Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Corsair or T28 got some Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Corsair or T28 got some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Shortbuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair or T28 got some Questions

Been flying my super cub for almost a year and its a blast to fly. I want to upgrade to either the Corsair or the T28. My local hobby store doesnt have the RTF T28 anymore. The BNF plus the radio come to more than the Corsair RTF. I wanted the T28 because I hear its easier to fly. So I was thinking about getting the Corsair RTF and the PNP T28. The battery, charger and radio will work for both right? If so I could start on the trogan and then go to the corsair later. Now my one BIG question, how well do Lipos hold up in the cold? Not anything crazy, but -10c. And colder and my hands freeze up anyway. I might put skis on the trogan, thats how I flew my SC all last winter and loved it! I have never ran Lipos before and wasnt sure how they hold up in the cold.

Thanks,
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
skipperwayne

Default RE: Corsair or T28 got some Questions

Just like you and me, lipos lose some of their get up and go when cold. I keep mine in the house until I'm ready to go flying. Then, I put them in an insulated cooler that keeps them from getting too cold. You'll probably find that your flight time is a bit shorter in the cold, but not by too much.

Oh, by the way, my first RC airplane was the PZ F4U Corsair. It's not that difficult to fly. And I made skis for it and flew all winter.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Shortbuss

Hey thanks for the reply! Thanks the kind of advice I was looking for. I also have realflight and have put many hours on it. I do the same kind of thing with the batteries for my SC. Keep em warm till you use them. Do you have any pics of your Corsair with skis?
Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Shortbuss

Corsair on the way! Got to fab some skis up for it too!