Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick grounded! Please help!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick grounded! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 AM
PimpinSmurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick grounded! Please help!

Yesterday was not the best day in my piloting career. I have been really enjoying my Slow Stick and of course I got a little reckless with it. I inverted the plane at about 50 feet and then realized that I was too low to come out of it. Of course, I tried anyway and planted it into the grass. The only damage was that the grey plastic motor mount broke. As it is quite difficult to fly without the motor, I am coming here for help.
This is not the first time that I destroyed the mount. In fact, on 2 seperate occasions my wife landed it nose first into asphault breaking off the mount. I repaired this with CA and have had no troubles. However, on this particular crash I am left without any significant amount of the square piece that fits over the fuselage to piece back together. Worse case scenario, I buy another SS for $35. However, I would love some suggestions to fix it first

Thanks
Old 07-14-2003, 12:35 PM
troytday
My Feedback: (1)

Try making a mount out of lite ply and/or balsa. You could make the old mount work by epoxy and lite ply. I would try to build a new mount and come up with something unique.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Mike Taylor

You can buy just the motor for about $17 - $20 or so... If your LHS doesn't carry them, try on-line. I looked at a couple of sites I deal with and the first one (not the only one for sure) with GWS motors is EDogFight (http://www.edogfight.com/Catalog_page/MotorBrushed.htm )
Old 07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
PimpinSmurf

It's not the motor that is busted. That would actually be easier to replace it seems.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Don 07tncav

Could you use balsa on the outside of the motor as support for a repair and CA the balsa to the mount or is it too far gone??
Old 07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
PimpinSmurf

That might work. The only part that is busted is the square part that slips onto the fuselage. I may even be able to CA the bottom of the remaining mount to the top of the fuse stick that CA is so unbelievable strong. I could then add a garbage bag twistie tie around the motor and stick for added support. Would look silly though.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
troytday

Default SS Flight.

I have the day off here in Florida. I am going to fly my SS today.
I am ready to leave in a minute. I hope you fellas fly hard and strong, and get this other gentleman's SS flying again.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:12 PM
zippy1

Same thing happened to me. You can buy a new mount for the motor at Aeromicro for $2.95. Check it out http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/gea...9_products.htm
Old 07-14-2003, 04:18 PM
PimpinSmurf

Wow, that's perfect. $3 gets me a new mount. I now need to find a couple of other things to purchase from this site to justify the shipping. I am sure that will not be too difficult!

Thanks