Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Bigger wheels for PZ Corsair.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:36 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger wheels for PZ Corsair.

Hi,

I would like to put bigger wheels on my PZ Corsair, so that i can land and take off from grass.

Please let me know which ones do you guys recommend, and also i am looking for the light weight wheels that i do not need to modify to fit the landing gear.

PLease advise.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default RE: Bigger wheels for PZ Corsair.

Zsultan, Dave Brown products Lite Flite wheels in both 2.5" diameter that looks close to scale and more streamlined formed 2.75" diameter size work very well on stock struts when located around 3/4 inch ahead of the wing leading edge. I spin my wheels with an electric drill and use coarse sand paper to shape the wheels.

HAPPY LANDINGS!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Hi mad web tv scientist,

Thanks for the response.

Do i need to get 2.25", 2.5" or 2.75" for Corsair? do i need to bend the landing gear forward? and also why do you need to shape the wheels?

One more thing, width of the stock wheel is approximately 15mm and the 2 1/4" Dubro or Dave brown wheels are 20mm in width. So, have to remove the piece of small black tube inserted on one end of the rod to avoid wheel rubbing the rod. How did you guys fit a 20mm wide wheel on the rod?

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

bend the gear forward for a grass field It will help alot !! I can take off at the club easy and at my house the grass is alot taller and no problem !!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Wheels from the Typhoon 2 are a better diameter and they look more scale, with spokes. I have them on mine.