Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

parkzone micro p51 uneven at full throttle

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

parkzone micro p51 uneven at full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 PM
donjr721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone micro p51 uneven at full throttle

My girlfriend bought me a micro p51 over valentines weekend. i took it to work to fly in our paint booth (90'x100') the ceiling is only about 25'. it was the first time that i got to fly it. i was a little nervous due to a small crowd of co-workers, and i have never flown this plane. i found that the only thing i could do in that area was a constant circle, and tight figure eights, mainly because i was unfamiliar with the flight characteristics of this plane, it was very fast for this area. i could only fly at about half throttle.

tonight was calm enough outside, only had a few minutes left of useable daylight. THIS PLANE IS AWESOME!! or as the kids would say "sick". i let it loose, if you will, full out, hammer down. split s, rolls, inverted, loops. i was blown away by this little plane. too bad it got dark on me. i wasn't done yet. maybe it will be nice and calm tomorrow.

i had a slight problem with the motor, it wasn't constant at full throttle, revrevrevrevrev kind of. i took it in and charged the battery, i also re binded the radio. this seemed to take care of the problem.

i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. also the receiver is constantly chattering, like it is looking for signal. it flies great. i also have to put the battery as far forward to fly, it seems a little tail heavy with it back. this seems to make it more stable also.

any comments or rants or raves about this plane? i want to know your experience with it. i love it, i can't wait to fly it again.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 AM
jdetray

Default RE: parkzone micro p51 uneven at full throttle

Some ESCs that have a low-voltage cutoff (LVC) feature will pulse the motor when the battery voltage drops too low. It does this to signal you that it is time to land and charge the battery.

- Jeff
Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: donjr721

My girlfriend bought me a micro p51 over valentines weekend.

Friends, this is very rare. Kudos to your girl Don. That is very cool.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
donjr721

thank you. she is very special, into the rc stuff, and she loves to fish too. i am very lucky.

i thought that problem may have been due to a low battery, wasn't sure, so i re binded, but i did recharge before binding again, i due believe you are right though. i got to fly it just before dark tonight, did fine for 5-8 minutes, then did the same thing. of course i was flying the heck out of it. awesome plane. thanks again.

on another note my son was promoted to lance corporal two days ago. US MARINE. very proud of him.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:08 PM
cjg

You are hitting low voltage cutoff. Common problem of motor pulsing in the micro P-51, esp when the weather is cooler. 5-8 minutes is pretty good for the stock battery. Don't fly the battery too far down or you will damage it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Real Gambler

also the receiver is constantly chattering, like it is looking for signal.
It's fine! This is very typical from AR6400 Receivers... Don't worry about it, and enjoy this little fast beauty. Sadly, as you already noticed, you need a very large indoor space to be able to fly it inside, and sure enough, even if it can fly in the wind, it doesn't need much to make it very challenging outside... But wow, with no wind outside, trust me, you will enjoy flying toward you in lowpass. Looks and fly like the real thing!

P.S.: Also confirm that the revrevrev is the Low Voltage Cutoff warning. If you keep flying it, then the motor will cutoff completely. Get the throttle back to zero, control the plane until you get close to landing, then use the throttle again. You will still have a few seconds to make a powered landing instead of deadstick.