Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Best motor replacement for T-28D

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Best motor replacement for T-28D

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
oldnnp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best motor replacement for T-28D

Share your experience with motors that you have tried in the T-28. Iam looking for a motor that will give me a little more power but will not drastically shorten my flight time. Do not need to go 100 MPH and want to try to use the exisitng mount and ESC.

Thanks,
Oliver
Old 01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
johnpcunningham

Default RE: Best motor replacement for T-28D

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_92..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Beach Copter

Default RE: Best motor replacement for T-28D

I know you asked about motor, but depending on how much more speed you want I found selecting another prop with more pitch will add more speed.

I use a Watt meter to make sure replacement prop does not exceed motor, ESC or battery capacities.

On my PZ planes with a 30 amp speed control I have had good luck with a GWS 11 x 8 and not exceeding 28 amps with PZ 1800 battery.

Results was more speed & verticle climb. Only requirement was to resize prop hole size to match hub.

On other planes (non-PZ) I have has similiar results with APC props.

Consider that PZ will use a prop that works for the majority and one that will not task supplied equipment too much to reduce warranty issues.

BTW a battery rated at a higher C rating may also provide more speed if existing battery is tired or has a C rating that does not feed prop/ motor/ESC potentials.

When I tested different batteries on same setup; my higher "C" / maH rated batteries did provide more watts up to the limit of prop/ motor/ESC equipment .

NOTE: To be safe always use a watt meter to test your actual set-up. You may be surprised what real equipment testing results are when compared to advertised specs.

Good luck