Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New E-Flite L4 Grasshopper

Old 11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
WJCJR1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New E-Flite L4 Grasshopper

The E-Flite L4 Grasshopper is a terrific looking beauty. Here's our [link=http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900]L4 Build REview[/link]

"Surprisingly she is fairly fast on the 250 motor and 2s but when the winds gusted hard she would nearly stop in the air"

The maiden was yesterday with winds 10-15mph and gusts, couldn't wait any longer was tired of looking at her!

Video just completed today, better day, and picts from maiden and today. Nice looking plane.

Wayne
[link=http://www.HorizonRcFlyers.com]HorizonRcFlyers[/link]
Old 02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
texasclouds

Default RE: New E-Flite L4 Grasshopper

this plane is on my wish list...nicely done.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:18 AM
alangranvue
My Feedback: (11)

Just puchased mine. I'll finish building her tonight and get the maiden this saturday. Very nice little plane.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 AM
alangranvue

First flight I lost the right Main Strut.  I emailed E-flight to see what they say about it.  Have any of you had this problem? I guess I'm going to have to cut some balsa and make another one....  One thing I will recommend to anyone who doesn't have A BUNCH of stick time. DO NOT FLY THIS IN ANY WIND. haha, It was a hand full. The winds here were about 10 mph above the trees.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 AM
kzguns

Yep struts have been a problem with this plane. Use some fishing line and tie them together at the fuse or hot glue if you dont plan to remove the wing all the time. Also the landing gear is a bit small and the axle part will bend on nearly every landing. My fix was to bend a heavier peice to match the lower section and marry it up wrap thread near the axle and at the top of the v then soak with thin ca redrill the wheel holes and its very strong now. bent peice will look like this _/\_ and again i just doubled it to the org. gear. I also hit the whole plane with a heat gun to tighten it all up but install the wing and struts first then tighten it up.

Otherwise i love this plane it flys great nees a lot of runway if you dont have someone throw it for you but once it get moving it goes pretty good and glides nice on landing. Plus has great scale look.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 AM
texasclouds

i'd guess 5 mph or less windwise is what you'll need to fly in.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
alangranvue

Thanks for the tip. I will use fishing line for the time being. Hopefully, E-flight will help me out and send one to me or at let me purchase one somehow. It really is a nice looking little plane though! Once I get it back together again I will probably sell it. I never get a chance to fly and usually when I do the winds are 8-15mph. I would rather sell it and loose a little money than to donate it to the dirt.