me.

I could have got a similiar motor from hobbycity for $5.99 and a SS brushless esc for $8.39. The Zippy 3 cell 100mah lipo I have I got from Hobbycity for $13.00,
So to sum it up, If I didn't have all the stuff laying around and if my good buddy didn't give me the esc and motor, It would have cost me $167.50 to put this plane together.

So for someone with out their own radio and alot of extra stuff laying around, it would be almost as expensive as one of the PZ RTF's.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 AM
wxup

Before purchasing the Trojan and Corsair I had a lot of sailplane experience but no aileron/speed experience. I bought the Trojan first and after getting the hang of it purchased the Corsair. I'm very glad I did it in that order. The Trojan is a much better trainer than the Corsair in my opinion. It is more forgiving, a little slower to react to control inputs, and almost impossible to stall. The Corsair reacts quicker to control inputs, which makes it more fun to fly after getting used to the Trojan. After flying the Trojan for long enough to feel comfortable with it, I started flying the Corsair. It took me quite a few flights to feel comfortable with the extra maneuverability. I am really glad I started with the Trojan, but now I prefer the Corsair. I will use the Trojan when flying in a tight location, higher winds, teaching a friend to fly, anywhere I need really solid control. But I fly the Corsair when I want to have fun. That's been my experience. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Eflyer177

well i own the t28 TrojanD,f4u corsair,p51D BL, and the bf109 G and i like them all the same such great flyers
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
hamburgrd
My Feedback: (1)

This is a question that I have been asking myself too. I just recently got the p51 bl and love it.

As for the rudder, it is a simple proceedure to add one and is covered in the instructions. PZ even includes the hardware for the rudder. The hinges are already molded into the stab and rudder. You will just need a $11 servo like the hs55.

The P-51 has a surpriseing speed range and stalls are mild and easy to recover from. It is however a hand launch plane if that makes a difference. The other PZ planes are high on my list but my hanger is getting crowded (wife speaking).

I say buy one of each lol
Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 PM
G4AV8R

1L064,  I've got both the F4U, and the new BNF P-51.  I prefer the F4U over the P-51.  I have not flown any of the T-28,s.   I prefer the F4U because it  has a lighter wing loading,and therefore lands slower.  I also think the tail surfaces on the P-51 are too small.  It seems to yaw left and right and  doesn't respond very well to rudder trim.  The P-51 also glides like a rock compared to the F4U.  When you go to idle, be prepared to land... now.   I have also had to increase up elevator  to get a good flair on landing.
However, I'm glad to have both A/C and enjoy flying both of them.  I just prefer  the F4U....  Randy
Old 09-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Wheelnut

I prefer this cheap $89.00 RTF EPO AT-6
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41262.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1278433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14635.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1278434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46266.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1278435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj19651.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1278436  
Old 09-19-2009, 08:58 PM
CBM Racing

But, unlike the parkzone birds, you already upgraded the radio system, so now you have to dispose of that for a small fee. Then the esc crapped out on the first run-up, so you had to change that out. The battery pack included was what? A 650mah 8 cell nimh? And it wouldn't take full capacity either. Luckily, parkzone puts in pretty decent gear from the get go, not the very best, but at least pretty good that will fly the plane very well from the get go. The texan hasn't even flown yet, the gear has been changed out because it couldn't make it off the bench test, yet you prefer that one, hmmm...The texan looks very nice indeed though, but the poll was about parkzone birds. But maybe the texan will fly circles around the pz birds, who knows yet? Anywho, my vote is for the corsair, flies fantastic stock, and looks great in the air doing scale flights. Toss up though between any of the bl models they have, all are pretty darn good planes.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Gofer303
My Feedback: (1)

Cub J3 is a must from parkzone. Have had more fun flying this than most nitro planes. tha next best one is a Sow Stick for a change.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Wheelnut

I love my Exceed Piper J-3 Cub. Flew GREAT right out of the box, and now with the cheap brushless and 3s lipo upgrade from hobbycity, what a scream
And at $69.00 RTF. waa hooo!!, still less money than the PZ stuff.

Bone stock
http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Exceed-Piper-Cub-2-wmv

Brushless (Very windy day, about 15mph)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwXAW5Tsx4

Learning 3D, should have turned down the dual rates and expo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuuJx-92A9c
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Shortbuss

Dam parkzone. I hate em. I blame them for my addiction. I started on the cheap V-tails. Then took a few years off and got the Super Cub last year. Now I am stuck trying to decide on either the T-28, the Corsair, or the BF190. Can any one tell me which one would run the best with snow skis? Anyone tried it? I flew my cub all winter last year with skis. It was too much fun on the lake. Also how are Lipos in the winter?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
lowdrag

My memories as a kid was watching Robert Conrad in Baa Baa Black Sheep. Cheesy by today's standards but boy was it so cool as a kid. When Parkzone came out with the Corsair I was smitten and had to have it; have been flying it for some time. I've since added the T-28 PNP, the blue one, and the ME-109.
Since most of my flying is with the sonic combat modules against other PZ planes, I would have to say the T-28 is the best one of them all. I love the way the Corsair looks as well as the ME-109, but the T-28 is fast, turns tighter than the ohers, and is a real tough bird. It is the easiest of the three to land. Teh Corsair has a lot of wing flex when in a dive and pulling up hard - due to the gull wing construction.

I don't think anyone could go wrong with any of these planes - PZ has done a fantastic job on selling decent and relatively inexpensive RC planes. My vote goes to the T-28 for its sonic combat abilities in the air against the other planes, turning, and construction.

lowdrag
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too like alot of flyers love the looks of the Corsair in the air.

As for the inverted gull wing setup it takes some skill to get it off the ground without tip stalling/snap rolling it into the ground.

My first corsair was a Pica 1/12 scale with a .25 glow. I crashed it 4 times on take off before I figured out that I needed more speed before giving up elevator.

Once in the air it was fun to fly, very quick and responsive to controls.

Now the T-28 PZ, is a dream to fly. Slow, fast it's all good.

Comes down like a feather with power off and touches down gently.

Would recommend the PZ T-28 to anyone without worry that it will fly.

Larry
Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Shortbuss

Anyone run skis on any of these? Are lipos ok in the cold? I really want to pull the pin on a 4 channel. Either the T28 or the Corsair.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
440GTX

I have 3 PZ planes. Stryker , Corsair, and BF109.
They are all nice and all nice flyers
My favourite is my BF 109 doing a low pass with the landing gear removed.