Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

GWS Tigermoth / Graupner Bücker Jungmann / Valenta Skeeto

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Tigermoth / Graupner Bücker Jungmann / Valenta Skeeto

Old 07-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Rob P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Tigermoth / Graupner Bücker Jungmann / Valenta Skeeto

Hi,

The GWS Tigermoth I have heard is a very good plane.

But what do you think about these 2 new ones:
http://www.shop.graupner.de/webapp/c...&show_cat=5402

and this one:
http://www.valentamodel.cz/index-aj.htm
The Valento Skeeto

The Graupner "Bücker Jungmann" is new this year...so I guess not many did fly it.

The Valenta Skeeto SA-8 is made using balsa and is pritty unknown.

Is there anybody on the forum who did fly the two others?

Rob
Old 07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Is this going to be a first airplane for you? I ask because lots of people get the TigerMoth for their first R/C plane.

If it is a first plane, I would forget the balsa Skeeto for the time being. You want something you can fix quickly in the field. Styrofoam is the preferred material. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I haven't seen or flown either of the two you ask about...
Old 07-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Rob P.

Originally posted by Mike Taylor
Is this going to be a first airplane for you? I ask because lots of people get the TigerMoth for their first R/C plane.

If it is a first plane, I would forget the balsa Skeeto for the time being. You want something you can fix quickly in the field. Styrofoam is the preferred material. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I haven't seen or flown either of the two you ask about...
Hi Mike,

I do fly now the Jamara Angel XL (or known in the USA as Skywave).
The moment I have this one in full controlle, I want to expand my collection / hobby .

The Skeeto is also heaving more weight than the others. But surly looks cool!

The Graupner "Brücker Jungmann" is a new 2003 model.
Because I am based in Europe (Holland) it is easier for me to buy a Graupner than GWS.

How do you like the looks of the Graupner. I think it looks great in flight! And you can use 4 channels if you want.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 07-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Mike Taylor

People really like Graupner models. They have been around for a long time and produce excellent flying models. I still have one of the old Cirrus gliders from the early 70's hanging in my work shop. I retired it after over 300 hours of flying slope and thermals with it.

A really like the Buckner airplanes as well. There are 7 or 8 Jungmeisters (full size, restored original aircraft) that fly out of Santa Paula airport, just over the hill from me. When they fly by in formation, it is quite a rush to see more than half of the remaining planes go by!

The Skeeto is cute, too. I found a more detailed description that says the fuselage is made of laminated lite plywood; that might help keep you flying longer. It takes a brushless motor (according the NE Sailplanes - http://www.nesail.com/Skeeto/Skeeto.htm). I think it might be a good deal, but I am just guessing here...
Old 07-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Rob P.

People really like Graupner models. They have been around for a long time and produce excellent flying models. I still have one of the old Cirrus gliders from the early 70's hanging in my work shop. I retired it after over 300 hours of flying slope and thermals with it.

A really like the Buckner airplanes as well. There are 7 or 8 Jungmeisters (full size, restored original aircraft) that fly out of Santa Paula airport, just over the hill from me. When they fly by in formation, it is quite a rush to see more than half of the remaining planes go by!

The Skeeto is cute, too. I found a more detailed description that says the fuselage is made of laminated lite plywood; that might help keep you flying longer. It takes a brushless motor (according the NE Sailplanes - http://www.nesail.com/Skeeto/Skeeto.htm). I think it might be a good deal, but I am just guessing here...
I spoke yesterday with the sales guy of the shop and he also told that Graupner was one of the best brands on the market.

For spare parts it is easier for me to buy a Graupner.
So the Buckner is proberbly going to be my next park flyer.
But first I want to ad some skills using the Angel XL (Skywave).

Mike, how great that you life close to classic planes!
Pitty that there are only a few of them left.

About the Skeeto... The brand is not very known here in this earia (Germany, Netherlands). But I like the way it looks very much!

Rob
Old 07-13-2003, 04:25 AM
Mike Taylor

Yes, I feel lucky to have this much history locally available.

Santa Paula Airport (SZP) is the oldest civialian aviation site in the country, and claims the title of 'Antique and Homebuilt capitol of the world'. When they roll all the hanger doors open, there are some real gems in there. It has (or used to have) the 1909 Bleriot that held the world speed record of 47 mph! Lots of glorious airplanes.

The other local airport has the CAF wing I belong to. The CAF museaum currently has a P-38 (flyable), Spitfire Mk. XIIII, BearCat, Hellcat, 2 Japanese Zeros (1 flyable), Hawker Hurricane (flying), YAK-3 (one of 2 originals left - the other is in Moscow), a B-25 (being restored), a couple of AT-6s, and some outstanding WWII artifacts.

Today they showed me a printed cloth with rising sun and a Kamikaze squadron's song on it. A Japanese visitor, who was a Kamikaze (but due to a training accident that kept him out of service to the war's end was one of the few survivors) recognized it and sang the song for them. The tape and the cloth will get a better display made up for it...
Old 07-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Rob P.

Yes, I feel lucky to have this much history locally available.

Santa Paula Airport (SZP) is the oldest civialian aviation site in the country, and claims the title of 'Antique and Homebuilt capitol of the world'. When they roll all the hanger doors open, there are some real gems in there. It has (or used to have) the 1909 Bleriot that held the world speed record of 47 mph! Lots of glorious airplanes.

The other local airport has the CAF wing I belong to. The CAF museaum currently has a P-38 (flyable), Spitfire Mk. XIIII, BearCat, Hellcat, 2 Japanese Zeros (1 flyable), Hawker Hurricane (flying), YAK-3 (one of 2 originals left - the other is in Moscow), a B-25 (being restored), a couple of AT-6s, and some outstanding WWII artifacts.

Today they showed me a printed cloth with rising sun and a Kamikaze squadron's song on it. A Japanese visitor, who was a Kamikaze (but due to a training accident that kept him out of service to the war's end was one of the few survivors) recognized it and sang the song for them. The tape and the cloth will get a better display made up for it...
Last sunday I spoke with a pilot here in Holland who had the training in USA. He also told me that allot of classic planes could be found in the USA. Even flying them was possible!

You are indeed very lucky with such a place nearby.

Ps. Here you can see some other slowflyers from the brand Robbe.
They have also nice videos!
http://at.robbe-online.net/cgi-bin/r...193e0dc121064a
Section: slowflyers

The Stearman PT-17 and Buecker Jungmeister (here he is again) :-) are good looking!

Don't forget to watch the movies of the Buecker Jungmeister! Two very nice movies, the planes flies great.

Rob