Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Looking for interest in a project.

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Looking for interest in a project.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:47 AM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for interest in a project.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but I'll give it a try. Over about the last year, I've been building, redesigning, and more building a twin motor airplane. I tried to make a very well rounded plane, that would wouldn't be strictly for one certain flying style, and I'm very proud of this design, locks into hovers, fly fast, or fly at walking pace, and flys great on cheap electronics, as well as 25 minute fly times with a 2200 3 cell . I am considering ordering balsa in bulk, and was wondering if I built a bunch of them, if people would be interested in purchasing Arf's or kits of the plane. I know I am kind of jumping the gun at this point since I currently don't have a picture ( Last one I built went MIA in some woods). Mainly at this point, if there's any interest, I'll order some more wood. The prices really wouldn't be much more then the material cost. Will also offer a refund if you are not happy with the quality, or flying. Now to give you an idea of the plane.

Wingspan: 36"
Chord: 12"
Length: 38"
Weight: never got a chance to weigh it, but it flies insanely light.

I run it with a 1500-2200mah battery, 2- towerpro 2410's, 4 HXT 900 servos and it has plenty of power, will fly around 1/4 throttle, hover around half, and normal aerobatic flying gets me around 20 minutes, just puttin around gets closer to 30. Should have pics up within the next couple weeks if theres any interest. It really is a good sturdy fun to fly plane for just flyin around the back yard, just ask me for any other info i missed. Will also do Rtc if you want your own scheme.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Looking for interest in a project.

I'm listening, but of course would be more interested to know what it looks like.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had short kits lazer cut from, I believe it was AK-Models , you can do a search for lazer cutters, the short kits I had cut were all the pieces except the cross grain sheeting for the fuse, and they were only like $7 each including the wood as long as you can cad the plans up or get someone to do it for you....just an idea, they are way cheaper than you think for kits....but ARF's thats a whole other story, farm that out to China and you have to buy an entire truck container load.....doubt you wanna go that route....Rog
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

I'm really just planning on doing it the good ol' fashioned trace, cut, and sand the parts, the last one i built took about 10 hours, start to finish, but I'm sure after a few goes I can get it down to about 8, I recently got laid off, so I have nothing but time other then a few hours of class a week, and a few extra bucks for doing something I love to do wouldn't hurt either.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I wasnt aware of your job loss,,I got laid off just after xmas myself so I am building in between job hunting myself, good luck and, probably a pic and quick vid would help,,it sounds sorta like a lazybee type of plane....Rog