Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Help with first Electric

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Kyonic
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with first Electric

Hello I am needing some help in deciding on a electric rc. I have been flying Nitro for awhile and I have a Ultra- Stick, Alpha Trainer, Sig Somethin Extra. I am looking at the following models
E-Flite - Mini Ultra Stick
E-Flite - SU 26
E-Flite - Pitts M12
I am having trouble finding a motor, batt, and speed control. I am wondering about the Hobby King Stuff like Turnigy are these any good? I think I could save some money by going through the Hobby King. Any good setups you know would be great.
If I got the Mini Stick I would want to do the quad flap setup but I hear that having the extra servos will drain the batteries very quickly?
Well any help would be great.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
derek2005

Default RE: Help with first Electric

The MUS really doesn't need the extra flaps. It slows down OK without them. It is a very popular airplane and flies well with an eflite 480 system or equivalent. Many people love the tower pro stuff from Hobby city. For the price they can't be beat and you can buy two or three for the price of an eflite motor. I wouldn't shy away from them. The biggest problem is getting them in a timely manner. Even when labeled in stock, their stuff can take a while to get shipped. If you are not in a hurry, go for it.

The eflite SU 26 looks cool to me and has gotten great performance reviews. Better looks and similar performance. Can be set up for 3-D as well, although you do not have to.

All the models listed are fun, so pick what you like the best and what suits your flying style. Set it up with quality components and get some good lipos. Have fun!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Kyonic
My Feedback: (8)

I have decided to go with the SU-26 and the following
-AR6110 i was wondering if it would have enough range?
-TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller
-TURNIGY TR 35-36C 1100kv Brushless Outrunner
-Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack
Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How did that package turn out?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 PM
speedy72vega

I have a MUS with a Turnigy 35-30-1400 running on 3S 2200ma spinning a 9X6E APC prop. The plane is phenominal, TONS of power. It will keep going vertical until I back off the throttle. It is a great flying little plane, can do just about any aerobatic maneuver with ease.
I agree with the previous poster, the MUS doesn't need the quad flaps, it practically floats down to the runway as it is.
As far as the Hobby King products are concerned, I have several Turnigy motors, ranging from the 35-30-1400 up to a 50-65-650, and aside from the first 50-65 being no good, all the others work just fine. One weak point is the bearings. It seems they don't lube the bearings very good, so I add oil to all of my bearings now, have been great since.
The Zippy and Rhino batteries can't be beat for the price IMHO, but the jury's still out on the Turnigy line of batteries.