Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone P-51BL

Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Guitarman52
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone P-51BL

I purchased my first electric plane. Is it ok to fly this plane in the snow? I didn't know if landing it in the snow would be ok, or if it would be bad on the electronics or the motor.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Guitarman52

Default RE: Parkzone P-51BL

Anyone out there? I'm not worried about in the air. It's belly landing it in the snow..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Raycamaro

Unless you nose it in, I don't see how it would hurt anything.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
texasclouds

as long as you don't leave snow residue on it, which later melts and wets down your electronics causing oxidation or shorts...i don't think it is a problem.

i belly land my eflite p40 300 in damp grass w/o adverse effects. i just wipe it down with a paper towel before loading in truck. i've flown my balsa/solite parkfliers in light mist w/o any problems.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
-pkh-

You'll probably scoop up some snow through the air intake on the bottom front of the cowl. Just make sure you get it out before it melts and gets your motor wet.

If you've not flown this plane before, it lands on a skid on the fake super-charger intake on the belly and then immediately tilts forward so the front of the cowl and air intake scrape along the ground. I typically get a little dirt and grass in there and have to shake it out every so often. Landing in snow, you're sure to get a little snow in there, but if you clean most of it out of there you should be fine.